IGNORED

Luton Town (a) - Tues 29th Dec 19:45

Davefevs

Just now, The Journalist said:

With the exception of Norwich and, probably, Bournemouth, it's a pretty poor league though isn't it?

Hardly any goals in it this year, hardly any good attacking play. It isn't just us.

We've been out played by pretty much everyone this year so far

The head coach hasn't got a clue,

The defending is school boy

The older players look uninterested 

There isn't any fight apart from fam and Bentley

1 minute ago, The Journalist said:

With the exception of Norwich and, probably, Bournemouth, it's a pretty poor league though isn't it?

Hardly any goals in it this year, hardly any good attacking play. It isn't just us.

Yeah so all the more frustrating that we are doing so poorly. Great chance to have a proper crack at it this year but now.......

Just now, Ivorguy said:

I am sorry to have to say it but unless we change the coaching the January window will not help us.

Moreover, I am also sorry but not sure any of our injured will make a significant impact on their return either.

Its very diffulcut to see any improvement if annything we seem to be getting slightly worse week on week

Just now, lenred said:

Yeah so all the more frustrating that we are doing so poorly. Great chance to have a proper crack at it this year but now.......

Don't disagree, but sure there are 15 other teams looking at it and thinking the same - and most of them are below us in the table.

Please don't get me wrong, we've obviously been dire at times and really dull to watch, but this isn't exclusive to us. It's a really unforgiving league and schedule, and we've a pretty unforgiving injury list.

10 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I genuinely think, if you take one shite piece of defending/switching off out of this game, you'd be pretty satisfied with the opening 35 minutes here.

We've played worse and been in front in games.

Unfortunately, moments win and lose games. Too many times this season we’ve switched off at the wrong time and been punished, tonight has been no different so far.

All very well knocking the ball about nicely and looking good but if you defend like a bunch of amateurs it becomes very difficult to win games.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

You are talking utter shite. We haven’t been outplayed so far. There is no lack of fight so far. The goal was schoolboy defending, the only thing you have got right in that pile of shit you just wrote.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I think you're vastly exaggerating with the first statement, personally. I think we've seen a lot of dull football between poor/knackered teams, but I've not seen us really blown away by anyone apart from Reading and Norwich.

But, as I said above, it's been pretty painful to watch hasn't it? Much like every other game in the league this season (and it's my job to cover it, so I've seen a lot).

1 minute ago, The Journalist said:

Don't disagree, but sure there are 15 other teams looking at it and thinking the same - and most of them are below us in the table.

Please don't get me wrong, we've obviously been dire at times and really dull to watch, but this isn't exclusive to us. It's a really unforgiving league and schedule, and we've a pretty unforgiving injury list.

They won’t be for much longer if we carry on playing like this. Not being knee jerk or ‘throwing toys’ it’s just a fact.  

Well first 10/15 mins it was OK. Decent. I thought Luton looked really poor and for a moment I forgot myself.

Because we’re Dean Holden’s Bristol City and we can make anyone look good.

So...we gift Luton a goal and suddenly heads drop and we’re weathering a bit of pressure.

On about 30-35 mins we managed a few moves, meaning we managed to string 4 passes together and managed a shot on target or 2.

But that was the best of it. Toothless, liable to make mistakes at the back. Disjointed Deano.

OK - I know we’ve got some injuries but HNM left midfield?! Shocking.

4-3-3 allowing them far too many crosses. Even I can see that and have no coaching badges.

Having 3 up top, Wells and Semenyo just ain’t working, because they’re both cutting in and desperate to score, which they don’t look like doing very often in that role...so just keep shooting and now the assists have dried up too. 

Positives? Bakinson, I guess but still needs to improves decision making. Wells and Martin dropped off and linked a few times, miracle! We hit the cross bar. We’re only one down. About it.

Poor half again. Heard that before? Pretty demoralising.

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Unfortunately, moments win and lose games. Too many times this season we’ve switched off at the wrong time and been punished, tonight has been no different so far.

All very well knocking the ball about nicely and looking good but if you defend like a bunch of amateurs it becomes very difficult to win games.

Don't disagree. The football is so poor across the board in the league that I wouldn't be surprised if the team who scores the most set-piece goals this season gets promoted. Huge part of the game that we're not getting right.

Archived