IGNORED

Luton Town (a) - Tues 29th Dec 19:45

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

no he has been hung out to dry by being played out of position.

Exactly. Which is why it’s frustrating to see him being moaned at by fans when he’s one of the few players who can safely say this current mess is nothing to do with him, as he’s barely played!

4 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Let me rephrase. He has been dreadful.

And it continues. Broken-record Bass.

Ironically I would say the two weakest players on the pitch currently are Rowe and Bakinson, the latter being way too cheap in possession and the former not getting involved enough letting Cornick get a run at him every time by moving inside along with Kalas. Wells, well, less said the better - I would just slap Bell on and give him longer than 5 minutes when we're eventually 2-0 down.

We've been alright insofar, unlucky not to have scored with Martin's header. Schoolboy error missing his header by Kalas cost us with Rea with a bit of quality to slap the back of the net.

I've been highly critical of recent performances. Despite this score this is no-where near our worst performance of the season yet reading some responses on this thread you'd think it was.

I mean **** me, we've actually had Semenyo get a shot on target!

Looking at it so far IF we can show a bit of quality in the final third in the second half we SHOULD get something out of this game. Some of the bed wetting comments have been embarrassing.

Had we gone in at 0-0 I would say it’s been an improvement on recent games but our Captain and possibly one other who should have been marking has made a huge Rick on a corner that should never have been given after a clear foul on our keeper.

Sorry if that doesn’t fit the wet the bed narrative but that’s how I have seen that 45 minutes.

Just now, The Journalist said:

I think that's fair, yeah. But I think some of the hysteria around tonight's display is a bit much.

Game of opinions and all that though, innit.

Hysteria on here every game week either way, but also lots of balanced views either way also of which I like to think I’m one.  No one enjoys saying their team are turgid and difficult to watch but it’s the truth and has been for a very good while now imho. 

My half time thoughts are that I’m rather confused. 

Whenever we’ve played O’Dowda this season (a left winger), he’s played in a 3 man midfield, as the attacking, penetrating element of the 3. 
Now that he’s out and Massengo comes in (a self-confessed central attacking midfield player), Holden sticks him out on the left wing!!!  

You have to feel a bit sorry for HNM. There’s a reason Luton have had about 15 crosses from their right - it’s because HNM has clearly never played LW before and has no idea how to defend out there, leaving Rowe exposed. 

Semenyo has always been the 3rd attacker, now he’s pretty much hugging the touchline like an old-school winger. 

The set up, given the personnel and their relative strengths, is bizarre. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Looks as if plenty agree

This isn't norwich we are playing its Luton

After we scraped a win against a Wycombe side too,

This teams one of the worst.weve had in the championship

They loon directionless players like Wells are stealing a living at the moment totally uninterested

Constantly playing players out of position like cod

But yea Bury your head in the sand

Loon? You got that bit right.

first half summary:

Bloody Corners....Kalas caught underneath it....but great controlled volley from Chris (its Glen, Rene) Rea.

Just think we are a bit impatient....trying to go forward too quickly with killer pass.

Good middle spell, with Semenyo and Martin unlucky.  Some good passes from Wells to spread the play.

Massengo looks a little lost LM, but at least he's dragging Pearson onto him to allow Wells and Martin to get in.

Nagy some lovely tidy up play....but two awful square passes intercepted.

Bakinson could boss this midfield if he can just show a tad more composure with his forward passes.

Not a lost cause....but need to be better across the board really.

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

Exactly. Which is why it’s frustrating to see him being moaned at by fans when he’s one of the few players who can safely say this current mess is nothing to do with him, as he’s barely played!

We aren't a charity. He isn't good enough at the moment and isn't doing some of the basics.

Tale of 2 crosses.

Wells unmarked at 14 / 15 minute mark - ball sails ober his head. I'd be pissed if I was Nahki as well

17 minutes, kalas goes sleepy byebyes and they score (good goal too)

Questions ' musings

Why are we still trying to play out from back?

Massengo and Martin are blowing out their arses - change

Semenyo - needs a spell. No confidence.

Bakinson seems to be made of glass.

Being outplayed by Luton, deserved scoreline.

The Daddylive stream is 100% perfect

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Looks as if plenty agree

They loon directionless players like Wells are stealing a living at the moment totally uninterested

For what it’s worth, you make the point of Wells stealing a living, then mention players being played out of position.....Wells is currently being played out of position (& has been most of the season), hes been a Championship center forward for the best of part of 7-8 years.

I’m not watching it tonight, but if he does look disinterested, can you blame him? He would be upfront in his correct position at over two thirds of the teams in this league, but for some reason not us.

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Looks as if plenty agree

I don’t bury my head in the sand, if it’s crap I’ll call it but you are massively over-reacting to the 45 minutes so far tonight.

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

So bored...It's like amateur football. We need one more relegation and maybe then SL will wake up.

If you put us on the first place in League One now with the games remaining I won't be sure that we will win the league.

A) it’s nothing like amateur football, but in any case B) amateur football is far from boring!  

So yet another disappointing first half. The keeping it to 0-0 and then go for it in the second will be interesting to see. I think we need to get Ray Lewington over from Palace and give his apoplectic half time message as he did last night. Important half for DH, with Brentford coming up next.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

My half time thoughts are that I’m rather confused. 

Whenever we’ve played O’Dowda this season (a left winger), he’s played in a 3 man midfield, as the attacking, penetrating element of the 3. 
Now that he’s out and Massengo comes in (a self-confessed central attacking midfield player), Holden sticks him out on the left wing!!!  

You have to feel a bit sorry for HNM. There’s a reason Luton have had about 15 crosses from their right - it’s because HNM has clearly never played LW before and has no idea how to defend out there, leaving Rowe exposed. 

Semenyo has always been the 3rd attacker, now he’s pretty much hugging the touchline like an old-school winger. 

The set up, given the personnel and their relative strengths, is bizarre. 

I would've played HNM and AS the other way round seeing as its 442.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

I don’t bury my head in the sand, if it’s crap I’ll call it but you are massively over-reacting to the 45 minutes so far tonight.

It isn't 45 minutes of football though its the last 10 games,

Performances are getting worse,

We look directionless, toothless and can't defend,

Just now, Bassomylord said:

We aren't a charity. He isn't good enough at the moment and isn't doing some of the basics.

Can’t be bothered to argue. There’s a reason he’s played at the highest standard of anyone at the club, because he’s a quality player. Was obvious when he turned up but has regressed with the coaching at the club. Find it so painful to watch as he’s the perfect example of everything we’re doing wrong.

Again, the rest of the squad has been awful all season. At 19, did you really expect him to come in and transform the side, away at one of the most physical sides in the league? 

Got nothing else to add, just find it astonishing how he can be moaned at when he’s surrounded by players who wouldn’t look out of place in an under-11s tournament.

3 minutes ago, Mihai said:

So bored...It's like amateur football. We need one more relegation and maybe then SL will wake up.

If you put us on the first place in League One now with the games remaining I won't be sure that we will win the league.

Your assumption that SLwould be upset with another relegation is rather a big assumption in the minds of many of us.  Have seen little concrete evidence to suggest, other than fine words which anyone can spout, that he really wishes to see us at the highest level.

Archived