IGNORED

Luton Town (a) - Tues 29th Dec 19:45

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

My half time thoughts are that I’m rather confused. 

Whenever we’ve played O’Dowda this season (a left winger), he’s played in a 3 man midfield, as the attacking, penetrating element of the 3. 
Now that he’s out and Massengo comes in (a self-confessed central attacking midfield player), Holden sticks him out on the left wing!!!  

You have to feel a bit sorry for HNM. There’s a reason Luton have had about 15 crosses from their right - it’s because HNM has clearly never played LW before and has no idea how to defend out there, leaving Rowe exposed. 

Semenyo has always been the 3rd attacker, now he’s pretty much hugging the touchline like an old-school winger. 

The set up, given the personnel and their relative strengths, is bizarre. 

Spot on, just underlines how clueless Holden is. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It isn't 45 minutes of football though its the last 10 games,

Performances are getting worse,

We look directionless, toothless and can't defend,

If you look at tonight SO FAR without wetting the bed it simply is not worse. People saying Luton have outplayed us are talking crap.

Just now, KegCity said:

Can’t be bothered to argue. There’s a reason he’s played at the highest standard of anyone at the club, because he’s a quality player. Was obvious when he turned up but has regressed with the coaching at the club. Find it so painful to watch as he’s the perfect example of everything we’re doing wrong.

Again, the rest of the squad has been awful all season. At 19, did you really expect him to come in and transform the side, away at one of the most physical sides in the league? 

Got nothing else to add, just find it astonishing how he can be moaned at when he’s surrounded by players who wouldn’t look out of place in an under-11s tournament.

How does a couple of games in a dire Monaco side suddenly mean he has played at the highest level??

We have a number of full internationals in our side....who play regularly.

Luton aren't anywhere near one of the most physical sides in the league....

You're making it up as you go along.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would've played HNM and AS the other way round seeing as its 442.

Yep. HNM is a right footed central attacking midfielder. He’s being played as a left winger. 
If you’re gonna play him wide, at least put him on the right. 
He shouldn’t be wide regardless. That team on paper was a 4-3-3 all day long. Quite why he’s got HNM and Sem as wingers is just, well, bizarre. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Clear foul on Bentley on previous corner before goal. Bentley was at full stretch in the air. Don't know how a barge is not a foul there.

But have to do a lot better for that goal. 

Massengo been poor. Out of position but it's clear to see he has the technique to go at players, but not exactly quick, and not got the body strength yet to use his body with his close control. 

I don't change my mind on Massengo. He could he quality one day. Just doesn't look like he's developed a lot so far, but it's also clear he's a bit rusty. 

Wells been poor with touch and some passes again. Just doesn't work him and Martin. 

Semenyo looks our biggest threat but not getting him the ball enough. 

Missing O'Dowda. It would make all the difference having him driving us on.

Gilmartin could not work out if Rowe was playing left centre back. Well he must be left back, with Massengo left midfield. But it shows how narrow and deep he can be. If Rowe was more attacking then Massengo could come in field more. 

One fantastic move before Martin headed against the bar. Nagy sublime skill on touchline in own half. Bakinson then lovely weighted pass forwards, he's done a few of those. Semenyo first touch superb and dribble before I think it was Hunt cross for Martin header. It went something like that. What a goal that could have been!

We started brightly Massengo driving forward and lovely shift of weight in his feint to go one way, but then laid it through to Wells who could not sort his feet and body position out to take the ball. 

Luton then were ontop for a while. But I thought we should be able to cope and chances will open up for us. Well we were not good enough t keep them out. Not good enough. 

We had a good 10 minutes of play. Semenyo struck a ball nicely from an angle the goalkeeper saved well. That's how I want Antoine to strike it, body over the ball and hit it low with power.

Bakinson the odd occasional sloppy moment. But at times he shows absolute real quality. Nagy too. We should be better with those 2 in our midfield. 

O dowda the saviour hope you remember to polish the shrine.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Yep. HNM is a right footed central attacking midfielder. He’s being played as a left winger. 
If you’re gonna play him wide, at least put him on the right. 
He shouldn’t be wide regardless. That team on paper was a 4-3-3 all day long. Quite why he’s got HNM and Sem as wingers is just, well, bizarre. 

Good coach, crap manager, nice bloke though.

We need a proper bloke in charge.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If you look at tonight SO FAR without wetting the bed it simply is not worse. People saying Luton have outplayed us are talking crap.

I'm worried about the direction we are heading we've seen it before and it's really worrying

It isn't wetting the bed and if you see my post I haven't been overly critical as some others

But because you are Mr angry you are refusing to see what others are worried about,

Just now, Bassomylord said:

O dowda the saviour hope you remember to polish the shrine.

this is championship football, you need someone to enject pace, i don't rate him but with weiman out he is a necessary player, you don't pick the best 11 players you have you pick a team that will work together and hae a balance. please get this into your small little mind.

Can we just accept Massengo is a player that is not good enough at this level. 

He was all over the place in that half. He does not make the right runs and never moves into the right space to receive the ball. 

He is weak on the ball and offers nothing defensively. 

He is only ever comfortable when he has facing our own goal and passing backward. 

He is so poor is actually a joke he is playing. I can’t not understand how he has not been replaced at half time. 

DH and his merry team should be ashamed they can’t see it. 

Just now, RedNachos said:

this is championship football, you need someone to enject pace, i don't rate him but with weiman out he is a necessary player, you don't pick the best 11 players you have you pick a team that will work together and hae a balance. please get this into your small little mind.

I don't rate him either.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

100% 

As others have said, we’re not playing without talent.

Id go as far to say we are clearly the more talented team with lots talented players. We just aren’t coached very well.

No clear purpose or pattern and not enough coaching skill to get the best out of Nagy and HNM. Both of whom are slightly wasted in this mire.

Archived