IGNORED

Luton Town (a) - Tues 29th Dec 19:45

Davefevs

Just now, City_USA said:

I'd accept SL coming out and saying we need to survive this season and regroup after some normality comes about. But instead we're given the BS about Deano being the best candidate available. Like hell he was?

Where is SL? Seems more like the invisible man at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

The sooner Holden and his shambles of a team are gone the better totally clueless. Ashton and lansdown should act now, the definition on madness carrying on with the same thing (previous manager n2 ) and expecting a different outcome! 

I don't trust Ashton and Lansdown.

3 points out of 5 is solid relegation form.

Injuries haven't helped, but hitherto useful players are now looking dispirited, lacking confidence and in terms of organisation we are really, really poor. We are LESS than our sum of parts.

We had a base to build on. Covid didn't affect us worse than everyone else, it was a level playing field.

But by appointing a totally inexperienced manager (after a poor spell in temporary charge) and appointing two lower league coaches (on the basis that they were on the extreme periphery of a dreary England set-up) you get a side that could yet be fighting to stay up this season.

I'm so bored and ****** off with how this club is run.

1 minute ago, mossey said:

5E3B8630-5FD1-4511-BC6E-A6DFB44834FB.jpeg

One shot one goal......oh...no.....they scored our goal eh?

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Still, all it needs is Steve to turn up with a rallying call and many of you will buy it.........whilst slagging off his latest failing managerial choice.

Not this call sign

11 minutes ago, 2015 said:

The bloke is a total clown, talks rubbish 

Personally, think it was half hearted attempt to save it, made it look as if trying to save,but not really, someone else who’s unhappy with the way being ask to play, and half hearted now, players are not happy, and not playing for Holden, bet if another manager came in tomorrow, you’d see a totally different performance from the same players.

12 minutes ago, mossey said:

Nope, watched it a couple of times now, he should’ve saved it. That’s what annoys me about commentators, especially ones employed by city, they hardly ever criticise, even when it’s glaringly obvious player at fault.

who the hell is going to fork out £10 to watch this rubbish?

Radio Bristol much better than it was when Adam Baker wouldn't say jack shit about us playing badly. I like Adam Baker, don't get me wrong but Owers doesn't hold back, nor Chris Honor.

1 minute ago, mossey said:

Personally, think it was half hearted attempt to save it, made it look as if trying to save,but not really, someone else who’s unhappy with the way being ask to play, and half hearted now, players are happy, and not playing for Holden, bet if another manager came in tomorrow, you’d see a totally different performance from the same players.

You would, but I would bet if Holden was sacked then Simpson or Downing would take over. It's a total shambles and Holden would not be in charge at any other club at this Level and that's a fact

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

:laugh: why do you need balls to see it? 

Too many seem afraid to criticise an Owner who has pumped shitloads of money into a club he now has 99.99% control of including the stadium and everything else, whilst making the same mistakes for 20 odd years. Apparently it’s ungrateful.

Whilst the Rugby Club is at its highest stock for god knows how long the football supporters have to put up with turgid shit year after year. And we are talking YEARS of it now. Go to Ashton Gate Stadium Twitter “the home of Bristol Bears and Bristol City FC”...........

I don’t demand Premiership football like some, it would be nice to just turn up at Ashton Gate or watch on the tv and ENJOY more games than not, that’s all.

It really isn’t Dean Holden’s fault what is happening at the Gate. But there’s none so blind as them that won’t see.

Just now, 2015 said:

You would, but I would bet if Holden was sacked then Simpson or Downing would take over. It's a total shambles and Holden would not be in charge at any other club at this Level and that's a fact

Indeed. In fact would he have been in with a shout for a League 1 or 2 job? My guess is not.

Ashton needs to go ,Holden needs to go and take Wells and the coaching staff with him.

If we finish 13th this season it will be quite an achievement in my opinion.

A club well backed financially with a decent stadium in one of the Biggest City's in England going absolutely nowhere fast.

Outside of our own little bubble we are a nobody, a joke and certainly not respected anywhere.

Totally depressing to see it getting worse and worse every season.

What I’d give right now to wake up tomorrow with the news we've appointed Neil Watnock.  

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Rene Martin is talking us up, ‘we were in the ascendency and good throughout the game’ however, the fact is we managed just one shot on target and three corners, we are simply not creating anywhere near enough scoring opportunities. 

...and this is why we’re all nice, soft and cuddly.

Rather than rip into players, we say ‘jolly good effort, unlucky’. 

It develops a mentality like Bakinson’s, lazy and sloppy.

Watch the Leeds game. Player misplaced a pass, he ran like his life depended on it to win it back. Everybody was sprinting, not trotting or walking about, just to find space. Most attacks, within seconds of the ball being in the oppositions final third, 7-8 Leeds players sprinting into that final third of the pitch.

You don’t need to spend £100 millions to create a Leeds-like ethos......just get players with the right DNA and create a TEAM.

Fundamentally though you need a manager that players RESPECT and FEAR. Old school maybe, but this ‘everyone’s a winner’ type mentality of the new school creates limp-wristed losers who think they can just turn up and demand undeserved rewards.

Leeds show how to play the game of the 2020’s. It’s not some half-baked Barcelona of the 90’s effort that our FA coaches and LJ read from FA manuals. Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Too many seem afraid to criticise an Owner who has pumped shitloads of money into a club he now has 99.99% control of including the stadium and everything else, whilst making the same mistakes for 20 odd years. Apparently it’s ungrateful.

Whilst the Rugby Club is at its highest stock for god knows how long the football supporters have to put up with turgid shit year after year. And we are talking YEARS of it now. Go to Ashton Gate Stadium Twitter “the home of Bristol Bears and Bristol City FC”...........

I don’t demand Premiership football like some, it would be nice to just turn up at Ashton Gate or watch on the tv and ENJOY more games than not, that’s all.

It really isn’t Dean Holden’s fault what is happening at the Gate. But there’s none so blind as them that won’t see.

Have to agree with you. DH is the fall guy in what is going on at AG. The club is going nowhere currently. A club run by a “secret club”. Where is Ashton and Lansdown?

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

3 points out of 5 is solid relegation form.

Injuries haven't helped, but hitherto useful players are now looking dispirited, lacking confidence and in terms of organisation we are really, really poor. We are LESS than our sum of parts.

We had a base to build on. Covid didn't affect us worse than everyone else, it was a level playing field.

But by appointing a totally inexperienced manager (after a poor spell in temporary charge) and appointing two lower league coaches (on the basis that they were on the extreme periphery of a dreary England set-up) you get a side that could yet be fighting to stay up this season.

I'm so bored and ****** off with how this club is run.

I am pleasantly surprised that there are a number of us that can see the bloody obvious.......your very last statement.

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

Ashton needs to go ,Holden needs to go and take Wells and the coaching staff with him.

If we finish 13th this season it will be quite an achievement in my opinion.

A club well backed financially with a decent stadium in one of the Biggest City's in England going absolutely nowhere fast.

Outside of our own little bubble we are a nobody, a joke and certainly not respected anywhere.

Totally depressing to see it getting worse and worse every season.

What I’d give right now to wake up tomorrow with the news we've appointed Neil Watnock.  

Clicked like then I saw your last two words.

It is a joke though that we keep losing to clubs like Luton, Preston, Millwall basically limited Championship battlers

6 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Don’t worry everyone. We only have Brentford, Preston and Norwich up next in the league. 

And people think we’re safe without worry.Whilst I think we will be ok it’s far away from being a given in the current circumstances. Could be in a lot more trouble after those three games.  

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

...and this is why we’re all nice, soft and cuddly.

Rather than rip into players, we say ‘jolly good effort, unlucky’. 

It develops a mentality like Bakinson’s, lazy and sloppy.

Watch the Leeds game. Player misplaced a pass, he ran like his life depended on it to win it back. Everybody was sprinting, not trotting or walking about, just to find space. Most attacks, within seconds of the ball being in the oppositions final third, 7-8 Leeds players sprinting into that final third of the pitch.

You don’t need to spend £100 millions to create a Leeds-like ethos......just get players with the right DNA and create a TEAM.

Fundamentally though you need a manager that players RESPECT and FEAR. Old school maybe, but this ‘everyone’s a winner’ type mentality of the new school creates limp-wristed losers who think they can just turn up and demand undeserved rewards.

Leeds show how to play the game of the 2020’s. It’s not some half-baked Barcelona of the 90’s effort that our FA coaches and LJ read from FA manuals. Pathetic.

Bielsa's first comments when Leeds Manager in 2018 was this: We may not be the best team in the League, but we will be the fittest.

Now, I understand we have injuries and we are playing 3 times a week, but so is everyone else right now.

What we severely lack is dynamism. Strength combined with speed, which most successful sides have right now. Our team seriously need to hit the gym, it's no wonder we get so many injuries, they're soft as ****

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Indeed. In fact would he have been in with a shout for a League 1 or 2 job? My guess is not.

Nope. Tisdale is a better Manager than he is, so is Sheridan at Swindon to be honest

Archived