IGNORED

The Social Media Team - Again

Lenners

Tonight’s effort, City seemingly well on their way to yet another defeat for a change and the bloke behind the Twitter account and his infinite wit has replied this to a tweet from one of our fans.

This tweet in isolation of course, pretty meaningless, but they’re at it constantly. The “content” is absolutely horrific, cringeworthy and doesn’t get anything like the sort of interaction that it used to under Adam Baker.

It’s just full of childish nonsense, these social media accounts reflect on the club and it’s stuff like posting the highlights at 12am with the caption “u up?” which is just so odd.

The bloke behind the account, Ryan Morgan I believe, I’ve had a look through his Twitter and his sense of humour is just awful. Proper “tiktok” type “lad”.

Shake it up ffs, it irks the fans even more on top of everything else that’s dismal at the club at the moment.

79BE0577-7E65-45A2-9E73-4995735AC6F7.jpeg

I’m not really a follower of this from the club, but I’m told when we win the club don’t shut up and go ott. When we lose though the club are silent. They certainly haven’t got the tone right or are in touch with the fans on the whole.

5 minutes ago, gamon said:

Just ignore it.

Why should I ignore it though?

I used to use the clubs social media accounts as a source of information, now they just deluge my timeline with juvenile shite after scraping past sides like Wycombe.

It really does my head in.

it’s aimed at teenagers as they’re the ones to retweet/ like etc. None of its original any more, all copied from other clubs even the YouTube channel has stooped to copying Ben Foster (and done a terrible job at it) 

Just unfollow it, you’ll see the bigger city news on your timeline regularly enough without having to put up with the pointless shit they pump out all day! 

1 minute ago, gamon said:

Noise encourages it, different world these days full of vanity and self indulgence.

Social media is for the vain and weak minded. Influencers? Wtf is that all about?

A reply moaning about a tweet is seen as a victory for them as it adds to their ‘engagement’ on there. 

1 minute ago, super slick said:

it’s aimed at teenagers as they’re the ones to retweet/ like etc. None of its original any more, all copied from other clubs even the YouTube channel has stooped to copying Ben Foster (and done a terrible job at it) 

Just unfollow it, you’ll see the bigger city news on your timeline regularly enough without having to put up with the pointless shit they pump out all day! 

They get dogs abuse off teenagers though. Think they’re trying to appeal to younger fans but have misjudged the Twitter audience. Unfortunately they recently won an award for their awful tweets so it won’t be changing any time soon.

5 minutes ago, super slick said:

They’re not retweeting it though? That’s the issue, it’s not getting interactions and all the teenagers are equally critical of it. Cringeworthy as anything, you cannot blame them.

1 minute ago, Lenners said:

They’re not retweeting it though? That’s the issue, it’s not getting interactions and all the teenagers are equally critical of it. Cringeworthy as anything, you cannot blame them.

It's patronising to assume that teenagers want their type of low IQ content too. There's plenty of pages to follow for teenagers to get jokey content, in general if they follow Bristol City FC it's for Bristol City news. Doesn't take a genius to work that out. This comes directly from a 16 year old relative of mine who's also a City fan!

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

The commentator on robins tv is nearly as bad , he’s as excited when the opposition scores as when we do 

Says shite like we are dominating possession when it's only 2 minutes on the clock. Shockingly bad, as is Gilmartin.

I have put Radio Bristol on instead and muted TV

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's patronising to assume that teenagers want their type of low IQ content too. There's plenty of pages to follow for teenagers to get jokey content, in general if they follow Bristol City FC it's for Bristol City news. Doesn't take a genius to work that out. This comes directly from a 16 year old relative of mine who's also a City fan!

To me it reflects a lack of professional of the club.

Put childish content on tiktok if that's the way the club wants to go.

Petty I know but the constant use of "Bents", "Vynes" "Bakes" etc drives me mad

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

And the players calling the manager ‘Deano’

14 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Think it’s that Ryan Morgan now who runs the twitter account. doesn’t shut up when we win then when we lose it’s silent, joke 

Think he’s doing a brilliant job too, constantly blowing his own trumpet on his own personal feed.

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

"Mapps" for Mariappa when he first joined was the worst one for me, needlessly pally. We don't know these players, especially ones on short term contracts.

Archived