IGNORED

Brentford

redsocks

Blimey sounds like you might as well stay in Bristol and give us the points ?some of you sort yourselves out this is the championship I expect this to be a tight game saturday hopefully we will win but try having a bet every week and pick 3 winners.Poorest championship in the 7 years we have been in it Wycombe beat Cardiff and RaRas got a point at the leaders last night.We have been lucky on the injury from unlike you as yours has been dreadfull.

20 hours ago, Banjo Red said:

Cricket score

Yeah, could be 22 - 2 (RIP Richie B) or I think more likely 36 - 10, as India managed in Australia the other day. Which is a bit better than Bon Accord managed against Arbroath (36 - 0) a while ago. I suppose a "Nelson" is possible too (11-1) but can we keep Brentford to fewer than a dozen?

Nathan Jones Luton manager, said after last nights game, about us,  "They are a good side, and they are four years ahead of where we are now"  What do you think he means?  I don't see us as being 4 years ahead of anyone, with the possible exception of Accrington Stanley?   Perhaps he meant, that we sell all our best players?  ?

38 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Nathan Jones Luton manager, said after last nights game, about us,  "They are a good side, and they are four years ahead of where we are now"  What do you think he means?  I don't see us as being 4 years ahead of anyone, with the possible exception of Accrington Stanley?   Perhaps he meant, that we sell all our best players?  ?

Possibly that they hope to have their new stadium and more income streams by then?

9 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We will lose 100%. They are the form team and we have a team full of injuries including real key players. 

Hopefully someone can reply to this post saying I’m a ******** after the game Saturday ?.

I should think just about everyone will agree with you.

If not, now is the time to challenge your view, not after the game.

(I'd put the chances of defeat at only 99%, but that's just splitting hairs)

12 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Well their manager has just said they have a big task ahead on Saturday.  

Thing is many opposition managers who say this are describing as a squad with Baker, Mawson, Williams (who?) Weimann, Paterson, O’Dowda & Dasilva in it, however none of these players are actually available.

10 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We will lose 100%. They are the form team and we have a team full of injuries including real key players. 

Hopefully someone can reply to this post saying I’m a ******** after the game Saturday ?.

Seems highly likely, we have just been to Luton, Preston & Rotherham & lost the lot, although it is arguable we were possibly worth a point in the first 2 (no chance in the third), none of them are anywhere near Brentford’s quality & with the same knackered 14 players having to play yet again it is impossible to be anything but pessimistic.

22 hours ago, Bill the Bee said:

Blimey sounds like you might as well stay in Bristol and give us the points ?some of you sort yourselves out this is the championship I expect this to be a tight game saturday hopefully we will win but try having a bet every week and pick 3 winners.Poorest championship in the 7 years we have been in it Wycombe beat Cardiff and RaRas got a point at the leaders last night.We have been lucky on the injury from unlike you as yours has been dreadfull.

will be putting the tin hats on for this one

BC seem to be stuttering a bit at the moment although they have some dangerous forwards. Never understood why they, as a club, seem to under achieve when they have the infrastructure to succeed. Still, no concern of mine and provided we produce a professional performance we should win this comfortably. 1-0 (Toney) although nothing like as close as that scoreline suggests.
They underachieve because they’ve appointed very limited managers (Johnson pere et fils) who don’t really fit the broader approach they’ve done pretty well with in terms of recruitment.

Taken from the Brentford forum, sums us up pretty well

I think a lot of fans  in the Championship, but especially City fans, are envious of what Brentford have done on and off the pitch. Whilst we look lost at sea with no identifiable playing style (other than dull dross) and yet a sustainability model not that far removed from Brentford's. One of scouring the market for young, untapped talent that can be turned into real class players with the right coaching. In theory we should have a good coaching setup behind Holden (one of the more exiting announcements made in the summer) to realise these youngsters but it just isn't happening for what ever reason. And whilst we have been on a steady decline in the last 2-3 years (footballing wise), Brentford meanwhile have true sustainability - a playing style that has improved season on season which makes them great to watch, and yet all this with significant player changes and the dreaded cheap option of an internally recruited manager! With a new stylish ground to boot, it look even more likely this could be their season and I fear the gulf in class will be never so apparent than on the pitch this Saturday!

Archived