IGNORED

Enjoyment

Selred

7 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

The double season with Cotts. Exciting, fast, attacking football.

Exactly this, he should be back here tomorrow, why did we show him the door after just over 2yrs....Promotion and a cup final ffs...light years ahead of our current manager and his side kicks....get OUR Stevie BACK NOW.

7 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

The double season with Cotts. Exciting, fast, attacking football.

You didn’t enjoy the first half of the season under LJ when we reached the League cup semis? Really?

LJ had a lot of faults but some of the away games were great fun. This stuff under Holden is dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. 

We are boring and gutless. 

3 points from Birmingham, Rotherham, millwall, Preston, wycombe and Luton. A win against Blackburn amongst these games, so 6 points from 7 games - but that is still 3 points from 6 teams who quite simply like to put a foot in and work hard. Yet I’d hazard a guess that a lot of us expected such a poor return because we all know how gutless we are against such teams. 

What makes it worse is that gutless teams are usually entertaining and show a bit of flair. Boring teams don’t often get bullied. People brand Warnock as boring, and as debatable as that may be, how often do his sides get bullied. 

We are somehow both boring and gutless. We have been for a while. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Second leg v Man City...we have been on a very slow steady decline at this level ever since

I think those two legs over Manchester City papered over the cracks that had started appearing 

After the Wolves defeat we lost 5-0 at Villa, 3-0 at Watford in the FA Cup, list 1-0 at home to Norwich, then drew 0-0 with Derby 

7 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Difficult to even justify the £10 outlay. 

I’ve stopped - I didn’t really enjoy it prior to all injuries. Not because the away game at Stoke wasn’t good but none of it is the same. The season doesn’t feel real/proper due to everything that’s going on.

I’ll judge Holden when he’s got a reasonable squad and the fans are back etc. For me I said 18th so just keep us up this season.

I’ve thought for a while that does for Holden won’t be the results. Ultimately, we’ll have too much to go down and the injuries can be used as a crutch.

What will do for him will be how we play. We cede possession. We don’t go after teams. We hope to nick a win, even against lesser teams. We create close to nothing, and if there were fans, they wouldn’t be off their seats.

Pure and simple, it’s boring. It’s negative. It’s not enjoyable. The managers who lost the fan base quickest weren’t the likes of McInnes and O’Driscoll, who had prima facie worse results, but the likes of Osman and Pulis, who went against our core principles of attacking football. Hell - even Danny Wilson went after reverting from an attacking vibrant side to hoping to eke a win vs Brighton without our most promising striker.

For me, he’s rapidly turning a lot of people off with his style of play. And that’s why I think he’s a dead man walking.

Archived