IGNORED

Enjoyment

Selred

16 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

I enjoyed watching LUFC V WBA tonight personally.

A refreshing change from watching dour, lifeless, tactically inept football.

Big Sam - he was an England manager I'll have you know.

I used to hate them, but they are so much fun to watch. I love it when Leeds are on now.

A mixture of things has completely killed off my enjoyment of watching football.  
Not being able to go to the stadium with friends and have a few beers was sht enough.

Watching it through Robins TV was a novelty at first but it really strips the product back to its basics and being honest it’s become a chore. It’s boring, uninspiring, dull football. Essentially I’m locked up in my house paying a tenner for some entertainment and it now just feels like a sense of obligation rather than something to look forward to. 
So I’ll be honest. I’ve stopped watching. I haven’t paid for a game since Rotherham and I’ve just saved the money and found something else to do. I genuinely question if I will get a season ticket next year (if even possible) as I’m sadly not missing it anymore. 

2 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

You happy clappers on here need to wake up to what is happening to this club. We are a club in deep trouble currently. Quite like DH but he is taking on a poison chalice laid down by that shite Ashton IMO.

Bit dramatic? Some of the BIG clubs down the bottom are much worse run. See Sheffield Wednesday in particular (win tonight aside) and to varying levels, Derby and Nottingham Forest.

I've resigned myself to a bit of a nothing season this year,but lots of players of contract means there is a chance if required for an overhaul this summer.

12 minutes ago, lenred said:

Nearly 5 years ago, crazy. Scraping the barrel having to go back that far but there haven’t been many magical moments since sadly.  

Style of football has changed too. It’s not just us, in fairness the game as a whole has moved towards a possession based style of football. But my god it’s dull to watch.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bit dramatic? Some of the BIG clubs down the bottom are much worse run. See Sheffield Wednesday in particular (win tonight aside) and to varying levels, Derby and Nottingham Forest.

I've resigned myself to a bit of a nothing season this year,but lots of players of contract means there is a chance if required for an overhaul this summer.

We have had more overhauls, then players sold, then “bargain buys”, than most. There is no stability in the club, no figure head running the club with a clear direction, As soon as we have a bright light talented player, we sell them. This is not a strategy to progress, mid table mediocrity beckons.

4 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

We have had more overhauls, then players sold, then “bargain buys”, than most. There is no stability in the club, no figure head running the club with a clear direction, As soon as we have a bright light talented player, we sell them. This is not a strategy to progress, mid table mediocrity beckons.

?! It’s as stable as they come for a club in top two divisions. Lansdown and Ashton been there for ages. 

We won’t go anywhere this season due to injuries. The jury will be out on Holden when he has some proper players to rotate.

I have watched every game since football returned but did not bother Boxing Day after disappointment of going to tier 3 (after securing tickets) and did not bother tonight.

Really not missing it which is, in truth, a tad upsetting as I never thought I would get to the point where I could take it or leave it.

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

?! It’s as stable as they come for a club in top two divisions. Lansdown and Ashton been there for ages. 

We won’t go anywhere this season due to injuries. The jury will be out on Holden when he has some proper players to rotate.

Wouldn’t say we’ve been stable on the pitch, we’ve lost key members of the squad every season that we’ve struggled to replace. Can’t build a team if the core keeps getting changed. You can’t force players like Brownhill or Webster to stay when they want premier league football but they need to believe they can achieve that with city rather than via city.

Whilst injuries are an excuse, they don’t forgive basic mistakes such as the dreadful defending for Luton’s first. That’s nothing to do with injuries, Kalas (one of the few decent players we’ve currently got fit) failed to do the basics. That’s down to coaching.

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Wouldn’t say we’ve been stable on the pitch, we’ve lost key members of the squad every season that we’ve struggled to replace. Can’t build a team if the core keeps getting changed. You can’t force players like Brownhill or Webster to stay when they want premier league football but they need to believe they can achieve that with city rather than via city.

Whilst injuries are an excuse, they don’t forgive basic mistakes such as the dreadful defending for Luton’s first. That’s nothing to do with injuries, Kalas (one of the few decent players we’ve currently got fit) failed to do the basics. That’s down to coaching.

Every team at our level loses players - that’s not the issue this season.

6 minutes ago, Meh said:

I have watched every game since football returned but did not bother Boxing Day after disappointment of going to tier 3 (after securing tickets) and did not bother tonight.

Really not missing it which is, in truth, a tad upsetting as I never thought I would get to the point where I could take it or leave it.

after I left early twice whilst sat in my chair I have stopped buying.

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Style of football has changed too. It’s not just us, in fairness the game as a whole has moved towards a possession based style of football. But my god it’s dull to watch.

Let's hope a new trend emerges quickly to usurp this soul destroying possession crap. 

Too many self obsessed coaches who overthink the game and talk too much, somehow believing their 'cleverness' to be the attraction rather than the product on the pitch, which seems to get duller by the season.

I'm afraid we had a prime example at AG.

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Every team at our level loses players - that’s not the issue this season.

Equally the teams that managed to hold on to them usually got themselves up. Appreciate it’s a difficult balancing act but if the turnover of good players is as high as ours it’s going to be difficult to progress.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't think he was talking comparisons. Complete disinterest in what other clubs are doing. He's right in what he said.

As a ST holder of three decades, I’ll be honest - I haven’t paid a penny to watch City this season and haven’t missed it one bit. I’ve been bored for a long time now and only renew my ST out of loyalty to MY club.
I have watched us on sky etc but that’s it. Sad but true..

The last game that I really, really enjoyed being part of amongst a totally hostile City crowd was the return game with Swindon after they had already won the title in November. What a game and atmosphere! Rounded off by Flinty's interview. ?

(I was at their place as well, I did not enjoy that! But that wasn't City's fault. ?)

Archived