IGNORED

Enjoyment

Selred

11 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Yeah, I based my initial shout based on performances against us only which is probably wrong. 

Be interesting to see how we do against Brentford, Preston and Norwich in the coming weeks.

Will be interesting to see as you say.

In the case of first and last? Very badly I fear- though the latter seem to stall at times and home game vs them we weren't a million miles off, conceding at bad times and a penalty miss cost us a crack at a draw say IMO.

Preston? Who knows- their results seem pretty erratic this season, some notable wins yet some shockers too.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will be interesting to see as you say.

In the case of first and last? Very badly I fear- though the latter seem to stall at times and home game vs them we weren't a million miles off, conceding at bad times and a penalty miss cost us a crack at a draw say IMO.

Preston? Who knows- their results seem pretty erratic this season, some notable wins yet some shockers too.

The bad news for us is Preston are better away and we know how they love playing at three point gate as they almost always win here

14 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly, me too. Look at how Leeds fans are with Bielsa. Their style means they'll get pasted a few times in a season, but they'll also give out plenty themselves. They go toe to toe with the opposition (whether it's WBA or Liverpool) in every game. Fans like and respect it. 

Always disliked Leeds, but I have found myself wanting them to win this year as they are good to watch and not just rolling over to the big boys.

7 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Always disliked Leeds, but I have found myself wanting them to win this year as they are good to watch and not just rolling over to the big boys.

Me too. Bielsa is a fascinating coach. Must be a great time to support Leeds, they're such a strange club - either feast or famine basically.

Watching full games on the TV on my own, that are being played in dead stadiums (not just City but PL as well) has made me realise that football itself is quite a dull game at its core. Without the match day rituals with your mates and the roar of the crowd the game is reduced to overgrown schoolboys passing a ball to each other. MOTD highlights give a false impression. 
On that positive note, happy new year everyone.

On 30/12/2020 at 08:30, Hampshire Red said:

Last night Martin deserved to score and we'd be talking up the away win. 

Unbelievable some people 

No-one deserves to score.

He either scored or he didn't.

Yes, supporters of Bristol City are unbelievable. Unbelievably patient.

In my opinion, you won't find more loyal, long-suffering fans anywhere (but then, of course, I'm biased).

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

A few games here and there in the last few years, that’s why after 57 years of support I am no longer a season ticket holder or even bother to go at all. But BCFC is still my team, I wish them all the best and follow from my arm chair.

Yes, I am seriously considering giving up my season ticket after 50 odd years of watching, many of those as a season ticket holder, found one of my first season ticket books, paid £30 for. It’s the social side would miss though, meeting up with mates for a couple of pints before the game, we’ve joked about this for the last few seasons, enjoying a pint and chat, then all downhill from now, once the football starts!

27 minutes ago, mossey said:

Yes, I am seriously considering giving up my season ticket after 50 odd years of watching, many of those as a season ticket holder, found one of my first season ticket books, paid £30 for. It’s the social side would miss though, meeting up with mates for a couple of pints before the game, we’ve joked about this for the last few seasons, enjoying a pint and chat, then all downhill from now, once the football starts!

I think this will be the sort of opinion that scares non-Prem teams to death, the more we have closed stadiums and no match day add-ons, leaving us just focussed on the football, which currently, as most people seem to agree is poor (you can of course use your own adjective).

As some have suggested it has become an effort to watch to the point where as some have indicated they are finding other things to do, which could easily extend to not bothering to return regularly once we reach a position where stadiums can open. Lower league teams are more dependant on season ticket revenue and match day income, if this falls away with people picking and choosing games to attend rather than outright purchasing a season ticket, then I think more teams will be in financial difficulty.

Currently I wouldn't consider driving the 160 miles to Bristol now to watch Nakhi Wells being disinterested for 70 mins and for us not to register a shot on target. I normally come down 3 or 4 times a season to return to my spiritual home, catch up with mates, hit The Orchard and wander over to the Gate. I'd probably still do that but then just miss out on the wander over to the Gate bit, and spending my £40 ticket cash on Black Rat. We can still get pissed and talk bollocks about football and life in general, but hangover aside, probably remain in a far better mood for the remainder of the weekend.

3 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

I think this will be the sort of opinion that scares non-Prem teams to death, the more we have closed stadiums and no match day add-ons, leaving us just focussed on the football, which currently, as most people seem to agree is poor (you can of course use your own adjective).

As some have suggested it has become an effort to watch to the point where as some have indicated they are finding other things to do, which could easily extend to not bothering to return regularly once we reach a position where stadiums can open. Lower league teams are more dependant on season ticket revenue and match day income, if this falls away with people picking and choosing games to attend rather than outright purchasing a season ticket, then I think more teams will be in financial difficulty.

Currently I wouldn't consider driving the 160 miles to Bristol now to watch Nakhi Wells being disinterested for 70 mins and for us not to register a shot on target. I normally come down 3 or 4 times a season to return to my spiritual home, catch up with mates, hit The Orchard and wander over to the Gate. I'd probably still do that but then just miss out on the wander over to the Gate bit, and spending my £40 ticket cash on Black Rat. We can still get pissed and talk bollocks about football and life in general, but hangover aside, probably remain in a far better mood for the remainder of the weekend.

PL teams could lose half their season tickets and it not make much of a dent.  The TV money is so substantial.  Don’t get me wrong, tv broadcasters won’t want empty stadiums, but I’d suggest the big clubs have more than enough demand for tickets.

On 30/12/2020 at 20:55, Robin Wood said:

The bad news for us is Preston are better away and we know how they love playing at three point gate as they almost always win here

This is true! Thinking that by their standards in general they've played a bit more football this last season or two, but yeah, they've got it spot on vs us at AG for years now. If they revert to type, just vs us, they might well win.

I normally only bother to watch the top 6 teams games in the premier league to be honest but this season I have been watching most of Leeds games just because they are so good to watch. 

I watch teams like Leeds, Leizig, Liverpool and Atlanta and think no English coaches seem able to play this style of football. 

It's almost like British coaches are 10 years behind the rest. Like Mourinho we seem unable to move on from the low block. 

Interestingly Atlanta have a very similar wage budget to us apparently. Leeds haven't spent massive amounts and the likes of Swansea and Brentford are playing good football at our level on a similar budget to us. So it's not a financial reason why we can't play half decent football.

For me moving we need to get a foreign coach next, preferably a German one, who's coaches seem to be ahead of the game currently. Although can't see it happening mind every SL managerial appointment has been highly unimaginative. 

Archived