IGNORED

Wells

redsocks

2 minutes ago, redsocks said:

Why do fans on this forum love picking on players.a couple months ago it was Patto,now wells.it seems to me it's the whole team need looking at not individual players.

Don’t “love” it, he happens to have offered nothing in the last 2 games and attitude is wrong...fact.

1 minute ago, redsocks said:

Why do fans on this forum love picking on players.a couple months ago it was Patto,now wells.it seems to me it's the whole team need looking at not individual players.

Absolutely, always the same, have to have a scapegoat. The whole team were shocking again tonight but let’s pick on Wells. His confidence is shot to pieces & it’s not difficult to know why. 

1 minute ago, grifty said:

I thought he started quite brightly today, then promptly gave up for the remaining 65 minutes.

What, when being asked to play left midfield? feel sorry for him and a few of our players we are on the back of..

Just now, redsocks said:

Because they earn in a week what many of us earn in a year doing something that they should be half decent at.

1 minute ago, redsocks said:

Don’t forget COD. OTIB love our fall guy. Continually having someone on your back does no one any favours, particularly when you are bought in as a CF and then aren’t played there.

Must wish he could go back a year (like all of us), dig his heels in, take the money that QPR could and would offer and not join us.

He actually is trying but quickly loses all impetus and ends up a sulky petulant figure. 60 mins gets pushed left wing, 80 minutes gets substituted. Every. Single. Game.

The guy is a proven goalscorer and he is hauled off when we are losing narrowly away from home for a kid with 12 professional minutes under his belt, leaving the immobile Chris Martin and Antoine Semenyo (0 goals this season) on the pitch. He must wonder what his value to Holden is.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, redsocks said:

Clearly not interested in playing for us.

Body language is always so negative. 

Is he pissed off Burnley recalled him from QPR and sold to us?

Sulking about being played out wide?

Sulking about being pulled up about his social media indiscretion? 

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

Absolutely, always the same, have to have a scapegoat. The whole team were shocking again tonight but let’s pick on Wells. His confidence is shot to pieces & it’s not difficult to know why. 

Ah bless the poor little millionaire footballer....hope he's ok 

Guessing he's just pissed off at the shite service? If he had decent passes, there's no doubt he'd be banging them in. He definitely knows where the goal is, but as usual, our creativity is dire. 

Oh, and we tend to play him out of position, which is great... 

I'd be fairly annoyed too if I were him. 

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

What, when being asked to play left midfield? feel sorry for him and a few of our players we are on the back of..

aww the poor little mite. Bless his cotton socks. I hope Dean tucks him up with a blanket on the coach on the way home from the teams 15th shocking performance in a row.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Thought Wells had some bright moments tonight.  Plenty worse than him tonight.

I agree with you there, Thought he looked good and worked hard but it seems the general moral of the forum is somewhat blinkering thoughts on players at the moment.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wish it was as simple as him not trying! At least then if we could make him try then he might be good! Really is not that for me.

I actually think he works his socks off up top, but just not so much defensively. With about 10 minutes left he tracked back and then let the guy go. That might be as he wants to be in a position to be able to break so leaving the defending for someone else. But at that point we had Martin and Diedhiou on the pitch, as well as Semenyo. And I have noticed even when winning in games he is reluctant at times to do his defensive duties when out wide.

But generally I think he works hard in attacking areas. Great energy and is aggressive and is really trying his hardest.

The problem is his general play. It's been so poor for us.

Jon...I just want the lad to score goals....that's why we bought him!

Archived