IGNORED

must start to look over are shoulders

big dosser

never thought i would say it but many sides behind are picking up points and picking up confidence, where we seem to be a side on a downward spiral. I think we all may need to get realistic and hope we can stay around midtable because it is not looking good. Always worrying when some players look like they could not give a shit,defenders that cant defend midfield with no heart and so bloody lightweight and forwards that could not hit a cows ass or strike up any kind of partnership.

we need some hard players with some spirit for the badge and a bloody general on the pitch and one off the pitch a captain and a manager us fans can relate to

5 minutes ago, big dosser said:

never thought i would say it but many sides behind are picking up points and picking up confidence, where we seem to be a side on a downward spiral. I think we all may need to get realistic and hope we can stay around midtable because it is not looking good. Always worrying when some players look like they could not give a shit,defenders that cant defend midfield with no heart and so bloody lightweight and forwards that could not hit a cows ass or strike up any kind of partnership.

we need some hard players with some spirit for the badge and a bloody general on the pitch and one off the pitch a captain and a manager us fans can relate to

Bloody great shout mate but sadly these sorts of characters don’t sit well with the cosy non threatening types that Ashton and the lansdowns want. Only yes men and shrinking violets need apply. 

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Bloody great shout mate but sadly these sorts of characters don’t sit well with the cosy non threatening types that Ashton and the lansdowns want. Only yes men and shrinking violets need apply. 

it seems to me milo the whole club from top to bottom has gone soft,as fans the least we can ask for is a bit of bite and some good old fashion pride in that badge.

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Don’t we have double the points of the side in final relegation spot after 22 games? Slightly skewed by Sheff We’d I know but really we will only need about 45 points to stay up. Ie we ain’t going down. 

Hope you are right but I expect Hull city fans were thinking the same about this time last year.

14 minutes ago, pillred said:

Hope you are right but I expect Hull city fans were thinking the same about this time last year.

Oh it can happen but it’s extremely unlikely. 

Hull have been a very unstable club in terms of fans v the board for a long time. They basically sold all their players and didn’t replace. Wit our injuries right now it is like that but even this horrendous run has seen us pick up a point a game (almost). So we’d be safe by 12 games time even playing this poorly with injuries etc.

2 hours ago, big dosser said:

Someone like Aden Flint maybe? Oh, had him and sold him

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I didn’t realise just how bad they were in the second half of last season until now. They were above us on New Year’s Day then won 6 points in the next 20 matches ?

Not City related but wow!

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I didn’t realise just how bad they were in the second half of last season until now. They were above us on New Year’s Day then won 6 points in the next 20 matches ?

Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself, we couldn't be that unlucky could we??

29 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As others mentioned, board and fans at odds for some time.

Declining attendances as a result- and I mean sharply.

Sold Bowen and Grosicki January.

Then again, they don't sell Bowen and Grosicki January, they lose them on a free- problematic, with the owner-fan situation and subsequent decline in attendances!  Owners were insistent they were as self-funding as possible. Much tighter purse strings than here, when I say self-funding I mean just that- or as close to as possible!

Doesn't seem like it'd repeat itself here this season IMO.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As others mentioned, board and fans at odds for some time.

Declining attendances as a result- and I mean sharply.

Sold Bowen and Grosicki January.

Then again, they don't sell Bowen and Grosicki January, they lose them on a free- problematic, with the owner-fan situation and subsequent decline in attendances!  Owners were insistent they were as self-funding as possible. Much tighter purse strings than here, when I say self-funding I mean just that- or as close to as possible!

Doesn't seem like it'd repeat itself here this season IMO.

Won’t pay wages over £7k per week....that was what McCann was trying to deal with.  That’s why Henriksen wouldn’t sign a new deal either.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Won’t pay wages over £7k per week....that was what McCann was trying to deal with.  That’s why Henriksen wouldn’t sign a new deal either.

Wow, really- one hand behind back and no mistake!

Henriksen, forgot about him- didn't work out for him here, or us with him but a good player at this level, or was prior to joining us.

None of them signed contracts though, and no wonder with that wage policy!

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Did Hull have 33 points at this stage last year?

Although the number of games played may have been slightly different.

Either way that’s a mind blowing drop from being on the verge of the Play Offs on New Year’s Day to rock bottom by the end of the season.

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Although the number of games played may have been slightly different.

Either way that’s a mind blowing drop from being on the verge of the Play Offs on New Year’s Day to rock bottom by the end of the season.

On the 11th Jan after 27 games Hull were only 3 pts of the playoffs on as you say 39pts only 2 pts behind us, a sobering reminder of how it can all go wrong.

Archived