IGNORED

Happy but not happy

Red Billy

Actually think we are not too bad as a team considering the number of injuries and the disruption it causes. So before we all have a pop at the players can we start an inquisition into what the chuff we are doing in training sessions to kill off half our squad? Hoping the new training pitch is made of marshmallow and cotton wool.

Just now, Red Billy said:

Actually think we are not too bad as a team considering the number of injuries and the disruption it causes. So before we all have a pop at the players can we start an inquisition into what the chuff we are doing in training sessions to kill off half our squad? Hoping the new training pitch is made of marshmallow and cotton wool.

You what ?....

1 minute ago, grifty said:

I don't think many of the injuries have been done on the training pitch?

Walsh might have done it at Cov? Williams on his first day?

Pato, Baker, Mawson, Sess, Weimann, Dasilva, O'Dowda we all done during games.

Agreed but the training is supposed to work towards preventing injuries yet come Saturday afternoon half of them seem to be carrying knocks into the game.  I think this could be down to over working them in an effort to instil the new methods the coaches want. Coupled with lots of games in a short period of time.

1 minute ago, Red Billy said:

Agreed but the training is supposed to work towards preventing injuries yet come Saturday afternoon half of them seem to be carrying knocks into the game.  I think this could be down to over working them in an effort to instil the new methods the coaches want. Coupled with lots of games in a short period of time.

I think it's been a snowball effect. A couple of big injuries to key players like Weimann & Mawson puts pressure and added game time on those remaining where more knocks get picked up, which is fine if you play once every 7 days, but not when it's 3 games a week like it is at the moment.

We should have picked up at least a point tonight, no doubt about it if you judge the game with fairness,  but individual mistakes let us down. So not too critical of tonight and we did deserve the win on Saturday.

However we are bloody awful to watch and there is little sign it will improve significantly.

Archived