IGNORED

GROUNDHOG YEAR (every season)

Tomo

On the eve of turning half a century years old, we are such an average football club. 4 seasons in the top flight in the late 70's (forget early 1900's)...its like groundhog year every year.... ?

On this form, 12th to 14th is where we are at the moment. 

With the injuries we have, surely we should go with a traditional 4-4-2?

I can't see us reaching the top flight for a very long time... 

4-3-3 doesn't work... 

Saw my first match 70 years ago, and save for that brief sojourn in old First Division, we are what we are, a football backwater. 

At least, unlike younger fans, I did see John Atyeo in his prime - a huge privilege and a lasting memory.

Sadly can see no hope under present ownership set up.  Hugely disappointing.  

Sincerely hope that some mad City fan of five years old will at my age be able to say we finally made it to the big time in the second half of 21st century!  Here’s hoping

CTID

We now have a reputation as a club who start well but fall away. 

It has happened again.

Injuries or whatever excuses, reasons , there may be , City are spiraling downwards once again.

Once again we are counting on a January transfer window to jumpstart our season and with loans being recalled ( players not ready or good enough to be starters here) so I am not going to be putting money on a top six finish. 

Sadly this is Groundhog Day. 

15 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

And its only about 10 weeks till they start blackmailing us into buying season tickets for next season again.

Not just the football side of it, I think Covid has hit many people very hard and some may well take that decision NOT to part with £1K plus for their family's tickets whatever is said by the people in charge.........on affordability grounds as much as football issues. It won't be just Bristol City either, it will be across the board imo. Do you send back Sky/BT etc. (if you are lucky enough to afford them) which the whole family benefit from in order to buy your season ticket or do you do it the other way round. Those are the types of choices people who have been on 80% of pay for the best part of a year, if they have managed to keep their job, will be asked to make.........you can bet that season ticket pricing will not be creative enough to have any of that in mind.

2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

And its only about 10 weeks till they start blackmailing us into buying season tickets for next season again.

They can spin based on the shite that I've seen over the past 4 years....I'm seriously contemplating saving the money what with the pending tax rises by Rishi Sunak and his cronies.

I've never felt so despondent about our performances

Archived