IGNORED

Holden interview on RB

SouthStand Sandwich

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes, and fits the personality type wanted by those in charge. Won’t rock the boat as it’s his dream job right now etc.

Chris Hughton’s interview was a box ticker, no doubt about it.

Holden would have got the job regardless of COVID, and being the cheap option has nothing to do with it.

I firmly believe he got the job on the basis that anyone - and I mean anyone else would have meant changes to roles/responsibilities/agenda at boardroom level. Egos and vanity would never have allowed that to happen.

If Holden goes because his position becomes untenable, then Simpson gets the job, and on we go.

2 minutes ago, Yipikiaye said:

Fans have turned against him pretty quick not his fault mind he's been lobbed in the deep end by MA . Can't afford to replace him yet dh 12 month contract and we still paying lees wages so I believe .

( For the 878th time on this forum in recent weeks )

he is on a ROLLING 12 month contract so , if dismissed , at any point is entities to 12 months pay off / compensation 

And you think MA appointed him ............:laugh:

“We’ve created chances throughout the game.”

That’s a statement of fact, not an opinion, and I can’t see how anyone watching that game could conclude that it was remotely accurate. 
Managers don’t volunteer post match interviews, they’re a contactual requirement, and I guess there’s no obligation to speak accurately, but this just makes Holden look stupid, and he really isn’t.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Holden would have got the job regardless of COVID, and being the cheap option has nothing to do with it.

I firmly believe he got the job on the basis that anyone - and I mean anyone else would have meant changes to roles/responsibilities/agenda at boardroom level. Egos and vanity would never have allowed that to happen.

If Holden goes because his position becomes untenable, then Simpson gets the job, and on we go.

That’s my issue. We get rid of Holden and it will all be pointless. We have fans who really think we’ll appoint Eddie Howe. Get real!!

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

he is on a ROLLING 12 month contract so , if dismissed , at any point is entities to 12 months pay off / compensation 

So that would be 3 managers we will be paying this season then including lee johnson with no fans in the ground could be for the rest of the season . Going to be a hard season for everyone

32 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Two shots on target with 4 strikers on the pitch for a third of it.

Ludicrous. Same as Birmingham, Rotherham, Millwall and will carry on like this. Woeful.

And the goal we scored was an OG.

4 minutes ago, Yipikiaye said:

Fans have turned against him pretty quick not his fault mind he's been lobbed in the deep end by MA . Can't afford to replace him yet dh 12 month contract and we still paying lees wages so I believe .

⬇️

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

12 months from whenever the contract is terminated, regardless of when/if it happens.

Personally think he will be here for the season regardless, unless we go on a Johnson-esque run of losses, and that will only be because it will be deja vu.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

And the goal we scored was an OG.

⬇️

12 months from whenever the contract is terminated, regardless of when/if it happens.

Personally think he will be here for the season regardless, unless we go on a Johnson-esque run of losses, and that will only be because it will be deja vu.

I really do think he will be here for the whole season too . As money is tight at the moment I think this had alot to do with players being released at the start of season 

38 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I did actually think there were promising stages of the game where we did pass it well. At those moments Bakinson, Nagy and Semenyo looked class. And then the ball goes to someone else and they mess it up! So many times we nearly create something.

Massively disappointed with how we played at 1-1 and then 2-1 where we then looked like we were hanging on for a 2-1 loss!

Seemed like there was no real plan by that point and we looked lost.

Exactly. From 1-1 we were absolutely dreadful. Embarrassingly bad.

OK here goes!

Their first goal was because the player was loitering at the far post un marked....No sure who everyone wants to blame for that, but someone certainly is to blame.

We get back in the match through a super pass splitting the backs getting the overlapper into a great position.

We blew the match because Bakinson gifted the ball in front of our penalty area and Bentley was slow to get down....I will over look that second bit as Bentley has saved us time and again.

We are poor at creating chances for the forwards and unless Martin does something a bit canny we are stuffed.

After the match the talk on Radio Brizz was how we are weak....Newsflash....That's been the problem for weeks. I like GT but I think he gave Dean Holden a soft ride today, it must have been the festive spirit, however Holden effectively said, when the obvious statement was made about central weakness was, we had Williams, Mawson, Weimann etc. I know we are not strong but we play with what we have! BINGO. Players playing every 3 days is an issue! My thought is we should be giving Bell more time and Edwards along with Towler, but nope we would rather play the same players who fail consistently and add an even younger Massengo when we are bare bones!

That is an issue. Ok I get it.... Making the point about how bare bones we are by not naming another sub not to play. (is Opi Edwards injured?), But for me, yes I give Holden the benefit of the doubt as we have an injury crisis of massive proportions. But I give him poor marks for managing the last six weeks....The issue is he has two extremely experienced assistants who can carry some of that load too. 

I worry that DH is getting into his own head like LJ did frequently....I also worry that the effect of the two highly paid highly experienced assistants is not having the desired effect and no one can except that occasionally you just have to throw one of the lads in! 

Just now, Slack Bladder said:

I was disappointed in GT's questions tonight

He had been reading out peoples txts so knew we are unhappy with the style of play and the lack of entertainment and didn't push him on it.

EXACTLY! I was fuming listening to it!.....As above!

Just now, Slack Bladder said:

I was disappointed in GT's questions tonight

He had been reading out peoples txts so knew we are unhappy with the style of play and the lack of entertainment and didn't push him on it.

He did - he put to DH that the feeling was we get bullied in middle of,pitch

DH was clearly ‘tetchy’ and snapped back , and I think that at that point GT probably realised it wasn’t the moment 

He asks more difficult questions than anyone and thought he made a good professional decision tonight 

11 minutes ago, NorfolkInChance said:

He's out of his depth.  I cannot believe that Landsdown Junior and Bob Monkhouses' love child gave him the job - then again after being a supporter since 1974 when I was a kid nothing surprises me about this basket case of a club ffs....

Bit harsh on Monkhouse! 

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

DH was clearly ‘tetchy’ and snapped back , and I think that at that point GT probably realised it wasn’t the moment 

He asks more difficult questions than anyone and thought he made a good professional decision tonight 

I disagree. We listened to the same interview and of course that happens, but the show became a talking shop on 2020 and a thanks for all you've done fest before Holden got on. 

Holden did snap back because there are loads of people stating the obvious about weakness. He laid it out he bought players in to fix that, that are no longer available.....Good answer...But the follow up is I agree circumstances have changed how do we fix the current weakness as losing every week is not a sustainable option?

None of the guys coming back from loan will assist in making us competitive where it counts and the one that might help from Aberdeen is out for another two months!

Why did anyone think Holden would be different to LJ?

Assistant who stabbed LJ and JMac in the back after agreeing with everything that LJ said for 4 years.

The ultimate toadie.

Now he's Lansdowns yes-man, so he trots out the BS that SL loved to hear for the last 4 years.

When he's 'relieved of duties' - watch toadie 2 and 3 fight like rats in a sack to be the next Lansdown 'yes-man'

My moneys on Simpson.

None of this is Holdens fault.

He's taken good money for his family, knowing he was just a mouthpiece for the owner.

He will be sacked just before the next Season Ticket sale.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

It's amazing how many people struggle with this 

• Admin

This was my thoughts to, DH paused and then defended Bakinson as if the comment was solely about him. 

GT missed the chance to delve in at that point and unlike GT in the past changed the subject quickly. If they were face to face body language could have been a reason to change the tact of questions, but odd when it was over the phone

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

Let's face it when he lumps on strikers there is no game plan - there's nothing behind it other than hope. 

Fantasy Football League tactics.

Three blokes who've been known to score goals (and, ok, one who isn't) - but no way of supplying the ball to them.

You're not correct on this. His contract does end after the 12 months. The fact it is “rolling” simply means that it is automatically extended or “rolled on” for another 12 months unless either party decide not to renew. There is no obligation on either side to pay compensation if either party doesn’t want to renew. 

So yes we can essentially “dismiss” him at the end of the season and pay no compensation by simply not renewing. 

It sounds as if it’s a common misconception that it’s an indefinite rolling contract - but it’s not. 

Source: https://www.mikethornton.xyz/rolling-employment-contracts/

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

But....

....it’ll be MA’s cock on the block if it goes tits up....not JL’s or SL’s.

Together with recruitment of players who’ve now turned out injured, I’d say MA is under a bit of pressure.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

But....

Together with recruitment of players who’ve now turned out injured, I’d say MA is under a bit of pressure.

Let’s hope his agent friend has some more players he can give him cheap in January then! 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

But....

So true. Holden and Ashton will pay the price if season ticket uptake bombs. The ownership will never change. The ownership is the common denominator.

Archived