IGNORED

Holden interview on RB

SouthStand Sandwich

I don’t know Dean Holden so i may be wrong on this but he comes across as even more stubborn then LJ. The bloke won’t walk and certainly not from undoubtedly the best paid contract he has ever had in his life. Even just 12 months of this would probably set him and his family up so i think we need to get used to the continued BS that he will spout in his post match interviews - the guy is DESPERATE to keep this gig even more so than LJ.

For me the inquest into WHY he was appointed needs to start, those idiots need to be held accountable. For all our shiny new facilities and supposed strides forward we have made Bristol City Football Club is as toxic at the core as it has ever been IMO. A whole football club being run by two or three idiotic mens egos.

9 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

What is worrying me is that some of the Johnson post bad match interview cliches are creeping in.  "We go again" was used at least twice, making excuses and then claiming there are "no excuses", and as said above stating that we were the better team, when we clearly were not!

Difference is we were never this bad under LJ so not sure you should be comparing, LJ would have turned it around by now 

It feels horribly like the Millen era to me. Lots of parallels. I appreciate he's had plenty of injuries, but that's just part of football. He was also allowed to go out and spend a reasonable amount during a pandemic. 

Sure, he seems a great guy and I'd love for him to succeed - I just don't have much faith that we will. We've actively recruited for a 5-3-2 system and left ourselves with little flexibility because of our personnel. 

How long has this guy actually got left until it’s too late and we are destined for League 1?  If we get hammered by Brentford do you actually think he would go ? 

When will Ashton realise his plan has not worked, I guess he will just appoint one of the qualified assistants next anyway and take us down to L1

3 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Every time I hear him speak I wonder how he could possibly interview well if I am honest. 

Probably because he said all the right things that they wanted to hear. I don't think this board want challenge particularly - notice how neither SO'D or SC lasted very long when things started going badly. Both highly experienced and competitive characters. Neither of them a shrinking violet. 

I imagine Lee Johnson was much easier to work with and that, combined with Lansdown's determination to see his mentee succeed, is why he had such a long career here. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably because he said all the right things that they wanted to hear. I don't think this board want challenge particularly - notice how neither SO'D or SC lasted very long when things started going badly. Both highly experienced and competitive characters. Neither of them a shrinking violet. 

I imagine Lee Johnson was much easier to work with and that, combined with Lansdown's determination to see his mentee succeed, is why he had such a long career here. 

Think your spot on sadly!

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t envisage a change this season. 
Holden is a ‘covid appointment’. 
Once fans are back and revenue returns, a change will be made. 

That's what I think. Things were uncertain at the time, still are. Regardless what the board have said, the aim this season was probably to tread water. A good time to do it with a few teams really struggling for various reasons. 

I have a feeling that we might move for someone like Eddie Howe eventually. Seems the right sort of type. 

7 hours ago, phantom said:

This was my thoughts to, DH paused and then defended Bakinson as if the comment was solely about him. 

GT missed the chance to delve in at that point and unlike GT in the past changed the subject quickly. If they were face to face body language could have been a reason to change the tact of questions, but odd when it was over the phone

You could sense the hostility/tension even over the phone.

The annoying thing for me is the squad of players even with all of the injuries is good enough.

When you think of Bentley, Kallas, Hunt, Baker, Massengo, Wells, O'Dowda, Martin. These are all either experienced or have played at a higher standard or had International recognition. I expect Bentley to be the next big money departure. 

These are highly technical intelligent players being coached by and the tactics used by a League 1 (at best) head coach.

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

The annoying thing for me is the squad of players even with all of the injuries is good enough.

When you think of Bentley, Kallas, Hunt, Baker, Massengo, Wells, O'Dowda, Martin. These are all either experienced or have played at a higher standard or had International recognition. I expect Bentley to be the next big money departure. 

These are highly technical intelligent players being coached by and the tactics used by a League 1 (at best) head coach.

Our starting 11 last night is still over 30 million from my calculations. 

I think our wage budget is around 10th highest in the league as well. 

37 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

How long has this guy actually got left until it’s too late and we are destined for League 1?  If we get hammered by Brentford do you actually think he would go ? 

When will Ashton realise his plan has not worked, I guess he will just appoint one of the qualified assistants next anyway and take us down to L1

Ashton's plan? Why don't you tell the truth - it's Steve Lansdown who sanctioned the Dean Holden appointment. He IS the club, the ONLY decision maker, Mark Ashton is the Messenger, the Bouncer, the Enforcer, call him what you like but he doesn't come up with the strategy - why are people so reluctant to put the responsibility where it actually and so clearly lies if you would just care to admit it. Is it because he pumps so much money into a club/"estate" that he now owns lock, stock and two smoking barrels?

Tactically inept and totally out of his depth.

I fear when Palmer comes back. Like Massengo, he won't have a clue how to get the best out of him.

Look at how many shots we had. Absolutely dreadful.

We're heading for a big football lesson by Brentford. 

We will go out of the F A Cup with a whimper against so called lower league opposition with DH stating we need to concentrate on the league.

Next up will be another football lesson from our nemesis Preston.

He is way out of his depth.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Ashton's plan? Why don't you tell the truth - it's Steve Lansdown who sanctioned the Dean Holden appointment. He IS the club, the ONLY decision maker, Mark Ashton is the Messenger, the Bouncer, the Enforcer, call him what you like but he doesn't come up with the strategy - why are people so reluctant to put the responsibility where it actually and so clearly lies if you would just care to admit it. Is it because he pumps so much money into a club/"estate" that he now owns lock, stock and two smoking barrels?

Actually I believe Lansdown left the appointment decision to Ashton so although he sanctioned Holden it wasn’t his decision, the board “mainly Ashton” pushed for Holden 

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t envisage a change this season. 
Holden is a ‘covid appointment’. 
Once fans are back and revenue returns, a change will be made. 

We may get ourselves in such a mess that without a change being made some fans will simply make the decision not to return. Season ticket holders are not immune to the effects of Covid...........3K kept their hands in their pockets and waited this season.

2 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Actually I believe Lansdown left the appointment decision to Ashton so although he sanctioned Holden it wasn’t his decision, the board “mainly Ashton” pushed for Holden 

Not a chance imo..........BUT, lets assume you are are correct, the guy right at the top who sanctions such recommendations is the guy who should face the music for it.

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Completely agree.

Whilst Ashton would no doubt have been behind the proposal it would all come back to SL as ultimate decision maker.

I’ve said here a few times now there is no way Holden is going anywhere. SL will not admit he’s made yet another appointment mistake any time soon; it will be at the end of the season at the earliest and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets another season as well.

I don’t agree with it of course and never approved the appointment in the first place, it’s just how I think things will play out based on the behaviour and approach we’ve seen before. 

Archived