IGNORED

Holden interview on RB

SouthStand Sandwich

19 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

To some degree but if your navigator can’t read a map, do you stick with them, hope they figure it out or get lucky?

I’m not an advocate for switching managers/coaches mid-season but I can’t really fathom what DH, KD & PS will do. We have felt so League One all season.

Forest & Weds are slowly picking up points after terrible starts, so too are Derby. Add Barnsley also doing well after changing coach. Therefore all managerial changes in our league have yielded a positive outcome so far.

Yes, Weds have picked up so much that they got rid of Pulis!!!

:dunno:

LJ was sacked when top 6 wasn’t mathematically possible, despite our poor form we are 3 points off the play offs so not likely to be sacked on that front. For the doom mongers were 17 points ahead of relegation over double their points tally at present, I don’t believe we’d do a Hull as that was a result of their selling players in January.  

43 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The teams you mentioned at the end are all still near the foot of the table and in a much worse situation than we are. Even if you think Holden is not a very good coach the other two have been there, done it. Our season has been decimated by injuries and the games we've lost recently (eg Luton, Rotherham) are ones we've historically always struggled with even when on a good run so let's just judge at the end of the season.

I’d happily bet they’ll be above us by the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's what I think. Things were uncertain at the time, still are. Regardless what the board have said, the aim this season was probably to tread water. A good time to do it with a few teams really struggling for various reasons. 

I have a feeling that we might move for someone like Eddie Howe eventually. Seems the right sort of type. 

You've got no chance...

Lansdown employing someone who's actually qualified to push us forwards???..

History says an emphatic 'non'.

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

On the basis we only need 5 more wins and a few draws to be safe i doubt alarm bells are ringing at AG yet. 

They should be.

Say we finish 20th, it’s not exactly the progress set out at the start of the season & will make us an even less desirable team to sign for.

Also the losing mentality is hard to shift, last time in the Championship it ended in a similar fashion.

Can see us messing around it crappy appointments until we relegated back to L1.

I’m clinging onto the fact that Holden is a Covid appointment and that when all this is over we’ll have a right pop at promotion and appoint someone aswell as spending some money.

Injuries haven’t helped him but the standard of football is absolute crap and has been all season. You have to hold Ashton accountable for the appointment. His ‘vigorous’ interview process is coming back to bite him now

2 hours ago, One Team said:

Part of me actually feels sorry for him; and that really isn’t a good thing at all. 

I think that too from time to time, and then I wonder what on earth made him take it in the first place ? 

Once he's sacked from this job he's going nowhere in the game. Another manager who's achieved nothing and would have been better off recognising his own limitations. Therefore loses my sympathy vote.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I think that if we start really falling into relegation trouble then a change would be made. 
We might have enough in the bag already. Not guaranteed, but we might.  

I think that if Holden is given the push at some stage Simpson will take over and be given a chance to prove he can do it, he's been Head Coach before and it would fit with the Club's continuity policy rather than bringing in outsiders who are seen as greater risk

When he can actually select some players who haven’t been playing game after game (many of whom have knocks) and who aren’t kids then I’ll judge. We won’t go down this season and it’s not as if we want to go up surely. I want to see a promotion winning season in the flesh - not on the soulless robins tv with no fans at any games etc.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A good time to do it with a few teams really struggling for various reasons.

Treading water whilst a few other teams are struggling?......surely it would have made more sense to really push and take advantage....or am I missing your point?

4 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Treading water whilst a few other teams are struggling?......surely it would have made more sense to really push and take advantage....or am I missing your point?

What I mean is a good time to let a season pass us by. We should survive fairly comfortably, but no big risky outlay for a genuine top 6 push. Allow some younger players game time and make a go of it when things are more normal and there's the big revenue from crowds coming in. 

Wouldn't necessarily be how I'd play it, but I'm not the one bankrolling the club so easy for me to say. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What I mean is a good time to let a season pass us by. We should survive fairly comfortably, but no big risky outlay for a genuine top 6 push. Allow some younger players game time and make a go of it when things are more normal and there's the big revenue from crowds coming in. 

Wouldn't necessarily be how I'd play it, but I'm not the one bankrolling the club so easy for me to say. 

Fair point. I see what you mean now. 

3 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

How long has this guy actually got left until it’s too late and we are destined for League 1?  If we get hammered by Brentford do you actually think he would go ? 

When will Ashton realise his plan has not worked, I guess he will just appoint one of the qualified assistants next anyway and take us down to L1

I’d also think a defeat to Pompey in the FA Cup may well see a board meeting 

7 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I’m Holden in until he has a decent squad to choose from, our bench is basically the U23 with Fam, Mariappa and Moore. Getting rid of Holden isn’t going to change anything at the moment, 10th place with the luck we’ve had with injuries isn’t the worst in the world

That’s a fair comment. In the meantime though I’m getting fed right up with the standard of football on offer. It’s not just Holden it’s been pretty poor for a while now.  
I sense a big defeat on the horizon if we carry on playing like we are at the moment. 

Archived