IGNORED

JUST £10!

the frampton balti

I think this may be one of the metrics the club look at as and when they review Holdens position.

If things were “normal” the club would view a drop off in fans through the door of AG as being concerning, particularly when the team are three points off the playoffs.

Now, I understand that there may be many reasons BCTV purchases have dropped off - from novelty factor to losing streak - but in the absence of, let’s be frank, sod all else to do, the club will be looking at a drop off in legal streams and asking the question if those fans will come back.

I’d be really interested to see the numbers here.

The thing is with Saturday is we all know if we try and have a go against Brentford we will get completely annihilated. That’s a sobering thought and not a great legacy being created by the Owner. You know the way we will set up and if we do get a result it will be a stolen one.

If someone doesn’t want to pay a tenner to (hopefully) watch us hold on for dear life with a third of the ball in our possession at best you can hardly question their loyalty tbh.

6 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Amazing how many ‘loyal fans’ are now boasting about how little they support their club.

£10 a game seems a reasonable price to pay to watch very decent coverage of the club I’ve supported since I was a small boy, and the club I’ll continue to support, come what may, as long as I can.  I’ve seen far worse than what I’m watching this season, but I still went to every game.

I think many of us commit to season tickets. If you pay upfront then you are more likely to attend, even when the football on offer is poor. Asking people to pay game by game gives people a choice.

I don’t think loyalty comes into it. After all how loyal is the club to its fans, it works both ways. I’m finding although I do still watch on tv I am happy I don’t attend at the moment, I’ve become an armchair fan ( even though it’s difficult at the moment). I am glad I don’t have to rush to attend evening games and all the hassles that involves, yes I’ve become lazy and cosy. And I was one that loved my football and would go all over the country.

I think of it like this, if my favourite band release an album and I don’t like it then I won’t buy it or listen to it.  I’m still a fan but I don’t like what they are doing at the moment, if something changes then I will probably engage again.

I guess you are going to call me fickle, but I’m not, I’m taking control. My time and money have to be spent wisely and the club will have to woo me back. I appreciate there is no guarantee when you attend a match, that’s the beauty of the game. And believe me I have sat/stood through some abysmal matches, it’s not the losing that I can’t take but the lack of spark, direction and the general feeling.

I will admit I have no problem with Holden as a person but thought from day one that he and his assistants were the wrong appointments for this club at this time. 

5 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Haha idiot. Take londons average wage out the equation the average pay is less than £10 an hour before tax!  I pay all my median staff £9.75p.h

Ave pay for a full time employee is £31k or £32k which is very close to £20 per hour taking into account 35 hours x 48 weeks.  Thanks for the info, maybe you should pay your staff more as that is very close to the minimum wage

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ave pay for a full time employee is £31k or £32k which is very close to £20 per hour taking into account 35 hours x 48 weeks.  Thanks for the info, maybe you should pay your staff more as that is very close to the minimum wage

Wow. All i can say really. 

6 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Well I've paid £10 per game so far, had enough, not paying it Saturday V Brentford, it will be embarrassing, 

In typical Bristol City fashion, cue a 0-3 rampant away win after several of us don’t tune in fearing the exact opposite.

Having said that.......

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Firstly, any annual salaries quoted will include holiday entitlement so your multiplier is 52 weeks and not 48.

Secondly 35 hours is not an average full time equivalent - most companies work on circa 37 as a minimum, many are still 8 hours per day I.e. 40 per week.

31.5k / 52 /37 = £16.37 ph gross

16 minutes ago, Meh said:

Firstly, any annual salaries quoted will include holiday entitlement so your multiplier is 52 weeks and not 48.

Secondly 35 hours is not an average full time equivalent - most companies work on circa 37 as a minimum, many are still 8 hours per day I.e. 40 per week.

31.5k / 52 /37 = £16.37 ph gross

Thanks, so its 37 mins work instead of 30 mins to earn a tenner 

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Thanks, so its 37 mins work instead of 30 mins to earn a tenner 

Not really. You have to allow for statutory deductions as city charge £10 from your net pay so allowing for tax free income and NI thresholds it would be circa 20% so I would say around 44 minutes

Archived