IGNORED

Rene Gilmartin

Superjack

Our version of Chemical Ali.

Can he get his nose any further up Kalas's a***?

I don't really care how well or badly Kalas is playing, I'd quite like to see the ball up the other end, thanks Rene.

Absolutely sick of paying a tenner to listen to this gobsh1te tell me that sh1te is jelly. ?

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I don't really care how well or badly Kalas is playing, I'd quite like to see the ball up the other end, thanks Rene.

Absolutely sick of paying a tenner to listen to this gobsh1te tell me that sh1te is jelly. ?

I’d like to know how much we are paying him to be assistant coach of the U23’s and a Robins TV commentator. 

He's good when he's asked intelligent questions about the tactical set up of the opposition and how we might play against it.

But tonight his incessant positivity about the play was grating. When all he's being asked by Osborne is stuff like "We know all about Nakhi's talents don't we" then all he can is give glib and bullshit responses. Weimann was monotone but at least gave a tempered view to the club employees.

3 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Ha! I thought this. Kalas is held as some sort of demi-god but not one mention of his not being able to kick the ball properly in the build up to the second goal.

Just now, Pezo said:

I feel for him, he has a job that requires him to be positive about the game when it's clearly impossible to be positive.

There's nothing constructive that can be said about tonight's game. 

Weimann was honest, even critical at times. It was far more engaging to listen to even if the delivery was drier than a ryvita in the sahara desert. They are allowed to be critical, but sometimes aren't.

Notable that when we were doing alright at the start of the season there was a lot of praise for him. Probably a thankless job really as has to toe the party line. 

Just now, BigAl&Toby said:

How much he gets paid? Too much. Like the lot of them.

Too many hangers on who contribute the square root of **** all to consistent improvement on the green stuff.

But hey. It’s all part of the entertainment experience in BS3 these days.

Basketball anyone?

I doubt we really know what he contributes as he is a GK coach being asked to step in and do commentary. I doubt it's part of his job description. Bentley has been in good form this year so not out the question he has played some part there, but we simply don't know. 

Tbf I’d love to watch the game he’s watching. 

It would be nice if the media team at City treated the fans with some small amount of respect that we can all actually see the garbage that’s being served up. We don’t need someone trying to tell us that the Luton pitch isn’t helping the football ‘Dean Holden wants to play‘. What ******* football?!

9 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

I’d like to know how much we are paying him to be assistant coach of the U23’s and a Robins TV commentator. 

Presumably whatever we were paying him last season given he signed a 2 year contract just his role has shifted to assistant coach and then gets asked to do Robins TV commentary in addition to it. Could be paying him the same amount and he could be sat around doing nothing collecting a pay cheque.

4 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Notable that when we were doing alright at the start of the season there was a lot of praise for him. Probably a thankless job really as has to toe the party line. 

Honestly for me he was absolutely a breath of fresh air at the start of the season. I am a long time RobinsTV watcher (living abroad for 2 years now) and he was massive improvement on what we used to get before Covid, and what the club hastily threw together at the end of last season. Rene brought some genuine knowledge and we started to get some discussion of the actual game, the tactics, and the systems on display.

Now though it's devolved again into simple chat about how much the fans love player X and what a great professional player Y is, and the shite on the pitch is ignored. Decent results undoubtedly would make his job easier. Given his coaching role he is, in a small way, part of the team that produces the football we see, I understand that to then criticise that publicly is not easy. However, I thought tonight the production was poor. 

At least when Tinnion is on the microphone picks up his sighs and harrumphs when Wells kicks the ball out of play for the 19th time.

20 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Spectacular moment near the end when he commented that the pitch wasn’t conducive to the kind of football Holden wants to play.  ?????????????????? As if anyone has any clue what kind of football he wants to play.  Whatever it is, it certainly isn’t fast front-foot football.

I just want us to play with some energy and commitment. Anything beyond that would be an unexpected bonus. 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I do like Rene for his tactical stuff he goes into but I prefer Tinnion's moaning, like when calling Wells 'useless' for a bad pass, or end of last season Vyner bad pass he moaned 'what is that!?'

Against Wycombe I am certain I heard a quiet "****ing useless" at one point. Tinman always did have an affinity with the fans ?

9 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Another one to shift off the books

Well he won't be entirely, more than likely offered a new deal in line with what we usually pay assistant coaches for the u23's, I imagine he'll all but retire but be registered in case of emergency (same reason why Cech plays a few games for Chelsea u23's)

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yes probably Wells pass off for a throw in. I heard the useless bit but not the effing bit! ?

He only seems to say it quietly, like he's trying not to. I do like how he sounds so miserable when we make a bad pass or make a mistake or losing the game etc.

He's just a dad on the touchline...but one who knows his wife can hear him.

Also, as a club legend he probably does have a little more scope to criticise without getting a bollocking. Gilmartin probably has to be a little more careful.

It’s an impossible job for any of them. They will never ever be critical of the club. It’s a propaganda outlet. They’re paid by the club after all. 

It’s why the radio Bristol alternative is so important, as is Gregor’s work with the Post. We need, and must protect impartiality. 

10 hours ago, eric04 said:

It’s an impossible job for any of them. They will never ever be critical of the club. It’s a propaganda outlet. They’re paid by the club after all. 

It’s why the radio Bristol alternative is so important, as is Gregor’s work with the Post. We need, and must protect impartiality. 

Exactly it’s a pretty difficult job. Are people really expecting him to slate our players and then turn up for training with them the next day?

My one advice to RobinsTV would be we’d rather hear nothing than ‘positive vibes’ at inappropriate times. Grumpy men - know your audience.

11 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Presumably whatever we were paying him last season given he signed a 2 year contract just his role has shifted to assistant coach and then gets asked to do Robins TV commentary in addition to it. Could be paying him the same amount and he could be sat around doing nothing collecting a pay cheque.

Exactly this.

I think he is one of the most baffling signings we have made in years, (a 30 something League Two reserve goalie) but someone who I thought was decent as a summariser early on.

It will be very interesting to see what happens to him next summer, as no way will he get paid the same money as the U23 assistant as he has just got for 2 years on a playing contract.

12 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Ha! I thought this. Kalas is held as some sort of demi-god but not one mention of his not being able to kick the ball properly in the build up to the second goal.

He also managed to big up his other ‘love’ COD on several occasions.

He was accurate in most of his assessments though; re Massengo being played out of position for example.

I finished the last twenty minutes of the game on ‘ mute’ because the commentator, Toby or not Toby something ,is a complete numpty. 

We could be six nil down with two minutes to play and the bloke would be saying ‘ so, two minutes for City to get something out of this match ‘.

Another little annoying thing he says is ‘ corner ball ‘. It’s a corner, just a frigging corner.

:tv_horror:

Archived