IGNORED

Genuine Questions

Bassomylord

Is there a manager in the football league with LESS managerial experience than Dean Holden. My understanding he had 15 games at Oldham and got sacked?

Secondly, is there any other club in the Championship or League 1 who would've employed him as a manager???? NO CHANCE.

How is this guy managing a proven established championship side (seeking promotion) with so little experience or track record?

I've said it before he's Millen in disguise.

Interestingly I have just looked up Millen who is managing in the second tier in Sweden - god knows how we thought he had enough experience when 10 years ago he was our manager and has now got to the lofty heights of the Swedish second tier where he almost got his team relegated. 

Just now, Pezo said:

I've said it before he's Millen in disguise.

Interestingly I have just looked up Millen who is managing in the second tier in Sweden - god knows how we thought he had enough experience when 10 years ago he was our manager and has now got to the lofty heights of the Swedish second tier where he almost got his team relegated. 

We employed Holden who got sacked from Oldham in what way is he qualified

1 minute ago, Bassomylord said:

We employed Holden who got sacked from Oldham in what way is he qualified

This has been done thousands of time he's a good human and apparently that qualifies him. In retrospect we should have approached Mother Teresa before she passed away but once again Ashton and Lansdown missed the opportunity to appoint the best. 

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

This has been done thousands of time he's a good human and apparently that qualifies him. In retrospect we should have approached Mother Teresa before she passed away but once again Ashton and Lansdown missed the opportunity to appoint the best. 

Do we know we could have offered someone else what they might have wanted at this time?

I have my doubts!

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do we know we could have offered someone else what they might have wanted at this time?

I have my doubts!

Well that's a funny question, the only people that could know that are SL, JL and MA.

I doubt the other way - that there isn't another manager in the whole football league better qualified than Holden that we could have offered what they wanted? Not that he would be my first choice but I can't imagine someone like Paul Cook turning us down for example. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

Are you seriously suggesting that no one else was interested in the job? I'm assuming I've misinterpreted it.

I believe you have, re-read the bold bit below

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is the thing, maybe we couldn't offer what others wanted

It’s funny because Mr Ashton spun it in a way that not only Holden (who held “the DNA”) he was being supported and mentored by a World Cup and Euro champs winners!!! When in reality the “DNA” meant we would continue in a yes sir mentality as with LJ and considering he was his assistant for so long, why would he play any differently? Plus the other 2 world class coaches who were basically playing fantasy football manager at the FA, with the country’s best £20m+ talent from around the premiership and were actually failed lower league managers at best.

Its simple, out of his depth with no experience or support at championship level and to be fair it’s not a good place to learn your craft, if I’m honest I think Stoke have done the best job in recruiting a manager and god knows there was an almighty mess, even more so they are playing good football and getting results...

8 hours ago, Pezo said:

Well that's a funny question, the only people that could know that are SL, JL and MA.

I doubt the other way - that there isn't another manager in the whole football league better qualified than Holden that we could have offered what they wanted? Not that he would be my first choice but I can't imagine someone like Paul Cook turning us down for example. 

Cook I'll grant you. Howe, Hughton, Jokanovic or similar at this time, financial and transfer demands might have proven an issue.

However Cook had contractual complexities at Wigan, who knows if there are still restrictive clauses as part of his release from contract.

2 hours ago, La Plage said:

It’s funny because Mr Ashton spun it in a way that not only Holden (who held “the DNA”) he was being supported and mentored by a World Cup and Euro champs winners!!! When in reality the “DNA” meant we would continue in a yes sir mentality as with LJ and considering he was his assistant for so long, why would he play any differently? Plus the other 2 world class coaches who were basically playing fantasy football manager at the FA, with the country’s best £20m+ talent from around the premiership and were actually failed lower league managers at best.

Its simple, out of his depth with no experience or support at championship level and to be fair it’s not a good place to learn your craft, if I’m honest I think Stoke have done the best job in recruiting a manager and god knows there was an almighty mess, even more so they are playing good football and getting results...

Stoke are not playing especially good football, in the main. Quite a reactive side.

Having said that, not especially bad football either, just don't strike me as a notably footballing side.

Is it fair to judge Holden fully until we have a better range of players fit again? Seemed to go quite nicely from September to arguably Huddersfield away, taken as a whole.

3 minutes ago, Lenners said:

He learnt from Bielsa though, and it shows in their football at times. 

Holden learnt from the previous failure we had at this club.

Not really the question though as it was based around lack of games as a #1 

Archived