IGNORED

You never win anything with ‘our’ kids

ohhhshauntaylor

43 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

Dunno if you’ve noticed but football’s no longer about players running around like headless chickens....

I prefer my birds to have heads myself.

Take a look at Bielsa’s Leeds for the way to play modern football. Fast, powerful, effective. Headless chickens they are not. 

Need to try and wean yourself off the FA Coaching Manual 1990-2021 Volume. 

10 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Take a look at Bielsa’s Leeds for the way to play modern football. Fast, powerful, effective. Headless chickens they are not. 

Take it you’re still on the 1950-1989 volume? ;) 

Guarantee if we had Bielsa fans would still moan...

17 minutes ago, RedRock said:

23 hours ago, RedRock said:

...and this is why we’re all nice, soft and cuddly.

Rather than rip into players, we say ‘jolly good effort, unlucky’. 

It develops a mentality like Bakinson’s, lazy and sloppy.

Watch the Leeds game. Player misplaced a pass, he ran like his life depended on it to win it back. Everybody was sprinting, not trotting or walking about, just to find space. Most attacks, within seconds of the ball being in the oppositions final third, 7-8 Leeds players sprinting into that final third of the pitch.

You don’t need to spend £100 millions to create a Leeds-like ethos......just get players with the right DNA and create a TEAM.

Fundamentally though you need a manager that players RESPECT and FEAR. Old school maybe, but this ‘everyone’s a winner’ type mentality of the new school creates limp-wristed losers who think they can just turn up and demand undeserved rewards.

Leeds show how to play the game of the 2020’s. It’s not some half-baked Barcelona of the 90’s effort that our FA coaches and LJ read from FA manuals. Pathetic.

My god you’re a god-damn coaching GENIUS ?

21 hours ago, westonred said:

With all the injuries we are blooding too many youngsters already that is the reason we are struggling. Vyner T.moore Bakinson Semenyo HN Massengo ought to be out on loan and gain experience as they are not Championship quality yet

I suspect players never will get good enough if they are loaned out all the time.

I agree with you that, due to injuries, we lack experience on the pitch and that is a major issue but all the players you list need to go through the grind and struggle at Championship level to learn to play at this standard. It is unfortunate they are all doing at the same time but they are never going to learn about the Championship by being loaned outside the division. 

20 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

Take it you’re still on the 1950-1989 volume? ;) 

Guarantee if we had Bielsa fans would still moan...

No, I’ve progressed to the ‘Rest of the World’ 2010 -2021 Edition with a Forward written by some bloke called Klopp?

Archived