IGNORED

High point and low point of 2020

Shtanley

Dave and Josh join me to see out 2020 in reasonable style.

We naturally chat about the defeat to Luton. Why did Bakinson play so poorly?

How much are injuries affecting us?

What were our highpoint and low point of 2020?

How do we wrap up warm in cold conditions?

Highlight for me was QPR away back in February. That and Barnsley at home were the only wins I saw in a stadium in 2020.

In terms of low points, we did our best to find one just after the resart but nothing tops new year's day at home to Brentford.

In hindsight, no club did a better job of setting up the mood of an entire year on its very first day...

High point - using the pandemic to sort the wheat from the chaff when it comes to friends and family (nuff said). 

Low point. Suffering the actions of an authoritarian government hell-bent on ticking every box of the fascist checklist. 

Oh, football, sorry.... ?

High Point - week is Spain in Feb and passing La Roselada where I used to have a ST to watch Malaga

Low Point - Appointment of DH and realising we are fed bulls**t by the owner who seems keener on the real estate called AG than getting us to the Prem. Gleaned after supporting BCFC for over 60 years !!

High point 

being fit and healthy and able to go to Ashton gate before lockdown 

low point 

not being able to watch live football down at the gate ...

ok the football is not great at present but come on, we have been through runs like this before and yet we still come back for more 

anyone who posts on here will have seen more live football then any of there plastic supporting Man U ,Liverpool mates and know how ever bad it gets you can’t beat the match day experience 

roll on 2021 and getting back down the gate and a couple of natch,s 

Low: Football having it's soul ripped out with no fans at games. It's just not the same.

High: Football returning after months without. Ok we were crap but that's the longest I've gone without it and it really demonstrated how integral it is in my life.

High point was probably the last game that fans could attend, so Fulham at home, a good game & we played well against a very decent side.

Low point (pandemic aside of course) was the managerial appointment, nothing personal against Holden, but it simply confirmed a lot of things that are badly wrong at the club.

Keeping this City related.

Low point: Losing to Shrewsbury in the FA Cup 3rd round and missing out on a home 4th round televised tie against Liverpool.

High point: Sacking LJ. Sorry but he had to go.

2nd lowest point: Realising that despite all the talk of experienced managers, big names etc, DH bring appointed Head Coach after a ridiculously drawn out process. Initially looked like he might prove my fears groundless, but we have quickly returned to boring and unsuccessful “LJ-ball”.

Confused point: Realising that despite missing the pub for a post-match drink and chat, my mood was generally so much better on a Saturday evening during lockdown, while the football was suspended...

Like a few others have said, the high point of a lean year has to be QPR away last season, the atmosphere and belief at the end in that upper tier, especially having won nearby at Reading just days earlier, is the reason you follow City. Real feeling of being on the march, and pride and passion bursting from everyone.

There are too many lows to mention, aside from lockdown the most obvious being that deeply patronising managerial hiring process (whatever you think about the outcome). But as a distinct moment in time I'd go with the departure of Korey Smith which not only ended an era but was so classless and ham-fisted.

On 30/12/2020 at 18:00, Shtanley said:

Dave and Josh join me to see out 2020 in reasonable style.

We naturally chat about the defeat to Luton. Why did Bakinson play so poorly?

How much are injuries affecting us?

What were our highpoint and low point of 2020?

How do we wrap up warm in cold conditions?

Thanks for including my question Stan. I've finally made the bigtime!:cool2:

High point: the loan signing of Benik Afobe. A top class forward and, with Palmer & Nagy a real statement that the club means business. I was looking forward to an exciting team with real attacking intent.

Low point: the underwhelming appointment of Dean "we go again" Holden. With very little lower league managerial experience and absolutely none at this level. He is pitting his wits and tactical genius against experienced managers and coaches in an extremely competitive league who have played and managed at the highest level. It doesn't bode well.

High point for me was in February.

Was lucky to go with some Argyle fans to Salford on a freezing Tuesday night. Argyle won 3-2 with a last minute winner. Absolute bedlam in the away end. They took 1,000 plus on a Tuesday night. Nearly half the crowd. Amazing. They had a lad on loan from City playing, Bakinson. Wonder what became of him? The next night saw City beat Derby 3-2. City winning 3-2 at home? Did that really happen in 2020? 

Low point for me was the Holden appointment, particularly Ashton’s interview referring to the ‘process’.

Realising my season ticket doesn’t even cover a thousandth of his salary was another low point.

On 30/12/2020 at 22:21, LondonBristolian said:

Highlight for me was QPR away back in February. That and Barnsley at home were the only wins I saw in a stadium in 2020.

In terms of low points, we did our best to find one just after the resart but nothing tops new year's day at home to Brentford.

In hindsight, no club did a better job of setting up the mood of an entire year on its very first day...

Cruelly robbed of doing the very same thing again in 2021...

Archived