IGNORED

Karen Carney

Maesknoll Red

56 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

There are a couple of issues here.

Of course, I don't think anyone in their right mind would say vile abuse is okay. People were suggesting Leeds shouldn't respond because it encourages idiots. They have a right to reply and aren't responsible for the idiots that followed.

I don’t have an issue with Leeds responding. They can do what they want. Personally I don’t think official channels should be worrying about what pundits say but it’s up to them.

That isn’t the issue for me. It’s the ongoing abuse on Twitter that seemingly they never do anything about. 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I don’t have an issue with Leeds responding. They can do what they want. Personally I don’t think official channels should be worrying about what pundits say but it’s up to them.

That isn’t the issue for me. It’s the ongoing abuse on Twitter that seemingly they never do anything about. 

Absolutely. My concern is the Women in Football Group calling a tweet that read "Won the league by 10 points" inappropriate. 

11 hours ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Spazza, 

we as a fan base don’t accept mediocrity as the norm, we want more from what as you say at present is basically a one club city, the problem is we have a billionaire owner who accepts mediocrity and constantly seems to strive to achieve mediocrity. There in lies our problem. Stagnating in championship year after year 

Different thread probably due for this but I suppose we could change strategy- unsure how much more we can spend however.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Her point was that the break for Covid worked in Leeds' favour

On the basis that they clearly ran out of steam over the previous seasons I would say that she is pretty spot on

I think they were better last season- seemed more solid. Better all round probably.

It's hard to judge tbh because they won 5 games on the bounce without conceding before the break, and their dominance in games was higher than ever.

12 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

That’s the thing, all of our channels from the fans to the board to the cleaning ladies are all singing from the same sheet.

Its something I’ve never experienced at our club and it’s ******* emotional to be part of,  more than ever each part will defend one another.

Let me add to that Bielsa bought a VW golf for the staff Christmas Raffle! (Only club staff lower end staff, no players, coaches, management are allowed to enter).

He has taken whatever fragmented love each of us felt for football and the club, mashed it all together and we beat as one.

Sounds soft as **** but I wish that every club could at least once experience something similar to this once a lifetime.

We won’t win any trophies, but that doesn’t matter, the way we play entertains and more importantly brings us happiness.

14 hours ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Look, she's a woman and we have to accept that irrespective of her crass opinion & lazy punditry, to call her out is 'sexist' & cannot be allowed because the baying mobs of virtual signallers will descend upon us all.

Let us all forget that covid-19 is a despicable virus that has claimed thousands of lives in this country. People's friends & loved ones to boot. Indeed, LUFC lost a club legend, Norman Hunter, to this vile disease but hey, crass & inconsiderate comments that LUFC 'benefited' from the pandemic are OK when uttered by a woman.

Is that what we are saying?

How would Norman's family & friends feel when hearing or reading Karen Carney's comments?

Lack of sensitivity, ignorance or plain arrogance?

Has she reflected & apologised for the inconsiderate & offensive nature of her lazy remarks?

As far as I am aware she hasn't but hey, LUFC are the bad guys in all of this bcuz they called her out.

In hindsight, probably ill-advised because this is a vile world we now live in just like the pond life on social media who have to resort to personal abuse & the PC brigade who want to dictate & condemn anything that doesn't tickle their fancy.

If you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen.

You have a go at virtue signallers and the PC brigade yet ridiculously call her comments offensive....

Can you not see the irony?

9 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

That’s the thing, all of our channels from the fans to the board to the cleaning ladies are all singing from the same sheet.

Its something I’ve never experienced at our club and it’s ******* emotional to be part of,  more than ever each part will defend one another.

Let me add to that Bielsa bought a VW golf for the staff Christmas Raffle! (Only club staff lower end staff, no players, coaches, management are allowed to enter).

He has taken whatever fragmented love each of us felt for football and the club, mashed it all together and we beat as one.

Sounds soft as **** but I wish that every club could at least once experience something similar to this once a lifetime.

We won’t win any trophies, but that doesn’t matter, the way we play entertains and more importantly brings us happiness.

**** me, sounds like the rave scene/1989 has just arrived in West Yorkshire. 

blSRP0.gif.56d51a3d2d46ceac1b30780c440d77a2.gif

Archived