IGNORED

The Dead of 2021 / OTIB Death Pool 2021

TomF

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Is this a known known or a know unknown? We just don`t know.

No idea, but, just in case anybody is unaware of the quote, it was almost 20 years ago, here it is.

"There are known knowns — there are things we know we know,” Rumsfeld said in February 2002, when asked for evidence that Saddam Hussein tried to supply weapons of mass destruction to terrorist groups. “We also know there are known unknowns — that is to say, we know there are some things we do not know".

Brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Is this a known known or a know unknown? We just don`t know.

Can I do a retro laugh emoji?  You need to read the subsequent Philinfrance post to realise how clever Lanterne's remark is! Pity his target audience isn't!

Edited by Norn Iron
Grammar

Richard Donner, film director aged 91.

His films include Superman, The Goonies, the Lethal Weapon series and many others. Also produced a fair bit and did some TV stuff, The Twilight Zone and Man from U.N.C.L.E to name two.

• Sad 2

On 06/07/2021 at 10:53, Gazred said:

Richard Donner, film director aged 91.

His films include Superman, The Goonies, the Lethal Weapon series and many others. Also produced a fair bit and did some TV stuff, The Twilight Zone and Man from U.N.C.L.E to name two.

As a primary school kid in the 60s, U.N.C.L.E. was fantastic. I have a vague memory it was on BBC1 Saturdays at 5.15?

David McCallum went on to greater things including NCIS where in one episode his character was asked what did he look like when he was young? 

Edited by Norn Iron
More info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Jono Coleman, Aussie Radio & TV presenter, aged 65 following a 5 year battle with cancer

The Koala Brothers were superb on Cbeebies. I liked them as I had to watch all the episodes with our then 3 year old. They were expert at flying their plane, you know.

Jono was the narrator.

Buster and Frank Koala. 

Screenshot_20210710-104956_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Jono Coleman, Aussie Radio & TV presenter, aged 65 following a 5 year battle with cancer

Very sad news, used to love "Russ (Williams) and Jono" on Virgin Radio breakast show in the mid 90s.  This was before the "Ginger Whinger" Chris Evans binned them to the afternoon show, and then sacked Jono after he had a drunken rant about Evans!  This was when he was on leave back in Australia visiting his mum, who was ill.

Edited by New Dazzler
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Thought I read somewhere that the Royal Archer on Lees Hill was his local.

Used to go there, being from nearby New Cheltenham Road.......its now a housing estate; it also says Andy lost 70% function in liver, had life saving bowel cancer op (I had one of them) and got covid 😟

16 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Used to go there, being from nearby New Cheltenham Road.......its now a housing estate; it also says Andy lost 70% function in liver, had life saving bowel cancer op (I had one of them) and got covid 😟

Me too as my ex Wife came from Neville Rd.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Me too as my ex Wife came from Neville Rd.

small world my brother and his family still live in Spring Hill. Many a time I got the 14 bus from opposite the Anchor Pub to old Market then walked to Ashton Gate

On 10/07/2021 at 12:01, New Dazzler said:

Very sad news, used to love "Russ (Williams) and Jono" on Virgin Radio breakast show in the mid 90s.  This was before the "Ginger Whinger" Chris Evans binned them to the afternoon show, and then sacked Jono after he had a drunken rant about Evans!  This was when he was on leave back in Australia visiting his mum, who was ill.

They’re a couple of anchors…😂 dial a wad.
Brilliant radio until CE bought the station 

• Like 2

• Admin
On 20/07/2021 at 22:59, Selred said:

Been a while since any big deaths, the ones I text my parents in shock. Think the last 2 were Phillip and Bobby Ball. 

It's a proper dry period, even deathlist.net hasn't had one since April

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Australian actor Dieter Brummer, best known for his role as Shane Parrish on TV soap Home And Away between 1992 and 1996, has died aged 45.

I still remember Shane dying on H&W as a kid.. 45 is shocking.