IGNORED

The Dead of 2021 / OTIB Death Pool 2021

TomF

8 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Last saw him in Bournemouth with a woman sat behind me tut-tutting. Why the hell was she there ?  RIP Jethro. You made I laugh........................................a lot.

It`s like these dipsticks that go and see someone like Roy Chubby Brown and then complain they were offended afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Ray Illingworth former England cricket captain 89.

Saw a lot of him and the great Yorkshire team of the 60s. That's him, Trueman and Close gone of the 4 legends - only Sir Geoffrey left now.

Illy was also an Ashes winning captain in Auatralia and a very fine Chairman if Selectors for England.

Very sad day for me.

RIP...

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Saw a lot of him and the great Yorkshire team of the 60s. That's him, Trueman and Close gone of the 4 legends - only Sir Geoffrey left now.

Illy was also an Ashes winning captain in Auatralia and a very fine Chairman if Selectors for England.

Very sad day for me.

RIP...

Wasn’t it Ray and Fred Trueman who wound up Brian Johnson once upon a time on bbc ? 

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

Very sad day for me.

RIP...

Interestingly, whilst I am aware, of course, that he was a Yorkshire man born and bred, I always thought of him as a Leicestershire and England stalwart.

Similarly, I always loved those good old Somerset players, Ian Botham and Brian Close 😉.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interestingly, whilst I am aware, of course, that he was a Yorkshire man born and bred, I always thought of him as a Leicestershire and England stalwart.

Similarly, I always loved those good old Somerset players, Ian Botham and Brian Close 😉.

Behave yourself - you know exactly what you're doing. Rascal...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Desmond Tutu, a legendary fighter for peace and justice.

Will never be forgotten , a ‘ Desmond’ will live on midst football supporters.

RIP.

Desmond Tutu is one of my absolute heroes. A passionate voice against inequality and injustice who always came across as warm, good-humoured and considerate in interviews plus someone who really set an example for a version of Christianity based on love, compassion and respect for everyone rather than judgement or intolerance. 

He was an absolute towering figure of the last century and is as admirable and impressive a public figure as any I can think of in the course of his lifetime. RIP.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Desmond Tutu is one of my absolute heroes. A passionate voice against inequality and injustice who always came across as warm, good-humoured and considerate in interviews plus someone who really set an example for a version of Christianity based on love, compassion and respect for everyone rather than judgement or intolerance. 

He was an absolute towering figure of the last century and is as admirable and impressive a public figure as any I can think of in the course of his lifetime. RIP.

Indeed, and also warmly, infectuously even, mischievous - who could not be touched by his chuckle/laugh?

Apparently, some years ago in San Francisco, he was approached by an elderly woman who greeted him with a gushing:

'Welcome to America Archbishop Mandela

His comments when recollecting the incident:

'So, a sort of two for the price of one, then'.

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked