IGNORED

Odowda

Finley_Smith10

17 minutes ago, Taz said:

Another one for the ever-growing list of unavailable players. What is going on, are they being worked too hard in training or has Holden ran over a black cat!?

Judging by the amount of injuries it does indicate a lack of conditioning in the players IMO.  Something just doesn't seem quite right. Can we blame Ashton ?

22 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Judging by the amount of injuries it does indicate a lack of conditioning in the players IMO.  Something just doesn't seem quite right. Can we blame Ashton ?

It always seems Ashton is colder and less sunny than other parts of South Bristol so I agree it could be a factor.

20 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Can’t see any major improvements given the long term nature of the injuries.

A lower mid table finish looks on the cards, unless we are able to recruit in the window.

37 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I reckon Hamstring to cause an upset and win 2-1

Yes, and get us in the third round at Ashton Gate and cause an upset! Since Jan 1 2018 we've only won 25 out of 67 LEAGUE GAMES  played here!!!!

11 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Wow this is truly unbelievable now. Surely some blame now must be put on Holden deciding to do a ‘competitive 11 v 11’ during the only one week break the players have had all season. Moronic

Worth understanding what a competitive 11 v 11 on a training ground actually entailed first.

I doubt we actually had 22 players available to do that unless some of the keepers played on pitch ???

23 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Wow this is truly unbelievable now. Surely some blame now must be put on Holden deciding to do a ‘competitive 11 v 11’ during the only one week break the players have had all season. Moronic

Actually, the truth is far worse. Here's footage of the two team Captains before kick-off.

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Guess that news will cheer up a few on here who constantly find fault no matter how well he plays, suppose they will have to find a new whipping boy now to moan about, HNM, Bakinson, Taylor?

Agreed. People moan at players constantly and then realise how much we miss them when they’re not available, e.g. Wiemann, Paterson, and now O’Dowda 

My only real comment on injuries without falling into conspiracy theory ideas is:- why are all of our injuries 2/3+ months.

Whats happened to the old “be out for a couple of games” injury.

From a players point of view how does Sessegnon’s hamstring injury differ from O’Dowda’s.  Even though both warm as happened late on game, Sessegnon was sprinting trying to chase back, O’Dowda’s didn’t seem to have a trigger point, he just went down.  And if anyone can answer that, how did Brunt do his?

A month or so ago I asked Gregor to ask what part sports science are playing in monitoring impacts of load this season and how it would influence selection.  Gregor didn’t ask that exact question but we were told it is taken into the equation.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My only real comment on injuries without falling into conspiracy theory ideas is:- why are all of our injuries 2/3+ months.

From a players point of view how does Sessegnon’s hamstring injury differ from O’Dowda’s.  Even though both warm as happened late on game, Sessegnon was sprinting trying to chase back, O’Dowda’s didn’t seem to have a trigger point, he just went down.  And if anyone can answer that, how did Brunt do his?

A month or so ago I asked Gregor to ask what part sports science are playing in monitoring impacts of load this season and how it would influence selection.  Gregor didn’t ask that exact question but we were told it is taken into the equation.

From memory didn`t Tins say at the time he wasn`t moving too easily just before he went down? Did he try and run it off perhaps?

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I sympathise a little with the injury situation, but I do believe that we haven’t helped ourselves as much as we could have. 

Given the number of games we’ve had, I think Holden could have rotated more (even with the limited players) and used subs more often/earlier in some games - we’re allowed 5 aren’t we? 

Appreciate some of them have not had first team experience but they can hardly do any worse. And sometimes one comes in and just hits the ground running when nobody expected it.

Archived