IGNORED

Odowda

Finley_Smith10

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I thought that was odd.

O'Dowda being out will be a huge loss. It looked like Holden was planning on going with O'Dowda and Semenyo on the wings from now on. And now O'Dowda is out, we only really have a proper threat on one of the wings in Semenyo.

Players need recalling from loans for sure now.

Get Jonny Smith back!

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

From memory didn`t Tins say at the time he wasn`t moving too easily just before he went down? Did he try and run it off perhaps?

Yeah, recall that, just don’t remember a big sprint, and him pulling up like Sessegnon did.  But we don’t see every bit of action to know.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Arsenal going back a few years also seemed plagued with injury after injury....same guy?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Not as such as he had a different role at Arsenal then he does here

Yes, and it’s a multi-faceted team, with Andrew Rolls, Patrick Orme, Andrew Proctor and Gill Holt.  Here are their roles too.

62D19157-613F-4AF4-B023-0A131D136768.jpeg.2c4dbbda9ef23bcfca43c2c6e812071c.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, recall that, just don’t remember a big sprint, and him pulling up like Sessegnon did.  But we don’t see every bit of action to know.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Yes, and it’s a multi-faceted team, with Andrew Rolls, Patrick Orme, Andrew Proctor and Gill Holt.  Here are their roles too.

are all the fitness team working from home?

5 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Wow this is truly unbelievable now. Surely some blame now must be put on Holden deciding to do a ‘competitive 11 v 11’ during the only one week break the players have had all season. Moronic

Yes the commentators said a few times that Holden held a very competetive 11 v 11 in the week off. That makes 22 players, at least, so why can we only muster 8 subs for a first team game. Give the last spot to another kid who has no chance of coming on.

5 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Guess that news will cheer up a few on here who constantly find fault no matter how well he plays, suppose they will have to find a new whipping boy now to moan about, HNM, Bakinson, Taylor?

He never plays well. Actually I take that back, he was good for 10 minutes against Wycombe. 

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Would expect that means probably 4 will be coming back from loans, Pring, Jonny Smith, Palmer or Adelakun & Morton.

No indication when Paterson is back, which might have an impact.

Re recall of loan players, talks with clubs are ‘ongoing’

Re Pato doesn’t sound particularly positive. ‘Hopefully sooner rather than later. It’s taken longer than expected’ according to Dean Holden in today’s Post. 

2 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Re recall of loan players, talks with clubs are ‘ongoing’

Re Pato doesn’t sound particularly positive. ‘Hopefully sooner rather than later. It’s taken longer than expected’ according to Dean Holden in today’s Post. 

The transfer window for recalls doesn’t open until tomorrow but I would be amazed if we haven’t made decisions in the majority of cases & told the clubs informally, after all, unlike a transfer, these are our players.

Hull media are reporting they expect Adelakun to be recalled, for instance.

With Paterson (& I hesitate to be too optimistic, for obvious reasons) it seems we feel it isn’t a surgery issue, so are hopeful he’ll be back before many of the others, we certainly badly miss him.

This current injury curse must close to or is the longest City have had in recent years. 
Very disappointing that CoD is now hamstrung just as he was starting to have more influence on games. DH must wondering when it will end.

I can’t see us getting anything at the Bees tomorrow.

52 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The transfer window for recalls doesn’t open until tomorrow but I would be amazed if we haven’t made decisions in the majority of cases & told the clubs informally, after all, unlike a transfer, these are our players.

Hull media are reporting they expect Adelakun to be recalled, for instance.

With Paterson (& I hesitate to be too optimistic, for obvious reasons) it seems we feel it isn’t a surgery issue, so are hopeful he’ll be back before many of the others, we certainly badly miss him.

DH was quoted in the EP "You can't just recall some players on January 1st - it doesn't work like that. We're in talks and we hope to get those guys in as soon as we can."

Not sure what he means by that, the terms of the loan are set out at the beginning of the loan surely?  If there's a recall clause then that's it and back they come, if it's a season long loan with no recall then it's also clear.  So why are we "in talks" ?

Everything at City seems to be more difficult than it should be.

I would like to see them all come back. We're short of players, these are our players, they've mostly all had loans at various levels and if they don't at least get a chance now when we can't even fill the bench...........if not now then when?  If they're not up to it then at least we'll know and they can be moved on in the summer.

20 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

DH was quoted in the EP "You can't just recall some players on January 1st - it doesn't work like that. We're in talks and we hope to get those guys in as soon as we can."

Not sure what he means by that, the terms of the loan are set out at the beginning of the loan surely?  If there's a recall clause then that's it and back they come, if it's a season long loan with no recall then it's also clear.  So why are we "in talks" ?

I would like to see them all come back. We're short of players, these are our players, they've mostly all had loans at various levels and if they don't at least get a chance now when we can't even fill the bench...........if not now then when?  If they're not up to it then at least we'll know and they can be moved on in the summer.

Can't understand that but surely if we have the amount of injuries we have then we can ask to recall them.Either that or the club don't want them back.  Personally it bloody winds me up.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My only real comment on injuries without falling into conspiracy theory ideas is:- why are all of our injuries 2/3+ months.

Whats happened to the old “be out for a couple of games” injury.

From a players point of view how does Sessegnon’s hamstring injury differ from O’Dowda’s.  Even though both warm as happened late on game, Sessegnon was sprinting trying to chase back, O’Dowda’s didn’t seem to have a trigger point, he just went down.  And if anyone can answer that, how did Brunt do his?

A month or so ago I asked Gregor to ask what part sports science are playing in monitoring impacts of load this season and how it would influence selection.  Gregor didn’t ask that exact question but we were told it is taken into the equation.

is there any chance you could ask him regarding the strength and conditioning team and maybe there is a problem within that section...I try to ask him on Twitter but no reply. The amount of injuries is concerning but I just don’t understand how every injury is a long term one.

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Well

That Derek Cleave bloke needs replacing !

?

Like a bloody army of staff now yetBut......

Whatever happened to Manager , Asst Manager , Youth team coach , Physio/ wet sponge man and Chief Scout 

We never had long injury lists then !

12 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

He never plays well. Actually I take that back, he was good for 10 minutes against Wycombe. 

Must be a worry for you which player to cluelessly whine about , on loop , now

Youve lost most of your favourite scapegoats

Sure you will come up with a new one , without problem

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

The transfer window doesn’t open again until January 2nd so maybe that is what he meant? But agree, it appears a very odd statement.

If we inserted a recall clause they can come back, if we didn’t (unless the other club chooses to let them return), we can’t.

Holden & Tinnion will know the details here, all that needs to be decided then is which ones we recall.

We had 9 out on loan at the end of December, personally I cannot see a value in recalling all of them, but certainly we could do with at least 4 (probably 5) coming back.

Will be interesting to see if any of those still on loan feature tomorrow for their clubs as we could recall them (to prevent further injuries) even if in some cases where they are cup tied, they cannot feature until the Preston game.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

I wonder if its a case of if players can't play vs Brentford due to registration window not open then being cup tied potentially whether some clubs are trying to hold on to players for another few games until they could first play a game for us.

This is further evidence of a lesson from on high (or Kid in his riot van. Easy, just a joke! Calm yerself), sent to teach us something, something important. The gods are testing us, seeing how awake we are, or deluded. How entitled we are. A life lesson, for getting through this thing called life (supporting Bristol City):

If Steve firing Lee and replacing him with Deputy Deano didn't teach us to - 1. Be careful what we wish for; 2. Know what we got before Ashton flogs it, or injury sidelines it; 3. Appreciate the little things, be thankful for what we do have, and not moan so much about what we don't - then:

Weimann missing a hole season might. But if we don't grasp it from this, then:

We now have two or three months to, actually, wish CO'D was out there, er, running about loads, and, er, doing all that essential stuff he does but we don't see and now miss dreadfully.

Instead of a plague of locusts, we are sent/presented with two to three months sans CO'D to reflect and see if we cannot now learn to cheer the *u** up a bit about our club and quit *u**ing moaning so much. Because as grim as it is right now, it can get and be even worse!

Speaking personally, I will fail to heed this lesson about 3.25 pm tomorrow when we got 3 nil down and I will cheerily slate everything and anything Bristol City until regaining my poise and posting something more balanced and measured on here, whilst tut-tutting at the likes of @Bassomylover and others losing their shit in a very predictable and repetitive manner .....

9 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

This is further evidence of a lesson from on high (or Kid in his riot van. Easy, just a joke! Calm yerself), sent to teach us something, something important. The gods are testing us, seeing how awake we are, or deluded. How entitled we are. A life lesson, for getting through this thing called life (supporting Bristol City):

If Steve firing Lee and replacing him with Deputy Deano didn't teach us to - 1. Be careful what we wish for; 2. Know what we got before Ashton flogs it, or injury sidelines it; 3. Appreciate the little things, be thankful for what we do have, and not moan so much about what we don't - then:

We now have two or three months to, actually, wish CO'D was out there, er, running about loads, and, er, doing all that essential stuff he does but we don't see and now miss dreadfully.

Instead of a plague of locusts, we are sent/presented with two to three months sans CO'D to reflect and see if we cannot now learn to cheer the *u** up a bit about our club and quit *u**ing moaning so much. Because as grim as it is right now, it can get and be even worse!

Speaking personally, I will fail to heed this lesson about 3.25 pm tomorrow when we got 3 nil down and I will cheerily slate everything and anything Bristol City until regaining my poise and posting something more balanced and measured on here, whilst tut-tutting at the likes of @Bassomylover and others losing their shit in a very predictable and repetitive manner .....

I don’t think it’s our lesson to learn...

5 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Can't fault this MoP.

One or two as yet unfathomable musings within - nevertheless, overall, an entertaining NYD read that invoked zero moments of displeasure. ?

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

This current injury curse must close to or is the longest City have had in recent years. 
Very disappointing that CoD is now hamstrung just as he was starting to have more influence on games. DH must wondering when it will end.

I can’t see us getting anything at the Bees tomorrow.

Apart from “stung”!! ?

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

my only thought other than what @Lrrrsaid above is that a date / notice period may have been specified in the loan agreement as to when a recall could be exercised....so a club isn’t lumbered on 1st / 2nd Jan.  Only guessing though.

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

At some point he’s gonna have to start scapegoating Nagy.

I’ve pretty much resigned myself to the fact we aren’t going up this season, which I’m almost ok with if we use it as a year to give as many youngsters experience as possible while remaining competitive. I’m way more excited to see the likes of Morton and Jonny Smith pull on a city shirt than to bring in more loans of other clubs prospects 

I think I've sussed why we have been so "unlucky" with injuries.         We've got a girl physio! Get a man in and I think our injury problem would be much improved. Now, I've got nothing against female medical staff, but it must be nice to be poked and prodded by a girl rather than a Buster type character. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.              Happy New Year everyone.

On 31/12/2020 at 14:31, Taz said:

Another one for the ever-growing list of unavailable players. What is going on, are they being worked too hard in training or has Holden ran over a black cat!?

Could it be the other way and our fitness level is too low resulting in more orders

Our inability to work an effective press when we don't have the ball and our lack of movement when we do has made me wonder is our fitness levels are a problem

1 hour ago, Desso said:

I think I've sussed why we have been so "unlucky" with injuries.         We've got a girl physio! Get a man in and I think our injury problem would be much improved. Now, I've got nothing against female medical staff, but it must be nice to be poked and prodded by a girl rather than a Buster type character. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.              Happy New Year everyone.

Get @Rudolf Huckerin.

4 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Unfortunately we are carrying a lot of dead wood, ODowda being the perfect example. The sooner some of the players get back the better, then we can try to ship off Dowda Massengo Moore, assuming there will be takers of course.

None of the 3 above are good enough, moore and dowda never will be good enough....massengo won't get the game time to progress within his contract.

Archived