IGNORED

Loan players recalled

Lrrr

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

EDWARDS AND MORTON RETURN FROM LOAN

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 31ST 2020

City have recalled Owura Edwards and James Morton from their season-long loans at Grimsby Town.

Midfielder Morton is currently training with the Robins first team squad while Edwards will join up tomorrow (Friday).

Winger Edwards made 20 appearances in total for Grimsby, scoring once, with Morton featuring nine times.

Saikou Janneh has also returned from his temporary spell at Newport County and will work with the Under-23s as he recovers from a hamstring injury.

This news follows Holloway's resignation as Grimsby manager on December 23rd; https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11769/12171020/ian-holloway-resigns-as-grimsby-manager-after-12-months-in-charge

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Well Morton actually has some league experience which is better than most of our bench

Indeed he does, had a spell at Forest Green last season too.

This strikes me as lot to do with Holloway leaving, rather than these 2 being the first in line to be recalled.

Would expect Pring & Palmer or Adelakun back shortly as well.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if Morton can be registered in time for Saturday.  You’d imagine that’s the plan if he’s back already but I can never get registration timelines correct in my head, least of all with a Bank Holiday.

I would think that might be why we`ve done it today and not waited. I think it`s 5pm the day before for a Saturday game but might be 5pm today with the bank holiday although can we register them when the window doesn`t officially open till 00:01 tomorrow!

1 minute ago, Bobbie said:

Never seen Morton play other than some highlights but he looks to have a great left foot (if I remember rightly), could be a better option on the left of a midfield 3 than the current very out of sorts HNM 

Yes, he is left footed, so would be a far more logical fit than asking Massengo to play out of position, as Holden did at Luton.

Other option will be to recall Pring, play him at LB & play Rowe in the position he played virtually every game whilst at Doncaster..

26 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I would think that might be why we`ve done it today and not waited. I think it`s 5pm the day before for a Saturday game but might be 5pm today with the bank holiday although can we register them when the window doesn`t officially open till 00:01 tomorrow!

⬇️⬇️⬇️

19 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Pretty sure Morton was back training with City before Christmas (which wouldn't seem too unlikely considering he's barely been involved at Grimsby since October). 

He certainly took part in a City photo shoot a few days before Christmas. 

How do you interpret this?

B7D06AFF-691B-4F72-B476-3FA912098C78.thumb.jpeg.a3bcb630efdeae9783a85b2e39f43e19.jpeg

can you lodge it in advance?

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, he is left footed, so would be a far more logical fit than asking Massengo to play out of position, as Holden did at Luton.

Other option will be to recall Pring, play him at LB & play Rowe in the position he played virtually every game whilst at Doncaster..

Isn't Edwards two footed and can play either wing?

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

Could this be because of the situation at Grimsby rather than them being played here?

Morton has already played for 2 clubs this year so wouldn't be going on loan anywhere else so if we didn't bring him back to play here we may as well as left him at Grimsby in the hope he got some more game time with 1 less loan player there in Owura 

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Seems pretty clear (for once!) - the window doesn`t open until Saturday so we can`t re-register any loanees until then and even if we did do that they wouldn`t be able to play until the Pompey game in the cup.

I agree, but you never know with these rules ?

If these players are being recalled to be part of the first team we could well be in a bit of trouble come March we need a couple of experienced loan signings to get us through the injury crisis and get the points we need for safety ASAP, don't think we will see the messiahs Walsh and Williams anytime this season

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if Morton can be registered in time for Saturday.  You’d imagine that’s the plan if he’s back already but I can never get registration timelines correct in my head, least of all with a Bank Holiday.

James has been back for over a week, trained with City once again before Christmas .

Great signings? if we look at it that way as two new players arriving, I think not. Two fringe players from Division 2.  

Have we really come to this?  We need urgent enquiry, as many suggest, to answer question as to why we have so many injuries.  Lots of suggestions on Otib from nature of pitch to tactics, from fitness preparation to poor medical team.  Only a proper enquiry will provide answers.  It simply is not acceptable.

17 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

If these players are being recalled to be part of the first team we could well be in a bit of trouble come March we need a couple of experienced loan signings to get us through the injury crisis and get the points we need for safety ASAP, don't think we will see the messiahs Walsh and Williams anytime this season

Haven't seen anyone on here ever expecting them to be our Messiah's, in fact I've only seen that word used sneeringly by those who don't like/rate them as a way of putting them down.

Particularly Walsh.

All we do know is both are good players who could, and should, make a very positive difference when fully fit, but nobody is expecting them to return and save our season -  should that indeed be necessary.

Archived