IGNORED

Loan players recalled

Lrrr

Such a difficult one to call - clearly we need cover and i'm sure some of these loanees would be very useful.

But on the other hand, we don't know all the details. The clauses in their deals. Which injured first team players are due back, when. If we are we signing anyone in Jan? 

What a balancing act, we don't want to recall players who are getting good time elsewhere IF they'll end up, at best, warming the bench here. 

To be blunt, if we are looking unlikely of making the play-offs this year, i'd rather leave these guys who are doing well on-loan where they are and re-assess in the summer. That might be the better long-term plan.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Irrelevant. They're our players, we need them back here, and they do what they're damn well told.

You are right Nogs but I don’t see any benefit in dragging back a sulking loanee who has no future here 

Really can’t see how that would help us

As for Palmer , anyone who’s watched him whilst he’s  ‘settled in Wales’ , would see that he would add little to us , in fact I’d say he’d make us worse and certainly wouldn’t contemplate bringing him back as a moody disgruntled Palmer

10 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Reading the post, Kenny Jackett quoted as saying we’ve not been in touch. Obviously that might not be true but spring would seem the most logical recall right now.... surely out of courtesy you’d have let Pompey know there’s a chance we’ll want him back?

The other factor of course is.... do these players want to come back? Will DH play them of just warm the bench... the evidence so far is that you’ll warm the bench while others are played out of position (HNM of the left of midfield rather than blooding Pearson).  
why would Adelukun want to come back here? The management team have shown no faith in him so far... and if you’re him, it’s the same management. 

Can imagine Pring would see it as a big opportunity to be in the 20 every game, especially with Dasilva out.  Morton possibly similar thoughts.

As for Adelakun, you’d imagine he’d be thinking the opposite, especially as it seems Hull keen to take him permanently.

37 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Bring back Palmer from Swansea to mope about with Wells.............that’ll be fun to watch.

Palmer behind Wells with Semenyo and some other bloke out wide would at least be a bit more entertaining than the shit served up over the last 18 games 

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can imagine Pring would see it as a big opportunity to be in the 20 every game, especially with Dasilva out.  Morton possibly similar thoughts.

As for Adelakun, you’d imagine he’d be thinking the opposite, especially as it seems Hull keen to take him permanently.

I’d agree, if they’re used... but if they’re loaned  to get experience and brought back to sit on their arse on the bench... they might not feel it as such a good deal. If they’re brought back, they need to be used - if only to prove whether or not they have what it takes. The trouble with 9 subs is that there is plenty of scope to be left hanging around week after week. 

9 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I’d agree, if they’re used... but if they’re loaned  to get experience and brought back to sit on their arse on the bench... they might not feel it as such a good deal. If they’re brought back, they need to be used - if only to prove whether or not they have what it takes. The trouble with 9 subs is that there is plenty of scope to be left hanging around week after week. 

Aye....9 subs.  Why did they have to go increase it from 7, just make in 5 from 7, rather than 3 from 7 (which is a joke imho).

Wouldn’t surprise me if Morton hangs around, but Owura Edwards goes somewhere else on loan.  The Holloway / Grimsby thing has meant their recalls I’m sure.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Aye....9 subs.  Why did they have to go increase it from 7, just make in 5 from 7, rather than 3 from 7 (which is a joke imho).

Wouldn’t surprise me if Morton hangs around, but Owura Edwards goes somewhere else on loan.  The Holloway / Grimsby thing has meant their recalls I’m sure.

People used to moan about Cotts not filling his bench... that was partly political in the championship season - but what’s the point having players you know aren’t coming on, on the bench? Experience my arse! 
it’s also just another strain on revenue with all clubs having to carry bigger squads. If it was 5 subs we’d have been naming a fully experienced squad every week, despite the injuries. 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

You are right Nogs but I don’t see any benefit in dragging back a sulking loanee who has no future here 

As for Palmer , anyone who’s watched him whilst he’s  ‘settled in Wales’ , would see that he would add little to us , in fact I’d say he’d make us worse and certainly wouldn’t contemplate bringing him back as a moody disgruntled Palmer

Palmer is on the bench for Swansea - so can’t see a recall being imminent!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I'd like to see Owura Edwards given a chance, the clips I've seen are very promising. Like Pring has played games so should be ready, where as our bench can't even play U23's football

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Palmer behind Wells with Semenyo and some other bloke out wide would at least be a bit more entertaining than the shit served up over the last 18 games 

18 games really?

More like 12-13 IMO- with some exceptions contained in that. Would also add that formation- could leave us exposed in one and maybe two respects tactically- or outflanked rather than exposed maybe a better word.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

18 games really?

More like 12-13 IMO- with some exceptions contained in that. Would also add that formation- could leave us exposed in one and maybe two respects tactically- or outflanked rather than exposed maybe a better word.

Since Barnsley away I think we've looked alright first half v Bournemouth, second half v Huddersfield and occasionally against QPR and Blackburn. The rest of the games including a few flukey 1-0s have been dire

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Since Barnsley away I think we've looked alright first half v Bournemouth, second half v Huddersfield and occasionally against QPR and Blackburn. The rest of the games including a few flukey 1-0s have been dire

I wouldn’t go that far, but even as a Holden fan I don’t think you’re a million miles off.  It’s difficult to count many halves since Bournemouth as you say, let alone games.  Even when I look at say Watford, I’m thinking good spells, not good halves.

23 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I don't think we were awful v Norwich either- in individual key moments we were but we had good things about our display too, which sadly were cancelled out by the bad- Swansea at home wasn't so bad?

9 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Take your word on Palmer Shelts, I know little about how he's been doing.

Remember Paterson going to Derby - presumably we were wiling to let him move on if they wanted him - not doing very well there, but seemingly inspired by his return to AG to find some form again.

Perhaps recall KP with an assurance he's going to start the next 4 games whatever if he's fully fit. Encourage him he's got a run of starts to find his form and prove himself, and it's completely up to him now. He must surely know he's got to start playing regularly and impressing for somebody or his career is in danger of fizzling out.

I just think we need numbers for the next couple of months, so we should recall just about anybody we can who might help. 

The way things have gone we may well get even more injuries so any way we can pad out the squad to avoid a real crisis we should take imo.

52 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Take your word on Palmer Shelts, I know little about how he's been doing.

Remember Paterson going to Derby - presumably we were wiling to let him move on if they wanted him - not doing very well there, but seemingly inspired by his return to AG to find some form again.

Perhaps recall KP with an assurance he's going to start the next 4 games whatever if he's fully fit. Encourage him he's got a run of starts to find his form and prove himself, and it's completely up to him now. He must surely know he's got to start playing regularly and impressing for somebody or his career is in danger of fizzling out.

I just think we need numbers for the next couple of months, so we should recall just about anybody we can who might help. 

The way things have gone we may well get even more injuries so any way we can pad out the squad to avoid a real crisis we should take imo.

I think we should recall him, unless Swansea offer to buy him.

I don’t think you have to guarantee him starts, but I see no harm in working him hard in training to get a level of fitness that means if we need to play him for 70-90 mins he’s able to.

I watch the Swansea goals today and I do think their home kit makes the players look big, so I’ll reserve opinion on his weight until I see him back in red and white (if that happens).

He’s basically at a crossroads if he comes back.  If that’s not a motivation then so be it.  But I’d be willing to give him the opportunity to earn his place back.

A test for Holden too.

He’s younger than Max O’Leary and Haks Adelakun!!

• The title was changed to Loan players recalled
5 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Manage your expectations regarding Pring, he has all the tools, but has the killer switching off/misjudging the ball in the air disease.

If you want examples

Didn't get the shout from the defender behind him for the first goal and one outstanding block off the line.

Archived