IGNORED

As 2020 closes..

PFree

Okay, as a club we are in a poor position - awful form, a dreadful injury list, and let’s be honest, a coaching team very few of us wanted.

That said if we care to think outside the box, we have a lot to be thankful for - a conservative but very affluent stable owner and benefactor, a stadium and set up that will one day help us reach the Premier League, and the probability that when we do get there, that we have access to a massive fan base across the South West that can, and will, sustain Premier League status.

Finally, it’s been a tough year for many, with families having lost loved ones due to the pandemic - stay passionate all, but remember, it’s a game we are following so let’s keep frustrations in perspective.

Lets hope 2021 is better for us all, in so many ways.

Happy New Year.

35 minutes ago, PFree said:

Okay, as a club we are in a poor position - awful form, a dreadful injury list, and let’s be honest, a coaching team very few of us wanted.

That said if we care to think outside the box, we have a lot to be thankful for - a conservative but very affluent stable owner and benefactor, a stadium and set up

I thought you going to say Government ! :shocking:  But seriously a bad year for everyone. I lost my beloved brother and through that suffered depression (not helped by the " breath of fresh air " appointment ?)

Let's hope for a better year on and off the pitch. Have a good'un every body and join in a rousing chorus of Auld Lang Sine  (Look daddy, teacher says...every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings :yes:)

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I thought you going to say Government ! :shocking:  But seriously a bad year for everyone. I lost my beloved brother and through that suffered depression (not helped by the " breath of fresh air " appointment ?)

Let's hope for a better year on and off the pitch. Have a good'un every body and join in a rousing chorus of Auld Lang Sine  (Look daddy, teacher says...every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings :yes:)

So sorry to hear about your brother Slarti - just know you’re not alone mate - my private messages/DM (whatever the youngsters call them) are open if you need to reach out ... take care mate 

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I can appreciate you've been through a bad time Slarti. Things will get better with time. You are one of those posters who I look up to and I invariably agree with your views. I also value your accurate recollections of games of the past (especially games against the gas!). So keep posting mate and keep your chin up ?

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So sorry to hear about your brother Slarti - just know you’re not alone mate - my private messages/DM (whatever the youngsters call them) are open if you need to reach out ... take care mate 

Thanks for that,getting better day by day ( Sertraline  is good gear ?) I don't want to make this all about myself, I know many people on here have had it tough or even tougher.       So, heads up for a brand new year........COYR !

16 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Thanks for that,getting better day by day ( Sertraline  is good gear ?) I don't want to make this all about myself, I know many people on here have had it tough or even tougher.       So, heads up for a brand new year........COYR !

best advice ever given to me was 'its good to talk'

hope it all carries on getting better, happy new year to you

13 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

I can appreciate you've been through a bad time Slarti. Things will get better with time. You are one of those posters who I look up to and I invariably agree with your views. I also value your accurate recollections of games of the past (especially games against the gas!). So keep posting mate and keep your chin up ?

Thank you, I have a good memory for those bygone days (mid 60's to 80's) I think it was because I was just a lad and everything was new and an adventure, so was ingrained in my memory  (just don't ask me who we played last week, though I expect we lost).

It'funny ,you saying "chin up " it was one of the last things he said to me, it was one of his sayings "chin up, lad"!    :yes:

Archived