IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/brentford-match-postponed/

COVID-19 symptoms have today (Friday) become evident within the City squad.

Due to the New Year Bank Holiday closure of the testing laboratory, it has not been possible to arrange the testing of the entire squad and backroom staff ahead of tomorrow’s match at the Brentford Community Stadium.

Following discussions with Brentford and the English Football League the decision has been taken to postpone the game for the safety of players and staff of both clubs.

A new date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Slight concern we’ve been caught out by this twice now - obviously first time didn’t impact on fixtures

They were in a mass huddle with Luton prior to that shit show. Could come from anywhere. There's been an an ever observable attitude of malaise by players towards COVID at most games recently, this comes as no surprise.

I don't expect professional football to be functioning much longer in the current climate.  Season postponed shortly would be my guess. 

Worrying but absolutely right that safety should come first.

We won’t play a league game for a fortnight now, which can only be a good thing.

Time to get as many well as possible after this, some time to sort out the position of those on loan & get the “usual suspects” (Vyner, Hunt, Nagy, Martin & the like) some well deserved rest.

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

They were in a mass huddle with Luton prior to that shit show. Could come from anywhere. There's been an an ever observable attitude of malaise by players towards COVID at most games recently, this comes as no surprise.

I don't expect professional football to be functioning much longer in the current climate.  Season postponed shortly would be my guess. 

Yes what was that huddle about?? They go up in 2 coaches so not to sit next to each other and then they all stand arm in arm with the opposing team for a photo. Bizarre 

7 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Yes what was that huddle about?? They go up in 2 coaches so not to sit next to each other and then they all stand arm in arm with the opposing team for a photo. Bizarre 

Totally bizarre.  From tentative fist bumps, and strict rules when football restarted to nothing now. Its symptomatic of wider society though; lots of COVID fatigue floating around. 

Archived