IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

Testing labs are not shut over New Year.

Project restart gave clubs very strict protocols to follow, when rates were fairly low. The current rate of infections caused all football in Europe to stop back in the spring.  Either the strict measures come back in, or you might as well postpone.

20-30 people regularly mixing with little social distancing, mask wearing and no regular testing is only ever going to end one way.

Just now, Northern Red said:

I can see why people might think we're trying our luck, but surely the punishment if guilty would outweigh any benefit from not playing tomorrow?

What is the default score if we had to give them the points? Might be worth taking!

14 minutes ago, WWred said:

100% buying time to improve the squad before we play them.

could be the biggest masterstroke in Holden’s reign yet!!

I mean don’t think anyone not registered in time for today would be eligible in any future date with Brentford.

I hope everyone is ok but a second outbreak? More of an amateurish feel to this club by the day. With the injury “setbacks” to multiple players to second outbreaks of covid to the hiring process of head coaches. We just don’t seem to get much right. Maybe it is because we see all the club news and this is happening at a lot of clubs but doesn’t really feel like a professional outfit. 

Edit: maybe outbreak is harsh now that I read the whole thing but why has this not happened to other clubs? 

12 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

The conspiracy theorists (Brentford fans) are out in full force on Twitter!

Obviously have no idea but it might be worth pointing out to them we have been playing with 7, 8 or 9 injured for some while, so seeing as tomorrow was probably our least likely game of late that we would get anything, it makes much less sense to fake a postponement then than say the Luton match..

It's a worry that city haven't learned now to keep the players in a covid safe environment after the last time this happened,

On a plus as long as no one ends up in hospital or with long covid like that couple of Newcastle played two weeks break from league football is a good thing for us, 

I guess if the tests come back positive the the fa game will be off as well,

21 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Yeah someone had a high temperature (or didn't, prove it), call the game off. Could be.

Exactly my thoughts. Terrible Form, Loads of Injuries and likely to get thrashed tomorrow. 

Sounds like a Mark Ashton decision to me!

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I mean don’t think anyone not registered in time for today would be eligible in any future date with Brentford.

I hope everyone is ok but a second outbreak? More of an amateurish feel to this club by the day. With the injury “setbacks” to multiple players to second outbreaks of covid to the hiring process of head coaches. We just don’t seem to get much right. Maybe it is because we see all the club news and this is happening at a lot of clubs but doesn’t really feel like a professional outfit. 

You can follow every rule in the book but footballers do have families who have just as much chance of catching Covid as the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, winsaw said:

It's a worry that city haven't learned now to keep the players in a covid safe environment after the last time this happened,

On a plus as long as no one ends up in hospital or with long covid like that couple of Newcastle played two weeks break from league football is a good thing for us, 

This is City, of course they will.

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I can see why people might think we're trying our luck, but surely the punishment if guilty would outweigh any benefit from not playing tomorrow?

What would the punishment be NR? I can see why Brentford fans may think it dodgy tbh but you have to hope that City’s integrity would not stoop that low (and I don’t believe it would btw). 

5 minutes ago, Packman said:

I'm not gonna say we're lying to get some of our injured players back and avoid an absolute pasting, but we blatantly are.

No doubt the Bees fans will claim exactly that.

Is Failand closed as a consequence as it was quite recently?

3 minutes ago, winsaw said:

The only Covid safe environment is a permanent bubble with no family contact whatsoever. Is that what you are suggesting we should have done?

75k deaths, 50k people getting it every day and people still write Covid off as easily avoided. It’s no wonder this country is in the state we are in.

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

They certainly would be, this isn’t the cup, just like anyone who might be suspended for the re-arranged game won’t be able to play.

Anyone recalled from loan or signed this month would be available for selection.

Luton get there results back today but we can’t get a test due to the lab being closed. If they got there results today then the lab must be open.

If we got it from Luton then EFL have a problem for they say being on pitch there is no chance of passing it on due to not being close enough to people. 

Archived