IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If the EFL were as sure as some of you that City are pulling a fast one they had the option to order the game to be played.

Yep, and if they had insisted and the cases had subsequently come back positive and potentially infected the Brentford players, no doubt that would have been all City's fault too.

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Agreed - this isn't some ruse by Dean Holden to keep himself in a job. The stupidity of some people beggars belief. 

I know we are all pissed off with the top level management, results and performances right now but when “supporters” suggest without a shred of evidence including making claims that the test centre was open despite the EFL being involved in all discussions and being the appointees of the test centre you really have to question whether they need to find a different hobby!!!!

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep, and if they had insisted and the cases had subsequently come back positive and potentially infected the Brentford players, no doubt that would have been all City's fault too.

Would have been on here.......

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`ve just had an email telling me the Robins TV tenner has been refunded - I`m surprised as I thought it would just stay valid for the rearranged game. It would complicate matters though I suppose if that game was picked for Sky or whatever so it`s probably simpler to refund and then pay again.

Fair play for refunding it so quick though.

Yep, just had the same - damn that efficiency from the club and its streaming partners. I am outraged.

41 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Will our lads have symptoms for two months possibly the rest of the season?

You know. It’s not a ridiculous question. I got it about 10 Nov positive positive test three days after that. 

if you are lucky and it doesn’t get badly into your lungs it takes seven to ten days for the initial effects to calm. 

However many will have side effects for weeks or even months as the damage the virus causes starts to become apparent. 

Getting out of bed remains a problem as the tiredness continues. The sore throats and snotty nose continues as does the swelling in your glands in the neck and around your nads (in some cases. :laugh:) 

My advice is don’t get it  and don’t think that players that do are firing on all cylindars after ten days and a few vitamins.

we are crap with injuries and multiple instances of outbreak in the camp, these issues may not be mutually exclusive!

Hmm, not again!! OTOH a postponement might be just what the squad needs...?

Let's hope we've followed protocols as the EFL will doubtless investigate.

I note that Sunderland played on for one game because they were unsure about EFL sanctions- Rotherham also claimed that they played vs Barnsley because they feared a points deduction if a 3rd game postponed.

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

Yep, just had the same - damn that efficiency from the club and its streaming partners. I am outraged.

On a Bank Holiday, after 5pm too - shocking!

TBF, no-one would have complained if it had been the middle of next week so they can get some things right - maybe this is a new Bristol City for a New Year!

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

You know. It’s not a ridiculous question. I got it about 10 Nov positive positive test three days after that. 

if you are lucky and it doesn’t get badly into your lungs it takes seven to ten days for the initial effects to calm. 

However many will have side effects for weeks or even months as the damage the virus causes starts to become apparent. 

Getting out of bed remains a problem as the tiredness continues. The sore throats and snotty nose continues as does the swelling in your glands in the neck and around your nads (in some cases. :laugh:) 

My advice is don’t get it  and don’t think that players that do are firing on all cylindars after ten days and a few vitamins.

we are crap with injuries and multiple instances of outbreak in the camp, these issues may not be mutually exclusive!

I was being flippant but agree with all you say. Let’s hope there aren’t serious issues for the sake of the players themselves and the nut jobs on here who have already inferred that we are pulling a fast one.

16 minutes ago, lenred said:

Personally think it’s more likely the Euros will be scrapped if needs be. We shall see. 

Agree, it's already a year behind. Just award it to the prior winners for an additional 4 years and be done with it. :whistle:

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hmm, not again!! OTOH a postponement might be just what the squad needs...?

Let's hope we've followed protocols as the EFL will doubtless investigate.

I note that Sunderland played on for one game because they were unsure about EFL sanctions- Rotherham also claimed that they played vs Barnsley because they feared a points deduction if a 3rd game postponed.

The game was postponed in discussion with Brentford and the EFL. We didn’t just send Brentford an e-mail saying “won’t be there tomorrow lads”.

Let's hope players alright for a start.

@chinapig article has the following bit which could be pertinent.

Investigations into coronavirus postponements are yet to be concluded, but some clubs have expressed concern over the pressure to fulfil fixtures. Rotherham called off two games over Christmas after five players were affected by the virus but their manager, Paul Warne, said they felt obliged to play on Tuesday in the fixture against Barnsley, for which they named only six players on the bench.

Warne said: “I was advised that if we did not play the game there would be retribution because I am going against medical advice. There was a fine with a possibility of a points deduction, which I do not want hanging over our heads.”

Already touched upon it. I note that in Italy in October, when Napoli were not allowed to travel, to Juventus by local health authority, the Italian Federation awarded a 3-0 to Juventus who turned up to kick off by themselves and docked Napoli a point.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The game was postponed in discussion with Brentford and the EFL. We didn’t just send Brentford an e-mail saying “won’t be there tomorrow lads”.

All postponements are still investigated. Unless there's nothing to investigate here of course.

56 minutes ago, Bill the Bee said:

Suits us 3 of our team who started wedneday Tony Dasilva and Dalsgaard were struggling to make this so with no game for 14 days gives most of our squad a good break although we have Spurs away Wednesday and Boro  in the cup Saturday but sure we will play some of the B team.

Best of luck  against Spurs..........really hope u beat them.........be great to see u guys in the final

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Already touched upon it. I note that in Italy in October, when Napoli were not allowed to travel, to Juventus by local health authority, the Italian Federation awarded a 3-0 to Juventus who turned up to kick off by themselves and docked Napoli a point.

All postponements are still investigated. Unless there's nothing to investigate here of course.

It will be investigated but we won’t get done for calling the game off against EFL protocol as they had the final say in conjunction with us and Brentford. As I said earlier the EFL could have said “you will play”. I would argue the club has been responsible for bringing it to their attention however convenient some may think. It wasn’t a unilateral decision by us not to play.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It will be investigated but we won’t get done for calling the game off against EFL protocol as they had the final say in conjunction with us and Brentford. As I said earlier the EFL could have said “you will play”. I would argue the club has been responsible for bringing it to their attention however convenient some may think. It wasn’t a unilateral decision by us not to play.

That doesn't prevent the EFL subsequently investigating whether we had complied with the protocols. If they were to find we had not they could still sanction us.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Napoli recently won an appeal against that decision though.

Archived