IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

28 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Given some England cricketers had to spend up to 6 months in bio secure bubbles shouldn't be too much to ask footballers to have to do it for up to 6 weeks

Who pays for the staff and players of 92 clubs to stay in bio secure bubbles (ie dedicated hotels who will have to forfeit income from all other rooms) for weeks on end. I bet Steve Lansdown wouldn’t be volunteering to stump up the cash for us and I dont blame him tbh.

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It will be investigated but we won’t get done for calling the game off against EFL protocol as they had the final say in conjunction with us and Brentford. As I said earlier the EFL could have said “you will play”. I would argue the club has been responsible for bringing it to their attention however convenient some may think. It wasn’t a unilateral decision by us not to play.

Okay thanks- reading subsequent stuff on it, including Gregor's tweets makes me a bit more confident.

2nd postponement though- in the event it drags into multiple games, we could have a problem?

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/brentford-match-postponed/

COVID-19 symptoms have today (Friday) become evident within the City squad.

Due to the New Year Bank Holiday closure of the testing laboratory, it has not been possible to arrange the testing of the entire squad and backroom staff ahead of tomorrow’s match at the Brentford Community Stadium.

Following discussions with Brentford and the English Football League the decision has been taken to postpone the game for the safety of players and staff of both clubs.

A new date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

How can this happen ?  Our very own Barmy Dick called Alan from the Army has made it clear in a previous thread that no such thing could happen because footballers live in a different world and we are all stupid.

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hope everyone affected gets well soon, entirely right thing to do. 

Football surely needa suspending again now. 

Doesn't need that many more postponements and some clubs will be playing at least twice a week every single week with the odd three timer to get the season done.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay thanks- reading subsequent stuff on it, including Gregor's tweets makes me a bit more confident.

2nd postponement though- in the event it drags into multiple games, we could have a problem?

I think football (in the EFL) will end up with such a fixture pile up that it will all be academic anyway. You’ve just got to look at the ever increasing case stats and the time it will take to get 60% of the population vaccinated (we don’t have enough bloody bottles to put the vaccines in even) to see this is a problem that is here to stay for the foreseeable........

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

How can this happen ?  Our very own Barmy Dick called Alan from the Army has made it clear in a previous thread that no such thing could happen because footballers live in a different world and we are all stupid.

The arrogance of the EFL and the government is breathtaking.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Doesn't need that many more postponements and some clubs will be playing at least twice a week every single week with the odd three timer to get the season done.

The second half of the season is slightly less condensed than the first half, but, yeah, too many postponements will eventually cause probs.

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Who pays for the staff and players of 92 clubs to stay in bio secure bubbles (ie dedicated hotels who will have to forfeit income from all other rooms) for weeks on end. I bet Steve Lansdown wouldn’t be volunteering to stump up the cash for us and I dont blame him tbh.

Was on about the euros this summer, players could easily bio secure bubble for that 

An alternative is stop professional sport for a fortnight and to vaccinate all “designated professional sport staff” if professional sport in this country is deemed culturally important enough? If you take football and rugby at pro level that will be 10k players and staff tops? Then go and finish the season.

Obviously Nakhi will refuse but that isn’t exactly the end of the world on current form!!!

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Was on about the euros this summer, players could easily bio secure bubble for that 

Oh right, agreed.

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think football (in the EFL) will end up with such a fixture pile up that it will all be academic anyway. You’ve just got to look at the ever increasing case stats and the time it will take to get 60% of the population vaccinated (we don’t have enough bloody bottles to put the vaccines in even) to see this is a problem that is here to stay for the foreseeable........

Can't even give those that have had their first vaccination their required second so it seems. What is the point ? We need our Barmy Army Dick Alan to take control of what is obviously the complete nationwide conspiracy that we find ourselves in. Go Al, save us from ourselves !!!

2 minutes ago, tin said:

How convenient. I’d like to know, once the test centres are open, how many have tested positive as this reeks of Trashton to me. Delaying the inevitable. 

Yes, of course, that must be the reason

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

Whilst people will think something sinister is afoot there have been 16 fixtures called off since Xmas day so it could just be for real. if so i hope everyone involved is okay Life is more important than sport

Don't come on here talking sense matey !!  Really some people.

31 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

They will have a circuit breaker to the season at some point very soon but either way you are correct.

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

My Apologies Tone ;)

Accepted, but please behave from here on.

1 hour ago, SinéadB said:

Luton have had to call off their game tomorrow due to covid positive tests, so it's possible we've got some covid from them. 

Don't the so called experts say that it takes up to three weeks before Covid symptoms show? Although self isolation is only up to 14 days.  IMO,  as the game as it played is a contact sport, it is impossible for any social distancing, so the virus can be passed on at any time that they are playing. Just saying.

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Don't the so called experts say that it takes up to three weeks before Covid symptoms show? Although self isolation is only up to 14 days.  IMO,  as the game as it played is a contact sport, it is impossible for any social distancing, so the virus can be passed on at any time that they are playing. Just saying.

I thought it was 5 days max.

24 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Another outbreak and surely some disciplinary repercussion is due. 

Really ??

Get  a grip Luton off as well , so sounds for real 

Frankly could  not give a toss , dozen players out , odds on a decent defeat , regroup and ‘ go again ‘ ! 

Archived