IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

7 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Really ??

Get  a grip Luton off as well , so sounds for real 

Frankly could  not give a toss , dozen players out , odds on a decent defeat , regroup and ‘ go again ‘ ! 

Careful. With a username like yours some will start blaming you as promoting a new super virulent strain within the club and being related to Ashton in some way and fuel any  conspiracy.

2 hours ago, Henry said:

Testing labs are not shut over New Year.

Project restart gave clubs very strict protocols to follow, when rates were fairly low. The current rate of infections caused all football in Europe to stop back in the spring.  Either the strict measures come back in, or you might as well postpone.

20-30 people regularly mixing with little social distancing, mask wearing and no regular testing is only ever going to end one way.

I’m not being funny but how on earth do you know that the private test facility the club use is open today?

The only people who had symptoms could get a government test, even then it wouldn’t be back in time. 

The whole squad and backroom staff have to be privately tested. 

2 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

I’m not being funny but how on earth do you know that the private test facility the club use is open today?

The only people who had symptoms could get a government test, even then it wouldn’t be back in time. 

The whole squad and backroom staff have to be privately tested. 

He doesn’t know. Hasn’t got a clue.

This doesn’t seem like it was such a good idea now does it?? (Below)

As others have said, I’ve felt as if the ‘protocols’ have been a bit lax in football for a while now. 
Lots of hand shaking, group hugs etc. We even hear earlier that the likes of our own Mr Ashton, a CEO, is regularly popping into the dressing room before a match. Seems a bit wrong when really as few people as possible should be in there!! 

3E01D974-7EA2-40C0-B7F4-8D58CB184974.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

This doesn’t seem like it was such a good idea now does it?? 

As others have said, I’ve felt as if the ‘protocols’ have been a bit lax in football for a while now. 
Lots of hand shaking, group hugs etc. We even hear earlier that the likes of our own Mr Ashton, a CEO, is regularly popping into the dressing room before a match. Seems a bit wrong when as really as few people as possible should be in there!! 

At least racism was given a proper good seeing too and won’t be back again. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Lots of hand shaking, group hugs etc. We even hear earlier that the likes of our own Mr Ashton, a CEO, is regularly popping into the dressing room before a match. Seems a bit wrong when really as few people as possible should be in there!! 

Hear from who H ?

1 minute ago, Harry said:

The more I see that the more I shake my head. The fricking officials are in there too. 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

One might argue it was a bloody brilliant idea! ???

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

From Holden. In his interview yesterday with Gregor 

Was he wearing a mask ?  Is Gregor the super spreader? In the meantime I'm going to throw a curve ball for consideration. Is it vaguely possible that one of the players picked up the virus from another source other than Mark Ashton.  Unlikely I understand but is there an outside chance of contracting it from another family member over the Xmas period ?  I understand fully that the other 50,000 or so infections per day nationwide are down to Ashton but just maybe not in this instance. Unlikely as I say but could be an outside possibility.

From my opinion unlike you we have been very lucky with injuries and tomorrow’s game could have been one game too far especially after wednesdays tough game .I couldn’t give a toss about these conspiracy theories our club has wished the staff of Bristol city a speedy recovery and accepted it no matter what the fans think. I look forward  to replaying this game and who knows we might all be be able to be there.

Let's hope all is above board at our end because taken from elsewhere, there would be sanctions possible. Suspect it'll be alright though.

@phantom Just have to bear in mind, in case any shortcomings do exist. I think nothing will come of it but we have to be certain as the EFL do investigate the circs behind every postponement.

Mind you the number of postponements and the speed at which they investigate- if we hit a miracle run, maybe we'll be promoted before the Investigation begins!

Penalty for Non-Fulfilment of Fixture Obligations

31.1 Any Club failing to fulfil its fixture obligations in respect of any match under the jurisdiction of The League on the appointed date or dates or causing The League to suspend any fixture shall be deemed guilty of misconduct, unless the circumstances giving rise to such failure are outside the control of the Club and could not have been reasonably foreseen or reasonably anticipated and remedied prior to the match.

31.2 The Club failing to fulfil its fixture or causing The League to suspend such fixture shall be liable to pay compensation for any expenses actually incurred by the opposing Club as a direct result of the failure or suspension. The amount of compensation will be at the discretion of the Board who will consider every such case on its merits. The Board may refer the amount of compensation to be paid to the Disciplinary Commission dealing with the misconduct by the Club failing to fulfil its fixture or causing The League to suspend the same.

8 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Complete knobs, some will never learn. What is the IQ of a footballer?

Not just footballers- don't think those who run it or have run the game are all that either! Sepp Blatter, Shaun Harvey and Greg Clarke (FIFA, EFL, FA) to name 3!

Get the impression the FA especially has been badly run for years- but others aren't far behind. A Brain's Trust it surely is not.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Another outbreak and surely some disciplinary repercussion is due. 

You kept stating the club should be fined when we had the outbreak last November, back then you never explained why?

Perhaps you could explain why Bristol City should be punished? 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

You kept stating the club should be fined when we had the outbreak last November, back then you never explained why?

Perhaps you could explain why Bristol City should be punished? 

Plants, surely by now you must realise that Covid19 was started worldwide by Mark Ashton.

7 minutes ago, Bill the Bee said:

From my opinion unlike you we have been very lucky with injuries and tomorrow’s game could have been one game too far especially after wednesdays tough game .I couldn’t give a toss about these conspiracy theories our club has wished the staff of Bristol city a speedy recovery and accepted it no matter what the fans think. I look forward  to replaying this game and who knows we might all be be able to be there.

I hope the extra rest your team gets helps you to batter Tottenham in your semi final.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's hope all is above board at our end because taken from elsewhere, there would be sanctions possible. Suspect it'll be alright though.

@phantom Just have to bear in mind, in case any shortcomings do exist. I think nothing will come of it but we have to be certain as the EFL do investigate the circs behind every postponement.

I wonder why the Government hasn't taken up the EFL's obviously infallible track & trace system.

48 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agreed. If any player has caught it from their son or daughter the kids should be made to go without tea for a week.

Proper, proper old-school, non-of-this-namby-pamby child-centred, pre-snowflake and healthnsafety-gone-mad millenial-jessie bed-wetting pram-emptying, clip-round-the-ear, never-did-me-any-harm, anti-woke, 1970s discipline.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mind you the number of postponements and the speed at which they investigate- if we hit a miracle run, maybe we'll be promoted before the Investigation begins!

I don't think for one minute there would be anything underhand, for one thing we've never been smart enough to take advantage of situations .
I must admit I was a bit quizzical over the Lab shutting for the Bank Holiday, seems very strange in the current climate. But to use an excuse that is so easily checked would be ridiculous . As people have said, there are protocols in place, that would apply to reporting cases and reacting to cases too. I was taking the piss out of R*vers , when they called off games recently they didn't release how many cases or any details, we don't get to hear everything. 

In some way, I would be a little impressed if we did make a situation work in our favour. If there are people with minor symptoms and we genuinely can't double check, great. Call the game off and hope we have payers back in the 10 day window. I really don't think the Club would do that, Steve Lansdown comes across as a very straight laced guy. I also hope that it's all false positives or just cold symptoms, wouldn't wish COVID on anyone.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I read on the other thread, it maybe nothing- apologies if already posted- but the wording was interesting?

Mentioned the apparent Covid outbreak in our case, whereas Luton v QPR did not.

Would it not be just like us, or just our luck, to be the first to fall foul of this new tightening up by the EFL?

Semantics probably. Luton players have had tests and provided positive results, where as ours are suffering from "symptoms" and haven't been tested so nothing proved yet. 

Archived