IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Does he elaborate on social distancing measures taken or do we all just jump to conclusions.

How big do you think some of these dressing rooms are Tone? 
As I said earlier, I don’t care that it’s Ashton, Lansdown, they could have Noel effing Edmunds in there for all I care - the point is, why is a non-playing person in a dressing room - the players can’t even come out of the same bloody tunnel!! 

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks Dave. 
So this would suggest that the CEO is NOT allowed in the dressing room (as it’s a red zone)

Will be very interesting if we do come under an investigation and it transpires we’ve allowed persons into the red zone who should not be permitted. 

Flip me!! Are we effing stupid!!! 

462164F7-727A-4C87-B334-A444B131FE50.jpeg

47 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

It’s a private test centre, it has nothing to do with the current climate. 

My point is, at a time when tests are frequent and important it seems strange to close a Lab. 
Now I get everyone needs a break etc, but surely at the moment when cases are high and your customers (City) need tests & results, you would rotate staff to keep open. 
I would have thought it more likely that a Private facility would stay open over a Public one.

11 minutes ago, Henry said:

The players don’t even socially distance so I’m not sure what Ashton does makes a lot of difference.

But you are saying what he does could have made a difference. Make your mind up. However, at the end of the day the game is postponed due to Covid. Live with the fact instead of peddling conspiracy theories. If the dressing room is a red zone then I doubt he did what you say. Maybe Holdens words have been misrepresented. Who knows ? Who cares ? Move on and stop trying to make something out of (undoubtedly) nothing.

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

But you are saying what he does could have made a difference. Make your mind up. However, at the end of the day the game is postponed due to Covid. Live with the fact instead of peddling conspiracy theory. 

Think you’re getting me mixed up with Harry.

My main point on the subject is - that since football has restarted, covid measures are becoming more and more tokenistic 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thanks Dave. 
So this would suggest that the CEO is NOT allowed in the dressing room (as it’s a red zone)

Will be very interesting if we do come under an investigation and it transpires we’ve allowed persons into the red zone who should not be permitted. 

Flip me!! Are we effing stupid!!! 

462164F7-727A-4C87-B334-A444B131FE50.jpeg

Seems like it he shouldn't be even mixing if going by Holden's comments ? Ashton seems to spend a little to much time around the dressing room.

Just now, Redtucks said:

Really!!!

Isn't that why A & E is where you would ultimately go as a last resort?

Yep, you go to A&E because your NHS places are shut and you DON'T have Private health insurance. Plus A&E is for accidents and Emergency, not for run of the Mill tests. 

19 minutes ago, BigTone said:

But you are saying what he does could have made a difference. Make your mind up. However, at the end of the day the game is postponed due to Covid. Live with the fact instead of peddling conspiracy theories. If the dressing room is a red zone then I doubt he did what you say. Maybe Holdens words have been misrepresented. Who knows ? Who cares ? Move on and stop trying to make something out of (undoubtedly) nothing.

11 minutes ago, Henry said:

Think you’re getting me mixed up with Harry.

My main point on the subject is - that since football has restarted, covid measures are becoming more and more tokenistic 

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I am and I apologise

Ah right. So the ‘conspiracy nut job’ comments were aimed at me then?

Not sure what you want to see Tone? I’ve laid out facts for you. No conspiracy here. 

39 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Yep, you go to A&E because your NHS places are shut and you DON'T have Private health insurance. Plus A&E is for accidents and Emergency, not for run of the Mill tests. 

.......and when your (private) dentist is closed on Bank Holiday, and you need urgent treatment, you go to the (public) dental hospital.

Public health sevices are more likely available than private health sevices on Bank Holidays.

5 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

They were in a mass huddle with Luton prior to that shit show. Could come from anywhere. There's been an an ever observable attitude of malaise by players towards COVID at most games recently, this comes as no surprise.

I don't expect professional football to be functioning much longer in the current climate.  Season postponed shortly would be my guess. 

The positive is that we stay in the championship then and potentially don’t get relegated to league 1.

7 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

.......and when your (private) dentist is closed on Bank Holiday, and you need urgent treatment, you go to the (public) dental hospital.

Public health sevices are more likely available than private health sevices on Bank Holidays.

Actually I had a private dentist and he came out when closed, for emergencies. But back to the point.
We are talking about a Private Lab, dealing with Tests during a Pandemic.
You can't just nip to A&E, you are using a Lab for all players and staff and playing games every 3 days. Tests I imagine are fairly frequent.  As I say, I'm surprised they close, not just reduce staff or have a contingency plan.

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

You're looking for something that really isn't there.

They're using the word 'suspended' routinely and have been using it since September. There is only the very odd exception where they've used postponed.

Well it was a quick search, on Twitter, under @EFL_Comms account.

First one appeared to be from mid December but happy to search every single statement for a Covid related postponement this season and see whether it was postponed or suspended.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

This doesn’t seem like it was such a good idea now does it?? (Below)

As others have said, I’ve felt as if the ‘protocols’ have been a bit lax in football for a while now. 
Lots of hand shaking, group hugs etc. We even hear earlier that the likes of our own Mr Ashton, a CEO, is regularly popping into the dressing room before a match. Seems a bit wrong when really as few people as possible should be in there!! 

3E01D974-7EA2-40C0-B7F4-8D58CB184974.jpeg

At the time I thought it was a strange. Not kneeling? I'm guessing to appease the Luton fan base....so effectively a big group hug instead.

Madness tbh....if they don't want to take the knee just don't do it.

30 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Hard to fully understand what determines where a game is postponed and where a game goes ahead... 

they're making it up as they go along.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Who gives a shit. The situation today is a lot more serious than back in August so any protocol is outdated and totally meaningless. People seem to have this rather bizarre notion that the end of the pandemic is near and that normality is just around the corner. Dream on FFS. The worst is still to come.

Each to their own on the Pandemic timescale. Rapid vaccination of the vulnerable will show a pathway to some degree of normality.

As it stands, postponements/games not taking place are investigated. That's the starting point. Do I think there's any wrongdoing? No.

9 hours ago, Red Ferret said:

Eqq774aXMAA1BuX?format=jpg&name=large

Morons 

What was the pre match huddle for ? Questions must be asked we & Luton do this on Tuesday and our following games are then cancelled due to covid. 

I guess the argument will be the players will be in close contact during  the game so does a pre match huddle increase the risk that much ? But I agree the sequence of events after make it look bad 

15 hours ago, Bobbie said:

Yes what was that huddle about?? They go up in 2 coaches so not to sit next to each other and then they all stand arm in arm with the opposing team for a photo. Bizarre 

There’s a bit of a difference between 3 hours on a coach breathing the same air and a 5-10 second “huddle”

Archived