IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

11 hours ago, S25loyal said:

Yes, the players with symptoms. FA/ELF rules state the whole squad and backroom staff need testing. 

The players who have symptoms could have had tests done by the government but they would never had been back in time.

I don’t understand this though. If we test the whole team they could come back negative due to being pre-symptomatic.

like @Harry said I’ve never understood why a negative test makes footballers exempt from the 10 day self isolation. If they were getting tested daily it would catch things quicker at least but it sounds like they aren’t getting regularly tested at all so by the time the next player develop symptoms it could be half way round the team, staff and their families.

this is only getting worse.

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Thanks Dave. 
So this would suggest that the CEO is NOT allowed in the dressing room (as it’s a red zone)

Will be very interesting if we do come under an investigation and it transpires we’ve allowed persons into the red zone who should not be permitted. 

Flip me!! Are we effing stupid!!! 

462164F7-727A-4C87-B334-A444B131FE50.jpeg

Our manager held a meet and greet with fans in a pub, yes we are “effin stupid”

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t understand this though. If we test the whole team they could come back negative due to being pre-symptomatic.

like @Harry said I’ve never understood why a negative test makes footballers exempt from the 10 day self isolation. If they were getting tested daily it would catch things quicker at least but it sounds like they aren’t getting regularly tested at all so by the time the next player develop symptoms it could be half way round the team, staff and their families.

this is only getting worse.

Our manager held a meet and greet with fans in a pub, yes we are “effin stupid”

In theory, footballers shouldn’t be fully mixing with close contact there should be bubbles etc.

Hence why whole squads in theory do not need to self isolate, it shouldn’t be any different to normal workplaces. 

Remember close contact is within 2M for over 15 minutes etc, I would be hoping indoor contact is massively spaced out with good air flow and a lot is done outside.

Thats like saying the whole of an Asda store should close when Derek at the back of the store gets it and has never been in contact with the people on the tills. 

1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

In theory, footballers shouldn’t be fully mixing with close contact there should be bubbles etc.

Hence why whole squads in theory do not need to self isolate, it shouldn’t be any different to normal workplaces

Remember close contact is within 2M for over 15 minutes etc, I would be hoping indoor contact is massively spaced out with good air flow and a lot is done outside.

Thats like saying the whole of an Asda store should close when Derek at the back of the store gets it and has never been in contact with the people on the tills. 

Well that doesn’t fill me with confidence based on how some workplaces operate.

Its 15 mins at 2m, it’s a lot shorter time frame at closer distances plus they all celebrate together and fist bump etc now.

How many are in a footballer’s bubble and is it based on positional groups or friendship groups? It still doesn’t excuse that a negative test doesn’t make you safe, they could develop symptoms later that day

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well it was a quick search, on Twitter, under @EFL_Comms account.

First one appeared to be from mid December but happy to search every single statement for a Covid related postponement this season and see whether it was postponed or suspended.

Twitter's search isn't the most useful. The earliest one I can find is September 24th - https://twitter.com/EFL_Comms/status/1309179540049072128 - full statement: https://www.efl.com/news/2020/september/efl-statement-walsall-v-leyton-orient. Quickly followed by September 25th, September 28th, the use of postponed on October 3rd and October 13th, reverting to suspended on October 22nd and every one since except one further use of postponed on December 19th

5 hours ago, daored said:

What was the pre match huddle for ? Questions must be asked we & Luton do this on Tuesday and our following games are then cancelled due to covid. 

I guess the argument will be the players will be in close contact during  the game so does a pre match huddle increase the risk that much ? But I agree the sequence of events after make it look bad 

Also @Bobbie @Harry

Huddle surely was as alternative to taking the knee. Which incidentally would've presented less of a Covid risk.

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hmm, makes me wonder if we've heard the last of it.

Plenty of clubs in same boat though.

As David Moyes said, it’s something that needs to be sorted out across PL & EFL. Need to be consistent on how many positive tests constitutes a postponement.

55 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It will get worse. It’s too serious to be prevented by a few protocols despite what some on here would have you believe.

Not just talking football but generally.

History books will show this as a gross overreaction IMO, talking as a worldwide pattern.

As for this, the fact that Rotherham played v Barnsley as they feared punishment if a 3rd game on the bounce was off. AFC Wimbledon were ordered to play today.

It'll be investigated. Let's hope we have kept our house in order.

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

History books will show this as a gross overreaction IMO, talking as a worldwide pattern.

As for this, the fact that Rotherham played v Barnsley as they feared punishment if a 3rd game on the bounce was off. AFC Wimbledon were ordered to play today.

How is it an over reaction? You’ve posted this before. Hospitals are full in parts of the country, if we were doing any less I dread to think where we’d be.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The EFL ordered Wimbledon to play and after discussion with us and Brentford they ordered us not to play. Those are facts. I am now guessing that a combination of us reporting symptoms together with the fact our last opponents proved they had symptoms together with that group huddle we had with them to end racism was the reason they said don’t play. They COULD have treated us the same as Wimbledon but THEY didn’t.

What part of our house wouldn’t be in order?

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

How is it an over reaction? You’ve posted this before. Hospitals are full in parts of the country, if we were doing any less I dread to think where we’d be.

The only way people like this will understand what is happening is if it was themselves or their family in intensive care fighting for their lives. Until the attitude of these people changes drastically then this whole pandemic will continue on for many months / years to come. Beggars belief IMO.

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Ask the hundreds of thousands of people hospitalised with Covid and the families of the tens of thousands who have died in this country whether they think it’s an  over reaction?!! I am flabbergasted after all the facts that we are aware of people are STILL not taking Covid remotely seriously and all they seem to care about is whether a club should be punished in the technicality of a bloody game of football going ahead or not!!

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Ask the hundreds of thousands of people hospitalised with Covid and the families of the tens of thousands who have died in this country whether they think it’s an  over reaction?!! I am flabbergasted after all the facts that we are aware of people are STILL not taking Covid remotely seriously and all they seem to care about is whether a club should be punished in the technicality of a bloody game of football going ahead or not!!

Sadly this poster has said this multiple times in the politics thread, and been corrected every time.

I get people are fed up of covid and tired of the restrictions but it’s still here unfortunately and arguably at its worst right now because last time we had this many people in hospital (less actually, we’ve surpassed the peak figure in April) we were already in lockdown.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Bigger squads.

That and it costs Sky a lot of £££££££ if a game`s called off.

Just wonder at the chance of any of the players testing positive later on? But I suppose that could be the risk for any team.

City obviously taking precautions! 

44 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I wonder how Alan Sugar is feeling now that his brother and sister have died in the last fortnight having previously said words the affect of “nobody I know has COVID so we should carry on as normal”.

What can actually be done to stop footballers being such morons? By the sounds of things most of these infections could’ve been avoided. Why are they even allowed to make these mistakes? Spurs and West Ham players at a gathering, Man City players apparently in London with Fulham, like, what? Even our players are up to it, following them on Instagram I was seeing Bakinson swan off to London and hang with people in close contact, no shock he got it. 

Is it really that impossible for clubs to actually look after and control their players or do we have to go the NBA route of a one location bubble to actually finish these leagues? It’s ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

The only way people like this will understand what is happening is if it was themselves or their family in intensive care fighting for their lives. Until the attitude of these people changes drastically then this whole pandemic will continue on for many months / years to come. Beggars belief IMO.

Which is exactly why people who shouldn’t be in dressing rooms shouldn’t be in dressing rooms. 
You’ve been rather dismissive of that Tone, but it’s the same principle as that which you are arguing. 

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Feels almost inevitable there will be some sort of suspension in games again.

Yes, that should happen.  The problem is how to make up the postponed games.

What should happen is that some of the season is outright cancelled (say the FA cup) but no-one wants to take the financial hit.  If the league is shortened then the EFL have to give money back to Sky, if the FA Cup is cancelled the FA have to give money back.  If the Euros are cancelled then UEFA have to give money back.

If the Euros are fixed at 11th June-11th July 2021 (I would assume they can't be moved again as 2022 is World Cup year and 2023 is too close to the next Euros in 2024) then any prolonged postponement in Jan/Feb/Mar could mean that this season has to be finished in September/October.  The challenge then is how you right the calendar again (there will be some disruption for Qatar 2022 anyway).  Unfortunately, I see money being prioritised over player welfare.

Assuming the Euros happen, I would expect a much more level playing field than usual with teams like Czechia who have small leagues and more of their players playing domestically having less tired players.  

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Which is exactly why people who shouldn’t be in dressing rooms shouldn’t be in dressing rooms. 
You’ve been rather dismissive of that Tone, but it’s the same principle as that which you are arguing. 

Harry, when you are 100% certain he was in the dressing room with concrete evidence then come back and argue your point.

Other than that, I do have rather more pressing problems in my life that need my urgent attention rather than listening to rather tiresome conspiracies on here.

Sorry if I did not respond in your required timeframe.

1 hour ago, Loderingo said:

Yes, that should happen.  The problem is how to make up the postponed games.

What should happen is that some of the season is outright cancelled (say the FA cup) but no-one wants to take the financial hit.  If the league is shortened then the EFL have to give money back to Sky, if the FA Cup is cancelled the FA have to give money back.  If the Euros are cancelled then UEFA have to give money back.

If the Euros are fixed at 11th June-11th July 2021 (I would assume they can't be moved again as 2022 is World Cup year and 2023 is too close to the next Euros in 2024) then any prolonged postponement in Jan/Feb/Mar could mean that this season has to be finished in September/October.  The challenge then is how you right the calendar again (there will be some disruption for Qatar 2022 anyway).  Unfortunately, I see money being prioritised over player welfare.

Assuming the Euros happen, I would expect a much more level playing field than usual with teams like Czechia who have small leagues and more of their players playing domestically having less tired players.  

It wouldn't be, it'd be points per game or playing x amount of times a week to fit all games in before the hard deadline before the Euros. They won't infringe onto 21/22 unless it joined a plan for how to schedule around 2022 world cup

Archived