IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

Just now, phantom said:

Then apart from FA Cup progression in theory only 5 more midweek fixtures for the rest of the season

I would guess that is nothing unusual from here on in?

Imagine the scenes if we get a result up there

I have complete confidence we're going to get whopped 

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Then apart from FA Cup progression in theory only 5 more midweek fixtures for the rest of the season

Yeah, the catching up has mostly been done prior to Christmas, so we're only a game or two behind where we'd normally be at this stage of the season.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

This little burst, ie 5 games in 15 days aside, probably not so unusual now.

However worth noting that the late March international break has 2, maybe even 3 internationals scheduled. Could impact on a few of our players given we play Good Friday and Easter Monday!

Ireland aka O'Dowda have two. He's not an automatic pick for club or country though, all things being equal.

Hungary ie Nagy however, have 3! 3 in a week...

...As do Czech Republic ie Kalas.

No idea about national teams of Wells and Diedhiou and their schedules.

4 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Hopefully the reorganised date puts to bed any conspiracy theories, surely if 'the evil Mark Ashton' was using his position at the EFL to benefit us our game and Luton's would be reorganised later down the line.

Got that wrong didn’t I?

Doh!

in my defence I’d thought we were playing Next Friday, so I didn’t think we’d go Sunday / midweek / Friday....but I cocked up. ??

Just now, Davefevs said:

Got that wrong didn’t I?

Doh!

in my defence I’d thought we were playing Next Friday, so I didn’t think we’d go Sunday / midweek / Friday....but I cocked up. ??

Usually I think you'd be right anyway, but with no fans in the stands I thought they'd probably want it played asap to keep other midweeks free for later games that may need postponing so thought something could happen. 

No manager...no chance for Brentford?

Are Brentford seeking any call-off? Perhaps the tables can turn. Hope he's okay anyway.

Assuming game goes ahead on 13th, and think EFL have 3 reasons for rapid rescheduling. We'll have returning loanees available, Mawson return would be the big one however.

Anyway, 3 probable reasons are:

1) As many games as possible in case a short term call off.

2) Even up as much as possible in case PPG comes into play but half a season surely not enough?

3) To minimise the chance of a team with a lot of players injured or suspended having a much deeper squad later in the season. To try and preserve as best possible the integrity of the League basically.

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Got that wrong didn’t I?

Doh!

Condensed Version 

Dafydd's human

4 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Thomas Frank has tested positive in latest round, thats it cancel Wednesday's game and give us 3 points ?

I suppose it’s very possible he had Covid last Saturday, as it can take many days to reflect in a positive case.  Imagine had we played and he’d infected our whole squad.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I suppose it’s very possible he had Covid last Saturday, as it can take many days to reflect in a positive case.  Imagine had we played and he’d infected our whole squad.

Be interesting to see how many Tottenham players test positive next round of testing.

Guessing 2 days wouldn’t be long enough to show up. 

Brentford's side tonight is interesting...as is the number of subs.

Just one first choice starter in Pinnock and only 5 subs- and of those, Canos the only first choice! In terms of recognisable starters and then bench strengh, Middlesbrough have more out there.

Squad players and first reserves sure, but also some who fall below that...means one of two things tbh...

Just taken the lead though!

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brentford's side tonight is interesting...as is the number of subs.

Just one first choice starter in Pinnock and only 5 subs- and of those, Canos the only first choice! In terms of recognisable starters and then bench strengh, Middlesbrough have more out there.

Squad players and first reserves sure, but also some who fall below that...means one of two things tbh...

Just taken the lead though!

Mboro have Covid problems so there team is weaker than they would like.

Read a bit of their forum and a lot were irked but what appears to be the take of a sensible Brentford fan. Surely wrong about Mawson not being fit though! A little out of kilter on the loan recallls too.

My thoughts? I'm glad untested players with symptoms came nowhere near our squad. It is regrettable that they couldn't get the tests in time, seemingly with football league endorsement of that position (we'll see if they do require any other explanation). You presumably do not believe this could have happened, because it was all a stitch up. Once you've decided you've been conned I'm sure nothing and no-one will convince you otherwise. Sorry hear that if so. Remember we got away with postponing a home game against Birmingham in 2015 because we had a sh*t pitch, Birmingham fans would have actually paid to book travel for that game and almost nobody seemed to bat an eyelid at that "injustice".

My BC contact assures me none of their injured players will be fit for next week and they will still struggle to get a first XI out as they would have last week. If we are fretting over the players they recalled from league two loans then we have our work cut out beating anyone good! (I'm also told they were available for 2nd Jan anyway but I haven't fully fact checked these details...). We're playing them 11 days / 2 matches / 0 league matches later than planned. Shame JD won't be able to curl one in from the edge of the area again but let's just get on with it?

Line that might be of interest to a few, from another site.

Journalist Jim Levack, digs a little deeper into the sketchy circumstances that surrounded last weekend’s match suspension with Bristol City.

Injury-ravaged Bristol City could still face sanctions over the controversial postponement of their clash with Brentford despite the rearrangement of the fixture for next Wednesday.

Medical experts from the EFL are “actively examining” the timeline that led to the game being axed just over 24 hours before kick-off.

Full article below.

https://beesotted.com/sketchy-explanations-more-confusion-surrounds-bristol-city-match-suspension/

Do we have all of our ducks in a row here?

Seems to be some divergence in stories- from the same piece...⬇️

The spokesman revealed that the request to postpone came from Bristol City, whose CEO also sits on the EFL board.

Very much goes against what Holden stated. This piece is apparently citing an EFL spokesman.

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Read a bit of their forum and a lot were irked but what appears to be the take of a sensible Brentford fan. Surely wrong about Mawson not being fit though! A little out of kilter on the loan recallls too.

A sensible poster....wonder if it’s the person I was DMing about it on Twitter.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Line that might be of interest to a few, from another piece.

Full article below.

https://beesotted.com/sketchy-explanations-more-confusion-surrounds-bristol-city-match-suspension/

Do we have all of our ducks in a row here?

Seems to be some divergence in stories- from the same piece...⬇️

Very much goes against what Holden stated. This piece is apparently citing an EFL spokesman.

Personally I think Holden’s version of events didn’t all line up properly, but that doesn’t mean we pulled a fast one either.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A sensible poster....wonder if it’s the person I was DMing about it on Twitter.

Personally I think Holden’s version of events didn’t all line up properly, but that doesn’t mean we pulled a fast one either.

There are some out there...hell I'ver even had debates with sensible Derby fans on there!

?️‍♂️  I quite like a good mystery.

Definitely doesn't entirely stack up- will be interesting to see how this develops though.. those two versions can't both be right though, I don't think. My initial gut instinct was we had requested postponement owing to possible Covid cases. Safety first as EFL said, but still unsure we've heard the last of it.

Problem is no one has a clue what classes as a valid number/reason to postpone.

WSL we had 5 positives had to play, game off tomos Brighton have 2 positives. Birmingham ladies couldn’t get there game postponed due to Covid so now have had it called off for they say they can’t raise a team.

FA Cup teams fielding youth teams for have no fit players, if that’s a league game is that fair on the rest of the league they are playing weakened teams. 

Norwich played today with 3 positives yesterday announced, if they play midweek is that fair on the league them playing a weakened team. 

Middlesbrough have 50% of squad out should they play a league game midweek. Will this be a fair league if teams have to field weakened teams every week.

The EFL need to announce what is fair and what are the postponement criteria’s and if they think the league is going to be fairly decided.

Archived