Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Brentford postponed

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/brentford-match-postponed/

COVID-19 symptoms have today (Friday) become evident within the City squad.

Due to the New Year Bank Holiday closure of the testing laboratory, it has not been possible to arrange the testing of the entire squad and backroom staff ahead of tomorrow’s match at the Brentford Community Stadium.

Following discussions with Brentford and the English Football League the decision has been taken to postpone the game for the safety of players and staff of both clubs.

A new date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

Edited by Prinny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Part of the problem is that, according to the reports I have read, the EFL does not require regular testing but only tests if someone starts showing symptoms. Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

bearing in mind our current form, this may not be a bad thing, but Covid....again? No one called Dean Holden lucky

Exactly. The bloke has had very little luck. However this is a break for him. And us!

Just now, super slick said:

‘COVID symptoms’ 😉

Ideal just before an absolute pasting tomorrow. 

Yeah someone had a high temperature (or didn't, prove it), call the game off. Could be.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Slight concern we’ve been caught out by this twice now - obviously first time didn’t impact on fixtures

They were in a mass huddle with Luton prior to that shit show. Could come from anywhere. There's been an an ever observable attitude of malaise by players towards COVID at most games recently, this comes as no surprise.

I don't expect professional football to be functioning much longer in the current climate.  Season postponed shortly would be my guess. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hopefully, it won’t have the same impact as before when more than 10 were affected... 🤞🤞

Could be a blessing in disguise though in terms of our injury situation with next league game not now due for two weeks.....hopefully one or two could be back, along with KP back from Swansea

Worrying but absolutely right that safety should come first.

We won’t play a league game for a fortnight now, which can only be a good thing.

Time to get as many well as possible after this, some time to sort out the position of those on loan & get the “usual suspects” (Vyner, Hunt, Nagy, Martin & the like) some well deserved rest.

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

They were in a mass huddle with Luton prior to that shit show. Could come from anywhere. There's been an an ever observable attitude of malaise by players towards COVID at most games recently, this comes as no surprise.

I don't expect professional football to be functioning much longer in the current climate.  Season postponed shortly would be my guess. 

Yes what was that huddle about?? They go up in 2 coaches so not to sit next to each other and then they all stand arm in arm with the opposing team for a photo. Bizarre 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, WWred said:

100% buying time to improve the squad before we play them.

could be the biggest masterstroke in Holden’s reign yet!!

I really don’t think we’d do this. I’d hope not, anyway.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Yes what was that huddle about?? They go up in 2 coaches so not to sit next to each other and then they all stand arm in arm with the opposing team for a photo. Bizarre 

Totally bizarre.  From tentative fist bumps, and strict rules when football restarted to nothing now. Its symptomatic of wider society though; lots of COVID fatigue floating around. 

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 5