IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

How is it an over reaction? You’ve posted this before. Hospitals are full in parts of the country, if we were doing any less I dread to think where we’d be.

In fairness, hospitals are regularly full at this time of year, it's pretty standard to get emails from the local Trusts advising us not to admit to named hospitals as they are full. Been like that for years. It's why being booked in for your hip op in Jan is a bit optimistic. Obviously it's worse currently but probably not by as much as you'd imagine.

1 hour ago, Loderingo said:

Yes, that should happen.  The problem is how to make up the postponed games.

What should happen is that some of the season is outright cancelled (say the FA cup) but no-one wants to take the financial hit.  If the league is shortened then the EFL have to give money back to Sky, if the FA Cup is cancelled the FA have to give money back.  If the Euros are cancelled then UEFA have to give money back.

If the Euros are fixed at 11th June-11th July 2021 (I would assume they can't be moved again as 2022 is World Cup year and 2023 is too close to the next Euros in 2024) then any prolonged postponement in Jan/Feb/Mar could mean that this season has to be finished in September/October.  The challenge then is how you right the calendar again (there will be some disruption for Qatar 2022 anyway).  Unfortunately, I see money being prioritised over player welfare.

Assuming the Euros happen, I would expect a much more level playing field than usual with teams like Czechia who have small leagues and more of their players playing domestically having less tired players.  

Used to be a really good side in their own right- parts of mid to late 1990s and early to late 2000's!

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

The only way people like this will understand what is happening is if it was themselves or their family in intensive care fighting for their lives. Until the attitude of these people changes drastically then this whole pandemic will continue on for many months / years to come. Beggars belief IMO.

We'll only know in the long run, the full costs- costs of locking down vs not locking down, costs of mental health, suicides and the like- how many couldn't afford to miss key operations but because the NHS became the CHS. Only time will tell.

56 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Harry, when you are 100% certain he was in the dressing room with concrete evidence then come back and argue your point.

Other than that, I do have rather more pressing problems in my life that need my urgent attention rather than listening to rather tiresome conspiracies on here.

Sorry if I did not respond in your required timeframe.

Ok Tone. A simple “sorry Harry, you’re right” would’ve sufficed. ?
The fact that Holden offered this information up in an interview, is clearly a conspiracy on my part. 
This is rather strange behaviour - you’ve always been a respected poster. I’m a little confused how anyone who is stressing the adherence to strict rules in this pandemic, would try to defend the fact that our CEO is regularly frequenting the dressing room pre-match, which is an area designated as Covid Red Zone and thus not a place for a CEO to be. 

This is quite shambolic of the club and to be quite honest, I hope we are investigated and fined for breaking regulation. Football has been given a pass to continue, based on the so-say strict environment being adopted. Seems we think we can get away with it - well, I hope we’re punished. It’s wrong, plain and simple. And another thing, if my daughter’s school gets closed next week, but football is allowed to continue, I won’t be happy!! 

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We'll only know in the long run, the full costs- costs of locking down vs not locking down, costs of mental health, suicides and the like- how many couldn't afford to miss key operations but because the NHS became the CHS. Only time will tell.

There has been a lot of discussion/debate about cancer treatment and possibly delays of diagnosis since March 2020.

24 minutes ago, reddoc said:

In fairness, hospitals are regularly full at this time of year, it's pretty standard to get emails from the local Trusts advising us not to admit to named hospitals as they are full. Been like that for years. It's why being booked in for your hip op in Jan is a bit optimistic. Obviously it's worse currently but probably not by as much as you'd imagine.

Presumably we won’t know how much worse until we see the month on month and year on year numbers for comparison.

Getting back to the football, my personal view is that all leagues that want to complete their fixtures should have the same bubble arrangements as International cricket had earlier this year.

There are plenty of empty hotels that can be utilised, and many of the Prem teams have accommodation at their training grounds.

Parts of the game are awash with money, it should be spent on keeping people safe, until the vaccines are sufficiently deployed.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Ok Tone. A simple “sorry Harry, you’re right” would’ve sufficed. ?
The fact that Holden offered this information up in an interview, is clearly a conspiracy on my part. 
This is rather strange behaviour - you’ve always been a respected poster. I’m a little confused how anyone who is stressing the adherence to strict rules in this pandemic, would try to defend the fact that our CEO is regularly frequenting the dressing room pre-match, which is an area designated as Covid Red Zone and thus not a place for a CEO to be. 

This is quite shambolic of the club and to be quite honest, I hope we are investigated and fined for breaking regulation. Football has been given a pass to continue, based on the so-say strict environment being adopted. Seems we think we can get away with it - well, I hope we’re punished. It’s wrong, plain and simple. And another thing, if my daughter’s school gets closed next week, but football is allowed to continue, I won’t be happy!! 

Harry, you have zero chance of that happening. As I am sure you are aware the virus can be passed on in many ways. You have offered nothing concrete regarding MA being in the dressing room apart from something DH said that may well have been taken well out of context. You certainly don't know this for sure except seem happy to sprout the conspiracy theory that MA must have passed on the virus to our players. I hope sincerely for your daughters wellbeing that her school remains closed and she remains safe. I hope also that football is postponed indefinitely which seems inevitable. I hope also that my Mother receives proper hospital care in the final days of her life in a Covid ridden environment. I hope also my Father gets to see her before she passes. There is more to life than ******* football !!!  Frankly this shite being sprouted is getting ******* tiresome.

3 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

That's why he wanted onto the EFL board, so he could visit every Championship club

That's obviously what happened. We appoint the cheap option as manager and then infect all opposition clubs with Covid. A cunning well thought out plan.

2 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

That's why he wanted onto the EFL board, so he could visit every Championship club

That's obviously what's happened. We appoint a cheap option as manager and then infect every other club with Covid. A cunning and well thought out plan.

3 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

What can actually be done to stop footballers being such morons? By the sounds of things most of these infections could’ve been avoided. Why are they even allowed to make these mistakes? Spurs and West Ham players at a gathering, Man City players apparently in London with Fulham, like, what? Even our players are up to it, following them on Instagram I was seeing Bakinson swan off to London and hang with people in close contact, no shock he got it. 

Is it really that impossible for clubs to actually look after and control their players or do we have to go the NBA route of a one location bubble to actually finish these leagues? It’s ridiculous. 

In reality the NBA Bio Bubble route is, without mass vaccination of footballers and club staff, the only pragmatic way to get the season finished on time, particularly in the EFL. The problems are would players accept it and who pays for it?

14 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Harry, you have zero chance of that happening. As I am sure you are aware the virus can be passed on in many ways. You have offered nothing concrete regarding MA being in the dressing room apart from something DH said that may well have been taken well out of context. You certainly don't know this for sure except seem happy to sprout the conspiracy theory that MA must have passed on the virus to our players. I hope sincerely for your daughters wellbeing that her school remains closed and she remains safe. I hope also that football is postponed indefinitely which seems inevitable. I hope also that my Mother receives proper hospital care in the final days of her life in a Covid ridden environment. I hope also my Father gets to see her before she passes. There is more to life than ******* football !!!  Frankly this shite being sprouted is getting ******* tiresome.

Tone, maybe it’s best to take a break from the forum. You wouldn’t usually react in this way.

I really do hope your mother’s final few days are peaceful and painless. 

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

Tone, maybe it’s best to take a break from the forum. You wouldn’t usually react in this way.

I really do hope your mother’s final few days are peaceful and painless. 

Maybe I should but I just get wound up by people with preconceived opinions of others who then use every opportunity to beat them with a big stick.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I suspect the cost (not just lives as there is so much to consider) is far greater to continue with lockdowns than not and what’s going on right now is all short term stuff with an under funded nhs. Luckily the vaccine is coming so this debate ‘should’ be irrelevant soon. But we can’t continue as we are for much longer that’s for sure.

59 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

In reality the NBA Bio Bubble route is, without mass vaccination of footballers and club staff, the only pragmatic way to get the season finished on time, particularly in the EFL. The problems are would players accept it and who pays for it?

The league, the FA, the owners? If it becomes the only way I’m sure it’ll be paid for.

As far as the players, it’s their fault so y9I8672.gif?noredirect

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

That's obviously what's happened. We appoint a cheap option as manager and then infect every other club with Covid. A cunning and well thought out plan.

Cunning and well thought out. But apparently poorly executed. That’s Bristol City for you!

Seriously, so sorry to read what you’re going through, thoughts are with you and your family Tone. 

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

Maybe I should but I just get wound up by people with preconceived opinions of others who then use every opportunity to beat them with a big stick.

I've got some idea of what you're going through Tone, as you know I went through a very similar experience but in reverse before my mum passed away in May. I also feel that footballers should be in their own bubble away from everyone else, if not then postpone the season, imo those caught in breach of the rules should be jailed for 14days, then we'd all know where they were. 

Aside from all that, I want you to know that our thoughts are with you mate, its a very tough time but I feel sure you'll get through it. As for the knees, I've had both knees & hips replaced & they were some of the best decisions I've ever made.

Take care & stay safe Tone.

On 01/01/2021 at 18:13, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`ve just had an email telling me the Robins TV tenner has been refunded - I`m surprised as I thought it would just stay valid for the rearranged game. It would complicate matters though I suppose if that game was picked for Sky or whatever so it`s probably simpler to refund and then pay again.

Fair play for refunding it so quick though.

Spoke too soon! I`ve just checked my bank statement online and they haven`t refunded the tenner, they`ve taken it out again!

I presume it`s a cock up and it will be corrected but might be worth everyone keeping an eye on things.

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I was hospitalised last January and February, nearly cashed in my S.T. and have on going concerns, but no follow up at all, what I do know is China has created the perfect storm for the west, I wonder what they have up their sleeves for 2021?

18 hours ago, reddoc said:

I get that, but many places are saying it’s worse. London had its busiest Boxing Day, 8000 calls as opposed to 5500 last year. Head of London Ambulance saying it’s the busiest they’ve ever been and like I say my friends here in the East saying it’s worse than they’ve known - and January usually gets busier anyway. It’s not like the hospitals are just full, the daily admissions are getting higher every day.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is there a good chance our FA Cup tie will be off as well?

I really don’t subscribe to the negative attitude normally . However , with the fixture & injury list the way it is , I’d be very happy for us to play a team full of kids in the cup and if we lose then fine. Getting back on track in the league is far more important  . I understand winning breads confidence etc , but the F.A. Cup is irrelevant this season imo . 

24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I really don’t subscribe to the negative attitude normally . However , with the fixture & injury list the way it is , I’d be very happy for us to play a team full of kids in the cup and if we lose then fine. Getting back on track in the league is far more important  . I understand winning breads confidence etc , but the F.A. Cup is irrelevant this season imo . 

The only downside is any money we might make out of a cup run, admittedly only tv money this time around.

On 01/01/2021 at 23:51, Lenners said:

Skullduggery.

**** Brentford fans, tinpot *****.

Wasn't there a problem with Brentford's floodlights at one end that postponed a City game some seasons ago? I believe it was when we were on a good run, Ha ha!  If I remember rightly it was only a couple of them at one end that had failed and there was a big outcry here on OTIB that the game could have been played. I believe it was started by a forum poster who lived near the stadium and posted a photo of the offending lights. Perhaps I got it wrong, but I am sure it was the Brentford night match.

2 hours ago, Blackbird1 said:

I was hospitalised last January and February, nearly cashed in my S.T. and have on going concerns, but no follow up at all, what I do know is China has created the perfect storm for the west, I wonder what they have up their sleeves for 2021?

Hope you're on the right road health wise now.

China are big winners from this. So to a lesser extent (not accusing them of anything) are East Asia, geopolitics wise. Huge difference in disruption to economy and normal life from what I read. Shift of wealth and influence East surely has accelerated in the last year.

43 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I may be wrong, but under the FA Cup rules aren't teams suppose to field a team that has a certain number of players who played in the game before the cup game. Perhaps it's the League Cup, does anyone know of this rule?

Archived