IGNORED

Brentford postponed

Prinny

4 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Infections, hospitalisations and deaths are spiralling upwards, hence the ever increasing breaches of bubbles.  The next two months are going to be truly horrific.  Football will need to be suspended.

Agree

...but this sounds very convenient for City right now

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

So Gregor says the testing lab is league appointed so I'm sure the EFL know if they're available to do tests today and provide results in time for City to compile a squad with negative test results. 

Of course the EFL know. But we’re out of form and therefore wet wipes prefer to claim for a fact that the appointed test centre is open when the truth is they don’t have a ******* clue!!

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Depends when Luton found out compared to us doesnt. It?

Guessing today for they’ve just called it off. 

We played them Tuesday night, so if they had symptoms they should of told us after game or Wednesday and we would of get tested Wednesday. 

Either Luton played us with Covid in there squad and didn’t say anything. Have had tests but not said anything which is poor from them.

I think it's certainly convenient.  We'll know next week when the results come back - if the results are all negative it tells it's own story.  Bristol Bears have had one positive test and had to stand down several players today and isolate them. Pat Lam did say the authorities had complemented their COVID proceedures and PL specifically name checked their "Head of Covid" and what excellent proceedures he had implemented.  Presumably we have the same person advising the football?? 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Whereas if Luton found out yesterday their appointed test centre may have been open.

Why didn’t they tell us yesterday to get tested for we played them Tuesday night. If they got results Yesterday would of meant they had tests Tuesday when we played them or Wednesday day after. Surely we should of been warned and took tests just in case. 

Just seems the EFL are getting more and more lax in there handling of Covid. People can’t play football in tier 4 areas but EFL clubs can play with no testing, what’s the difference between EFL and man on the street. Only difference is EFL has to be finished by May for Euros are taking place and PL money is waiting for promoted clubs.

48 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

They were in a mass huddle with Luton prior to that shit show. Could come from anywhere. There's been an an ever observable attitude of malaise by players towards COVID at most games recently, this comes as no surprise.

I don't expect professional football to be functioning much longer in the current climate.  Season postponed shortly would be my guess. 

With a 99.9% recovery rate and 99.2 not having symptoms or effects when they 'catch covid' im pretty sure this billion pound industry will do just fine 

1 minute ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Why didn’t they tell us yesterday to get tested for we played them Tuesday night. If they got results Yesterday would of meant they had tests Tuesday when we played them or Wednesday day after. Surely we should of been warned and took tests just in case. 

Just seems the EFL are getting more and more lax in there handling of Covid. People can’t play football in tier 4 areas but EFL clubs can play with no testing, what’s the difference between EFL and man on the street. Only difference is EFL has to be finished by May for Euros are taking place and PL money is waiting for promoted clubs.

I’m convinced that the EFL season will end up being scrapped. Too many games being postponed, simple maths tells you we aren’t far away from a scenario when the season cannot be completed in time without a schedule that would be just plain stupid. Common sense would have dictated scrapping cup competitions this season but the FA and EFL don’t deal in that.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m convinced that the EFL season will end up being scrapped. Too many games being postponed, simple maths tells you we aren’t far away from a scenario when the season cannot be completed in time without a schedule that would be just plain stupid. Common sense would have dictated scrapping cup competitions this season but the FA and EFL don’t deal in that.

Personally think it’s more likely the Euros will be scrapped if needs be. We shall see. 

Just now, Redwhitepurple said:

With a 99.9% recovery rate and 99.2 not having symptoms or effects when they 'catch covid' im pretty sure this billion pound industry will do just fine 

You tool.  It's not just the players though is it?  They go home and mix with families, go shopping, their families go mix with the wider population. Yes, its not serious for the vast majority; but for some it's fatal. If football  - and it is - is contributing to this spread, they need to shut it down.  

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

You tool.  It's not just the players though is it?  They go home and mix with families, go shopping, their families go mix with the wider population. Yes, its not serious for the vast majority; but for some it's fatal. If football  - and it is - is contributing to this spread, they need to shut it down.  

You took the bait ;) 

Just now, sticks 1969 said:

Won’t be scrapped to much money involved just played in a different format or behind closed doors 

Not too sure when you factor in all the big leagues across Europe and the Champions League of course with all the politics involved in that as well as the mountains of cash.  We shall see though - all conjecture atm. 

2 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Won’t be scrapped to much money involved just played in a different format or behind closed doors 

Given some England cricketers had to spend up to 6 months in bio secure bubbles shouldn't be too much to ask footballers to have to do it for up to 6 weeks

I`ve just had an email telling me the Robins TV tenner has been refunded - I`m surprised as I thought it would just stay valid for the rearranged game. It would complicate matters though I suppose if that game was picked for Sky or whatever so it`s probably simpler to refund and then pay again.

Fair play for refunding it so quick though.

Archived