Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Brentford postponed


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's hope players alright for a start.

@chinapig article has the following bit which could be pertinent.

Already touched upon it. I note that in Italy in October, when Napoli were not allowed to travel, to Juventus by local health authority, the Italian Federation awarded a 3-0 to Juventus who turned up to kick off by themselves and docked Napoli a point.

All postponements are still investigated. Unless there's nothing to investigate here of course.

Napoli recently won an appeal against that decision though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Given some England cricketers had to spend up to 6 months in bio secure bubbles shouldn't be too much to ask footballers to have to do it for up to 6 weeks

Who pays for the staff and players of 92 clubs to stay in bio secure bubbles (ie dedicated hotels who will have to forfeit income from all other rooms) for weeks on end. I bet Steve Lansdown wouldn’t be volunteering to stump up the cash for us and I dont blame him tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It will be investigated but we won’t get done for calling the game off against EFL protocol as they had the final say in conjunction with us and Brentford. As I said earlier the EFL could have said “you will play”. I would argue the club has been responsible for bringing it to their attention however convenient some may think. It wasn’t a unilateral decision by us not to play.

Okay thanks- reading subsequent stuff on it, including Gregor's tweets makes me a bit more confident.

2nd postponement though- in the event it drags into multiple games, we could have a problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prinny said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/brentford-match-postponed/

COVID-19 symptoms have today (Friday) become evident within the City squad.

Due to the New Year Bank Holiday closure of the testing laboratory, it has not been possible to arrange the testing of the entire squad and backroom staff ahead of tomorrow’s match at the Brentford Community Stadium.

Following discussions with Brentford and the English Football League the decision has been taken to postpone the game for the safety of players and staff of both clubs.

A new date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

How can this happen ?  Our very own Barmy Dick called Alan from the Army has made it clear in a previous thread that no such thing could happen because footballers live in a different world and we are all stupid.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hope everyone affected gets well soon, entirely right thing to do. 

Football surely needa suspending again now. 

Doesn't need that many more postponements and some clubs will be playing at least twice a week every single week with the odd three timer to get the season done.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay thanks- reading subsequent stuff on it, including Gregor's tweets makes me a bit more confident.

2nd postponement though- in the event it drags into multiple games, we could have a problem?

I think football (in the EFL) will end up with such a fixture pile up that it will all be academic anyway. You’ve just got to look at the ever increasing case stats and the time it will take to get 60% of the population vaccinated (we don’t have enough bloody bottles to put the vaccines in even) to see this is a problem that is here to stay for the foreseeable........

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

How can this happen ?  Our very own Barmy Dick called Alan from the Army has made it clear in a previous thread that no such thing could happen because footballers live in a different world and we are all stupid.

The arrogance of the EFL and the government is breathtaking.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Doesn't need that many more postponements and some clubs will be playing at least twice a week every single week with the odd three timer to get the season done.

The second half of the season is slightly less condensed than the first half, but, yeah, too many postponements will eventually cause probs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Who pays for the staff and players of 92 clubs to stay in bio secure bubbles (ie dedicated hotels who will have to forfeit income from all other rooms) for weeks on end. I bet Steve Lansdown wouldn’t be volunteering to stump up the cash for us and I dont blame him tbh.

Was on about the euros this summer, players could easily bio secure bubble for that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

An alternative is stop professional sport for a fortnight and to vaccinate all “designated professional sport staff” if professional sport in this country is deemed culturally important enough? If you take football and rugby at pro level that will be 10k players and staff tops? Then go and finish the season.

Obviously Nakhi will refuse but that isn’t exactly the end of the world on current form!!!

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Was on about the euros this summer, players could easily bio secure bubble for that 

Oh right, agreed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think football (in the EFL) will end up with such a fixture pile up that it will all be academic anyway. You’ve just got to look at the ever increasing case stats and the time it will take to get 60% of the population vaccinated (we don’t have enough bloody bottles to put the vaccines in even) to see this is a problem that is here to stay for the foreseeable........

Can't even give those that have had their first vaccination their required second so it seems. What is the point ? We need our Barmy Army Dick Alan to take control of what is obviously the complete nationwide conspiracy that we find ourselves in. Go Al, save us from ourselves !!!

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tin said:

How convenient. I’d like to know, once the test centres are open, how many have tested positive as this reeks of Trashton to me. Delaying the inevitable. 

Yes, of course, that must be the reason

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst people will think something sinister is afoot there have been 16 fixtures called off since Xmas day so it could just be for real. if so i hope everyone involved is okay Life is more important than sport

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, westonred said:

Whilst people will think something sinister is afoot there have been 16 fixtures called off since Xmas day so it could just be for real. if so i hope everyone involved is okay Life is more important than sport

Don't come on here talking sense matey !!  Really some people.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Doesn't need that many more postponements and some clubs will be playing at least twice a week every single week with the odd three timer to get the season done.

They will have a circuit breaker to the season at some point very soon but either way you are correct.

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

My Apologies Tone ;)

Accepted, but please behave from here on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

Nagy resorted to chain smoking 20 Marlboro reds...got himself a cough. Job done.

Tommy D back is he...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SinéadB said:

Luton have had to call off their game tomorrow due to covid positive tests, so it's possible we've got some covid from them. 

Don't the so called experts say that it takes up to three weeks before Covid symptoms show? Although self isolation is only up to 14 days.  IMO,  as the game as it played is a contact sport, it is impossible for any social distancing, so the virus can be passed on at any time that they are playing. Just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Don't the so called experts say that it takes up to three weeks before Covid symptoms show? Although self isolation is only up to 14 days.  IMO,  as the game as it played is a contact sport, it is impossible for any social distancing, so the virus can be passed on at any time that they are playing. Just saying.

I thought it was 5 days max.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...