IGNORED

Bristol Sport Getting Attention

REDOXO

As a few know due to business etc I spend most of my time in North America. Occasionally I actually meet someone that knows something about us, ranging from knocking United out to Webster, Brownhill Reid etc.

Over the holidays I got chatting to a guy that works in ‘sports industry and when I mentioned City his ears pricked up. The immediate response was ‘mmm Rugby is getting popular’.’ (He meant in the USA, which it is, thanks to NBC) Slightly shocked that an American had put City and the Bears in the same sentence, I perused the comment a little, what came back appeared to be the only thing lacking at Bristol Sport is a Premier League football club.

Then of course the Burnley thing went through.I’m not at all sure of the value by any means, of the Bristol Sport “franchise” but right now, it must be more valuable than it has ever been!

Anyway Happy New Year to everyone!

Interesting article in the FT 28th December. Bristol Sport might be an attractive target.

"Private capital’s rush into the business of sport Institutional investors see long-term opportunities from short-term disruption, but there are risks The owner of Liverpool FC, which won England’s Premier League in 2020, is in talks to go public in the US via a special purpose acquisition company "

To make money in English football, the club has to be in the Premier League. The Championship is definitely not the division for those looking to turn a profit as it involves relatively large amounts of investment with at least 12 clubs every season vying for promotion, and for 9 out of those 12 disappointment and limited returns. Add in FFP and parachute payments and you can see the problems!

I can’t see SL cashing in on his investment any time soon, especially as a large part of it is the real estate, as much as the clubs that constitute Bristol Sport. That said nothing is impossible...

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

To make money in English football, the club has to be in the Premier League. The Championship is definitely not the division for those looking to turn a profit as it involves relatively large amounts of investment with at least 12 clubs every season vying for promotion, and for 9 out of those 12 disappointment and limited returns. Add in FFP and parachute payments and you can see the problems!

I can’t see SL cashing in on his investment any time soon, especially as a large part of it is the real estate, as much as the clubs that constitute Bristol Sport. That said nothing is impossible...

New development of the new basketball arena will increase the stock even more and will certainly attract the American market, BT sport also coverage the rugby /BT sport/ESPN so Bristol sport will certainly get noticed In America.

Archived