IGNORED

Spurs & West Ham players

daored

Words fail me, and then to post on the internet! 

Tottenham and West Ham have slammed a group of their players for breaking Covid-19 rules with a gathering on Christmas Day.

Spurs trio Erik Lamela, Giovani Lo Celso, Sergio Reguilon and Hammers star Manuel Lanzini were pictured together with their families.

The image posted on Instagram is believed to have been taken inside Lo Celso's house.

People living in Tier 4 areas were prohibited to meet with other households indoors due to Government guidelines.

The picture shows the four players together with 11 other adults, two children and a baby.

Replicas of the Ligue 1 and Coupe de la Ligue trophies, which Lo Celso won during his time at Paris Saint-Germain, can be seen in the background.

3 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

When will they realise everyone has a camera these days 

would never had done 90 % of the things we did 30 years ago in to days world with social media and cameras everywhere 

I think they knew the camera was there... 

This wasn't a case of being caught out by an eagle eyed member of the public. Just some stupid people thinking a photo of their great night needed to be saved. 

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I think they knew the camera was there... 

This wasn't a case of being caught out by an eagle eyed member of the public. Just some stupid people thinking a photo of their great night needed to be saved. 

Sorry didn’t see this picture 

4 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

If others caught could be fined £1000 then theses players should be fined Ian amount respective to their earnings.

All the non players should also be fined!

Absolutely no excuse from any of them

The problem is I’m fairly sure no fines are being handed out retrospectively. Their clubs should probably fine them but the police etc won’t take any action - and they wouldn’t if you or I did it either

4 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

If others caught could be fined £1000 then theses players should be fined Ian amount respective to their earnings.

All the non players should also be fined!

Absolutely no excuse from any of them

Yep, especially the baby - looks like the ringleader to me.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

The problem is I’m fairly sure no fines are being handed out retrospectively. Their clubs should probably fine them but the police etc won’t take any action - and they wouldn’t if you or I did it either

Sadly you are probably right.

It would be good if the clubs fined their players and made an example of them to discourage others.

Unfortunately these footballer are a small representation of thousands of other stupid and selfish people in this country who don't give a damn about Covid and can't be bothered to wear a mask or socially distance. 

We shouldn't waste the vaccine on them and If they get ill, the NHS should refuse to treat them. 

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Unfortunately these footballer are a small representation of thousands of other stupid and selfish people in this country who don't give a damn about Covid and can't be bothered to wear a mask or socially distance. 

We shouldn't waste the vaccine on them and If they get ill, the NHS should refuse to treat them. 

100% agree.  Shame though that COVID can't target people in society like that alone.

I think the Government/authorities missed a trick with COVID. They should have made a raw, no holding back documentary showing what it's like in hospital for patients and staff. Warts and all. Showing the suffering, the pain and the dying, the effects on friends and family members and the staff putting themselves at risk, the huge amounts of stress and exhaustion. Play that un-edited on TV and maybe some will start to get the message. 

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I think the Government/authorities missed a trick with COVID. They should have made a raw, no holding back documentary showing what it's like in hospital for patients and staff. Warts and all. Showing the suffering, the pain and the dying, the effects on friends and family members and the staff putting themselves at risk, the huge amounts of stress and exhaustion. Play that un-edited on TV and maybe some will start to get the message. 

I remember watching one news programme covering northern Italy.  It was horrific.  The town was like a ghost town, families sobbing, etc.

Whereas our PM was laughing and joking about shaking hands.

5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Too late now but so spot on. People still not taking it seriously and honestly thinking that footballers should be immune to it simply by following a few protocols. Thick as two short planks.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Too late now but so spot on. People still not taking it seriously and honestly thinking that footballers should be immune to it simply by following a few protocols. Thick as two short planks.

More money than sense, the fine if they get one, will mean nothing to them. The clubs won’t act either as the players know they are of value to them and won’t be suspended. Maybe a few weeks spent scrubbing hospital toilets or something might focus their minds.

And this is only one group, no doubt thousands of people could post similar images of their gathering. Meanwhile many spend a lonely time doing the right thing. 

11 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Think this is part of the problem and have been saying the same, in the early days you got to see some of the suffering in hospitals, but now you just get the daily death toll which has become just a number to some people, not loved family members

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Sadly you're probably right. There's something seriously wrong that needs to be addressed when a group of people that have heard the messaging and rules for the last year, in addition to stict rules from their employers and still think its OK to ignore them all and then post a photo on the Internet effectively shopping themselves.  Fines and apologies are meaningless now. 

21 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

There were plenty of news articles , and panorama style programmes back in March / April, from numerous countries including our own

Ive seen a fair bit of ‘life’ but they were alarming

Anyone watching those and not shocked and on red alert needs a brain realignment

* As for the MORONS in that picture , I’d like to see them banned for 3 months - a short custodial sentence would be my actual wish , fines don’t impact on these morons

Archived