IGNORED

Mobile phone

BigTone

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Have you tried turning it off,taking out the sim card then putting it back in again Tone?Sometimes that will clear it.

Have turned it off to reboot but never thought about the sim. Will try that. Ta muchly.

30 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I had an iPhone that was messing about. Found giving the ear plug socket a clean sorted. Lots of stuff built up inside it and was pushing on the socket. 

Maybe won’t sort it but worth a look.

My daughter had an iPhone that went absolutely nuts after rain got into it. She didn’t realise this at the time, certainly wasn’t soaked or anything, just answered a call in the rain and a couple of hours afterwards played up. We were at Glastonbury with limited supplies but managed a Google. So with the aid of tissue and a cotton bud we managed to dry out the ear plug socket and the phone lasted for many months after. 

Its not always the obvious things.

18 hours ago, RedM said:

My daughter had an iPhone that went absolutely nuts after rain got into it. She didn’t realise this at the time, certainly wasn’t soaked or anything, just answered a call in the rain and a couple of hours afterwards played up. We were at Glastonbury with limited supplies but managed a Google. So with the aid of tissue and a cotton bud we managed to dry out the ear plug socket and the phone lasted for many months after. 

Its not always the obvious things.

Not a phone playing up or anything, but once had to walk to Avon Valley from Kingswood to do some work, was a lovely day/evening when I left but about 30 minutes before I got there an absolute downpour came down, just at the time I had tried to give my Dad a call.

It went to answerphone and the rain was so heavy the screen stopped responding to anything and I couldn't dry it.

The result was a 4 or 5 minute long voicemail of muffled sounds of me trying to end the call.

Phone was working perfectly fine afterwards though, was just the sheer amount of water on the screen from the downpour that stopped it responding until it was dried.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not a phone playing up or anything, but once had to walk to Avon Valley from Kingswood to do some work, was a lovely day/evening when I left but about 30 minutes before I got there an absolute downpour came down, just at the time I had tried to give my Dad a call.

It went to answerphone and the rain was so heavy the screen stopped responding to anything and I couldn't dry it.

The result was a 4 or 5 minute long voicemail of muffled sounds of me trying to end the call.

Phone was working perfectly fine afterwards though, was just the sheer amount of water on the screen from the downpour that stopped it responding until it was dried.

Did you not think to dry the screen off? ?

2 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Did you not think to dry the screen off? ?

No, I'm so stupid I couldn't possibly think of that.

Of course I ******* did, the problem was it made no difference. 

The rain was so heavy that the clothes I was wearing were completely soaked through within about a minute of the rain starting, wiped the screen on my top/trousers and just got a spread of wetness across it, and then it was instantly bombarded with rain.

57 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, I'm so stupid I couldn't possibly think of that.

Of course I ******* did, the problem was it made no difference. 

The rain was so heavy that the clothes I was wearing were completely soaked through within about a minute of the rain starting, wiped the screen on my top/trousers and just got a spread of wetness across it, and then it was instantly bombarded with rain.

Temper temper, lighten up

Archived