IGNORED

Brunt gone

CyderInACan

But what about his great leadership and experience that he could help the team with? What happened to that?

AND, AND AND AND

Most of the season, not the rest of the season.

So we decided that paying him off was better than having him back at the end of the year.

WOW

I cant recall many times this has happened before? And usually the club would allow him access to medical and training facilities like with maenpaa, i assume he will go back to west brom and use the facilities there?

Good luck to him, i wouldnt go as far as saying this has been a disaster but it doesnt reflect well on whoever wanted him in

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I cant recall many times this has happened before? And usually the club would allow him access to medical and training facilities like with maenpaa, i assume he will go back to west brom and use the facilities there?

Good luck to him, i wouldnt go as far as saying this has been a disaster but it doesnt reflect well on whoever wanted him in

How has it not been a disaster!? Spunked a load of wages on a complete has been who contributed nothing but took up a wage.....& may well of been the reason Korey Smith was let go!!!

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

How has it not been a disaster!? Spunked a load of wages on a complete has been who contributed nothing but took up a wage.....& may well of been the reason Korey Smith was let go!!!

Korey was let go due to the numbers in midfield prior to Brunt signing. Brunt was then added on a cheap wage to add extra experience 5o the squad.

Brunt was never the Korey replacement, Williams was.

1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

I thought it was known we offered KS a contract but Swansea offered better? 

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

We would have paid a significant sum to terminate the contract!

Fair point. Does that get accounted for in a different column to the salary costs/budgets though? Or is that a bit to 'Football Manager fantasy' way of thinking about it compared to reality?

Just now, Bassomylord said:

Korey was let go due to the numbers in midfield prior to Brunt signing. Brunt was then added on a cheap wage to add extra experience 5o the squad.

Brunt was never the Korey replacement, Williams was.

Hopefully that was the case, as i said “may” have been the reason Korey went, which i wasn’t against at the time as it did seem sensible on paper....but the Brunt deal never looked like it was gonna be a master stroke.  I don’t believe Brunt was on cheap wage.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I thought it was known we offered KS a contract but Swansea offered better? 

Possibly, as i said “may” have been a contributing reason to not perhaps offering what Smith wanted, so not fully sure, either way hindsight is a thing of beauty.

Archived