IGNORED

Brunt gone

CyderInACan

If they've mutually agreed to terminate his contract they would've agreed a settlement of some sort. For Brunt to agree to it, I'd be surprised if it would free up that much space on the wage bill. A suitably bizarre ending to a confusing transfer. 

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Something odd here.

Signed as much for influence off the pitch and around the dressing room and yet not kept in and around the club in any capacity?

Perhaps Brunt wanted out though. Who knows. May have been mutual which would have kept the termination payment down. He may prefer to move on and plan his future. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Hopefully that was the case, as i said “may” have been the reason Korey went, which i wasn’t against at the time as it did seem sensible on paper....but the Brunt deal never looked like it was gonna be a master stroke.  I don’t believe Brunt was on cheap wage.

brunt was on a cheap wage im not in the know usually but I do know this.

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

Maybe he's been offered a coaching role somewhere? Maybe back at WBA. The timing with his injury has helped him decide to go for it. ?‍♂️

Maybe we ran out of beds in the Injury room.

Yes I was thinking a coaching role. Big Sam may have something for him. 

He was only signed until the summer anyway. I think it was soon evident to all he wasn’t the player he once was. Sad to see a player injured but the injury seems to have made the decision which suited all parties maybe? I doubt if on what we saw we would have extended his contract, maybe this depended on appearances which wouldn’t have been triggered. 

I see we now have recalled Pring.

5 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Just adding in

Gerard Lavin 
Grant Smith
Dave Partridge

I actually didn’t mind Lavin bar that Reading madness, Smith endeared himself to me with a goal in a friendly at the Gas, Partridge was shit. Brunt was worse than all three though, IMHO. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

How has it not been a disaster!? Spunked a load of wages on a complete has been who contributed nothing but took up a wage.....& may well of been the reason Korey Smith was let go!!!

Im not convinced brunt signing for 1 year affected morrell and smith leaving.

in terms of a free transfer, getting him in was in the same league as gerard lavin, nicky hunt etc, ie poor. But as it stands, the loss on brunt is little compared to engvall, and a load of others over the last 5 years who have contributed practically nothing. And im hoping 2.5 million on joe williams isnt a massive waste too

31 minutes ago, Olé said:

So we didn't sign him for his leadership off the pitch?

Yes, he was going to organise the 2021  players' Christmas vaccine party, which was a real shot in the arm. Mind you, he'd have to go a long way to beat Jody Morris; 'He's your mate and he still hasn't played you?' - 11 Bristol City transfer flops fans would rather forget - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Archived