IGNORED

Brunt gone

CyderInACan

17 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

What a laughable state this club is in with those at the helm both clueless in  selecting players or managers or coaches.

Do you have any other generic comments that can be found on the forum of almost every football club in the country, on every day of the week?

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Before any smartarse says "If I played that badly I would do the decent thing and leave voluntarily"

That line always makes me laugh. When has anyone ever encountered anyone who left a job because they were shit at it?

Sometimes people leave because they are stressed out by the job or feel it wasn't what they expected. But no one I've ever met has said: "I'm useless. I'll quit to help the organisation out."

It kind of goes with the territory of incompetence that the shit workers overestimates their own capabilities.  See 10 Downing Street or the White House for examples!

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Memo to Mark -

New stationary required 

45C81123-A5C8-4212-923A-F4B39A3FD938.jpeg

That makes a reasonable point in a humorous way.

When we assess Mark Ashton's value to the club in terms of good prices attained in player sales, we must set it against the cost to the club of the many, many duds brought here during the time he has controlled recruitment.

Their cost is more than just wages and signing-on fees, but lost opportunities to progress as a side.

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Why do you bother then? You clearly hate everyone and everything involved with the club and can't get any enjoyment out of it.

Yep, if the embarrassment levels are that high that he/she can no longer take it any more then there is always the option of not bothering with football at all.............or perhaps change allegiance to what they deem to be a less embarrassing football club? But having taken a swipe at the club like that you can bet your last penny they will find your response offensive!!

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

When we assess Mark Ashton's value to the club in terms of good prices attained in player sales, we must set it against the cost to the club of the many, many duds brought here during the time he has controlled recruitment.

Their cost is more than just wages and signing-on fees, but lost opportunities to progress as a side.

My biggest frustration RR and one of the biggest of my decades supporting

The slim but talented squad , full of character , that SC left , was a golden opportunity to build on , with real momentum - IMHO the MA / LJ double act completely wasted that opportunity

We still had a chance in January 19 to build either with , or off the back of sales of the remnants of that side but again wasted the opportunity

We are atm looking a mess 

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That line always makes me laugh. When has anyone ever encountered anyone who left a job because they were shit at it?

Sometimes people leave because they are stressed out by the job or feel it wasn't what they expected. But no one I've ever met has said: "I'm useless. I'll quit to help the organisation out."

It kind of goes with the territory of incompetence that the shit workers overestimates their own capabilities.  See 10 Downing Street or the White House for examples!

I'd be interested to see what kind of pay off Brunt got from us to walk away now

Unless he was on a pay as you play contract there is nobody that would walk away from a salary

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I'd be interested to see what kind of pay off Brunt got from us to walk away now

Unless he was on a pay as you play contract there is nobody that would walk away from a salary

If someone offered you say 50-60% of the remaining salary you would have picked up by seeing out your contract as a lump sum payment and if you had a job lined up in the next couple of months at an equivalent wag you might well consider that good value. It might have been even more basic in that he simply didn't fancy the travelling involved to fulfil the obligations under the contract and was happy to accept a settlement and take his chances on securing another job. The guy will hardly be penniless.

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

Surely he must have accepted less than he was entitled to, otherwise the contract may as well have run down?

Perhaps in these circs, if you want the money as a lump sum upfront you accept X%.

Quite possibly what has happened. As you said he has probably settled for a lesser amount than what the remainder of the contract was worth. In what ever case I’m sure Brunt has walked away with a healthy 6 figure sum.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Do you have any other generic comments that can be found on the forum of almost every football club in the country, on every day of the week?

Because they are generic does not mean they do not apply to our club at the moment, in my opinion. However I cannot speak for almost every other football club in the country though.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Is this another to be filed away in the "didnt work out folder"?

Brunt aside, age, injury etc. 

It's notable just how often previously successful, competent or promising players and managers seem to go to shit when they've joined.

Coppell was the Prime example. O'Driscoll had a  competent track record yet those two bookended one of worst spells in our history. 

Nicky Hunt prior to signing here, to a lesser extent Stewart were more than competent at this level. Track record wise anyway. El Abd went downhill at a rate of knots. On and on it goes.. 

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

We should also assess it against the salary he earns. £500k per annum. The highest paid off-field employee of this club in its history. 

Archived