IGNORED

Jodie Whittaker

phantom

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

It doesn't really matter who plays the Doctor, the problem with the show is the terrible writing and rubbish storylines.

100%.

I didn't warm to Whittaker, but that's mainly due to the writing. Was watching some of the old Eccleston and Tennant series recently, superb. The new stuff is too kid friendly, too preachy and the story arcs are dull. The New Years episode I completely lost interest in, even Captain Jack was written atrociously. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Seems to be a rumour started by the Daily Mirror.

It doesn't really matter who plays the Doctor, the problem with the show is the terrible writing and rubbish storylines.

She had released it yesterday evening, then seemingly picked up by various publications

It is painful to watch now and very noticeable the writing is not up to previous quality

40 minutes ago, Selred said:

100%.

I didn't warm to Whittaker, but that's mainly due to the writing. Was watching some of the old Eccleston and Tennant series recently, superb. The new stuff is too kid friendly, too preachy and the story arcs are dull. The New Years episode I completely lost interest in, even Captain Jack was written atrociously. 

For me I lost interest when Capaldi came on board, agree that Eccleston and Tennant were great playing the role, but like above no doubt assisted by better writers

I did wonder why Captain Jack was brought back after the Torchwood series is basically over, so no point bringing him on board

As for John Bishop . . . . .

Not uncommon for Doctors to leave after three series so would not be a shock if she went.

I disagree with some on here in that I think Chris Chibnall has got the show back on track after it lost its way a bit towards the end of Steven Moffatt's tenure. I liked Jodie Whittaker and I especially like there more of a team dynamic rather than the Doctor and one assistant. I also like the fact that the episodes are more ambitious and multi-locational. I'd agree the plots are sometimes a bit over-simplistic and Chibnall isn't great at making you care about minor characters (for example a load of extras being killed by the Daleks on New Year's Day felt like something neither the audience nor characters cared about whereas Russell T Davies would have made those moments resonate more but I've warmed to the last two episodes a lot more than the Capaldi years. 

I'm not massively keen on John Bishop's casting but then Billie Piper, Catherine Tate and Bradley Walsh were all similarly incongruous choices on paper that mostly worked out so I'm ready to be proven wrong. 

The conversation should start with the influence of Russell T. Davies and Stephen Moffatt, their departures, then go through the over-bearing influence of the BBC's management. Having rediscovered the series they made a concerted effort to rediscover the original fans, who by now have kids of their own. More 'adult' themes and scenarios, using the BBC Cardiff facilities, have changed the whole feel. What was a child's evening slot got the primetime Saturday Night treatment - it went all out to attract the viewers with glossy effects, orchestral music and the works. For a while, the earlier Doctors (from Ecclestone onwards to perhaps Capaldi) all had the chance to go right over the top against the backdrops of more convoluted plots. It worked largely, so they continued. However, this appears to have reached the top and is now going downhill. I don't slight any of the principal cast but the series has lost some of the original flavour. What was once based around a strangely eccentric but lovable old grand-dad character has morphed into something far more show-biz. Yes, I am an old duffer myself but the ethos and direction aren't the same.

I still recorded it, mind.

• Admin

Just announced that she is leaving her role in 2022

Six part series later this year and then three one off specials in 2022

Whether is was her acting or the writing or probably a combination of both, this series is feeling like it has run out of ideas now

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

The worst kept secret is finally out. Now the trick is trying to find out the next one ahead of the bookies which is always a lot harder. Apparently they wanted rid of her.  Olly Alexander is probably the rightful favourite. 

Who?

19 hours ago, phantom said:

Just announced that she is leaving her role in 2022

Six part series later this year and then three one off specials in 2022

Whether is was her acting or the writing or probably a combination of both, this series is feeling like it has run out of ideas now

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Crocodile+Dundee+in+Los+Angeles&filters=ufn%3a"Crocodile+Dundee+in+Los+Angeles"+sid%3a"36f79a6b-29fb-5f4a-a5a9-3a83d7c265d9"+catguid%3a"53f6f353-ed64-ba0e-7d13-54e0e4c2816e_cfb02057"+segment%3a"generic.carousel"+secq%3a"Crocodile+Dundee+in+Los+Angeles"+supwlcar%3a"0"+segtype%3a"TW92aWU%3d"+ctype%3a"0"+mltype%3a"0"+eltypedim1%3a"Movie"&FORM=SNAPCR

how about this bloke he does not need a telephone box

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Lead actor in 'It's a sin'

Probably maybe a better option that can open there mouth and be quite vocal and will have the ability to  swallow any public negativity going forward

Image result for linda lovelace

Archived