IGNORED

Talking Italian

BigAl&Toby

Who remembers Bananarama? I do! I went to the same junior school as a few of them.

And two of them were on Pointless Celebrities over Christmas. Oh yes. Rock and roll in Somerset ? but it didn’t cost me a tenner to watch, I didn’t have to listen to Rene talking “turds” and it was far more entertaining.

Anyway why is it that Marcelo Bielsa still needs an interpreter for post match interviews?

Does he speak in his native tongue when he’s pitch side?

Why does he crouch down for nearly the whole 90 minutes?

And why oh ******* why can’t we have someone like that?

And I know. He’s not Italian and isn’t speaking Italian. But how else could I mention my pre-pubescent love of some of Downend’s finest? ?

3 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Who remembers Bananarama? I do! I went to the same junior school as a few of them.

And two of them were on Pointless Celebrities over Christmas. Oh yes. Rock and roll in Somerset ? but it didn’t cost me a tenner to watch, I didn’t have to listen to Rene talking “turds” and it was far more entertaining.

Anyway why is it that Marcelo Bielsa still needs an interpreter for post match interviews?

And I know. He’s not Italian and isn’t speaking Italian. But how else could I mention my pre-pubescent love of some of Downend’s finest? ?

Early contender for most random post award 2021. Good on you!

12 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

There's a lot of pointless celebrities on that show. 

15 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Not bad for a couple of junior school kids from Bromley heath that were the original two. Estimated two be worth 10 mill pounds each and they are now in their late 50s 

45 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I went to Bromley Heath Junior School    when it opened in 1960 .

I hate these managers who can't be arsed to learn the language, Poch was one ,for a long time !

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I went to Bromley Heath Junior School    when it opened in 1960 .

I hate these managers who can't be arsed to learn the language, Poch was one ,for a long time !

Careful. We’ll end up talking shops....

Quakers Road or Baugh Gardens.

Snakers or the Pavilion..... ?

• Admin
2 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Was it Pochetino that was using an interpreter even though he could speak English

But was worried that he would say something wrong in an interview so kept using an interpreter

24 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Quakers Rd deffo, Christopher Bell's   bakery and Mills the first "supermarket" in Downend !  ?

Before my time. Well before my time! ?

Although I do remember Christopher Bell’s over in Warmley when Granny Ivy was alive. Supermarket was the Gateway I think when we lived there.

But tell me. Down in the park. Was that old steam roller then there? And that lovely slider that you could climb up and get on top the roof?

Spent many a happy day down there. Wearing my First Division days Umbro replica shirt that the boy now has framed on his wall....

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Was it Pochetino that was using an interpreter even though he could speak English

But was worried that he would say something wrong in an interview so kept using an interpreter

Never mind Poch. Or Bielsa.

I think Deano needs a post match translator. Nothing much that he’s said of late seems to translate into what I’ve been seeing on Robins TV..... ?

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good song that! 
I wonder what Robert De Niro thought of it.........

Ironically, he can't speak Italian.

He learned a bit for his part in The Godfather, but like most third-generation Italian Americans, he understands very little of the language.

He's more fluent in the Spanish he learned at school.

9 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Before my time. Well before my time! ?

Although I do remember Christopher Bell’s over in Warmley when Granny Ivy was alive. Supermarket was the Gateway I think when we lived there.

But tell me. Down in the park. Was that old steam roller then there? And that lovely slider that you could climb up and get on top the roof?

Yes J H Mills was taken over by Gateway and subsequently by Somerfields..

Never went to that park, we had enough waste ground in the Oakdale area, or we'd go to George V playing fields .

Just to totally down the mood, the song (although excellent) is very dark, and that is missed by most who listen to it. The crux of the song is a woman who is being attacked - or at the very least in an abusive relationship:

”A walk in the park can become a bad dream”

”I never want this to happen to me”

The De Niro reference is because the singer is trying to think of happier places (watching a film or a face on the wall) to shut out the abuse as it happens.

Now, True Blue. That’s about a sensitive girl who meets a nice guy. But Like a Virgin...

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes J H Mills was taken over by Gateway and subsequently by Somerfields..

Never went to that park, we had enough waste ground in the Oakdale area, or we'd go to George V playing fields .

Monkey Puzzle tree and the electricity sub-station?

And me! ?

3 hours ago, City oz said:

Not bad for a couple of junior school kids from Bromley heath that were the original two. Estimated two be worth 10 mill pounds each and they are now in their late 50s 

Even more not bad considering they couldn’t sing 

6 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Robert DeNiro is from Downend ?

Archived