IGNORED

Hakeeb Adelakun

GrahamC

I do wonder with him whether there is some kind of homesickness. Although he’s from Hackney, he spent 6 years at Scunnie and loans are now to Rotherham and Hull, so there’s definitely a geographic pattern.

People have guessed that Nagy hasn’t settled. It’s a smaller distance (not Joey Beauchamp small) but I wonder if the same might apply here and that’s why he’s never got going.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

He was probably worth taking a chance on considering it was a nominal fee. Small wages too. Some of these signings just won't work out (ie Eisa, Szmodics) and sometimes we'll make a profit as we did on those two. 

I think overall he was worth taking a chance on at the time. Shame it didn't work out.

The fee was over £600k!

He trained with Oxford at the start of this season & they didn’t pursue their interest, his wages weren’t all that “small” either..

Looked completely out of his depth in his few games to me.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

The fee was over £600k!

He trained with Oxford at the start of this season & they didn’t pursue their interest, his wages weren’t all that “small” either..

As frightening as it is to say it, 6 figure sums are chicken feed today. 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The fee was over £600k!

I thought the fee was far lower than that actually, for some reason I thought it was >£200k.

I retract that point about the value then

32 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Hull probably can't afford a permanent right now but a loan with a view to a buy would suit. 

No view to buy if he stays the season as his contract will be up, at least we will have saved a portion of his wages though.

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The fee was over £600k!

Really? It was a tribunal fee wasn't it, I'd be very surprised if a tribunal made us pay that much for an OOC League 1 player.

I seem to remember he got a bad injury when he first arrived and then seemed to have always been playing catch up. Shame, I thought he was a good punt when we brought him in

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

Really? It was a tribunal fee wasn't it, I'd be very surprised if a tribunal made us pay that much for an OOC League 1 player.

I seem to remember he got a bad injury when he first arrived and then seemed to have always been playing catch up. Shame, I thought he was a good punt when we brought him in

Quoted in the local press up at Scunthorpe at the time the fee was set, which bizarrely was about a third of the way into his first season with us.

34 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

It was a tribunal fee that was set between 400 -700k

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I do wonder with him whether there is some kind of homesickness. Although he’s from Hackney, he spent 6 years at Scunnie and loans are now to Rotherham and Hull, so there’s definitely a geographic pattern.

People have guessed that Nagy hasn’t settled. It’s a smaller distance (not Joey Beauchamp small) but I wonder if the same might apply here and that’s why he’s never got going.

Grant McCann (Hull manager) is ex-Scunny, and although they wasn’t there at the same time as Hakeeb, McCann’s assistant Cliff Byrne was.  2+2=4....or 5. ?

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I have it as £600k.  We do have a year option too.  From my notes (not fact) we eventually settled a fee with Rotherham on 6th March this year rather than go to tribunal.

It hasn’t worked but these signings are worth it. 600k for a young player who was a top performer in the league below. At worst we sell for 300k or something like that and we take a small hit on wages when he wasn’t on loan. It is a small gamble that a player can make a step up. Throw in the fact we will put a sell on in there and we could make the money back if he finds himself in a good situation in the championship. 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

The fee was over £600k!

I think it was me who posted that on here originally, later found it wasn't him & was an MK Dons player called Asonganyi. 

Got injured in a pre-season behind closed doors game, then got thrown in to the starting line up away at Leeds once fit (A LJ special)

I had high hopes for Adelakun, banged on about him for a few years on here/twitter, shame it didn't work out. 

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

In trying to check this, it seems we agreed an undisclosed fee and avoided a tribunal. Couldn't see how much. If it was 400k to 700k because of add ons, I can't see many of them being met in his 5 appearances...

Bizarrely EFL Hub, a very big Twitter account (11,000 followers) reckons he could be heading over the river to join our South Gloucestershire friends now, not Hull.

If true hopefully that is a permanent deal because there is no logic in loaning them any of our players.

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bizarrely EFL Hub, a very big Twitter account (11,000 followers) reckons he could be heading over the river to join our South Gloucestershire friends now, not Hull.

If true hopefully that is a permanent deal because there is no logic in loaning them any of our players.

No deals between the two clubs I thought? ?

Why on earth would we even contemplate helping the Gas. If he goes there and is successful then he will have directly contributed to their points tally. Not one to think about it’s for his own development where that shower are concerned as wish them nothing but failure.

Archived